HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Suggestion NYR-MTL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2013, 11:32 PM
  #1
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
Trade Suggestion NYR-MTL

To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Stepan
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:37 PM
  #2
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hôlle
Posts: 30,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Stepan
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj
Stepan has size?!?!?!

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:37 PM
  #3
68*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,022
vCash: 500
To NYR: Thomas
To MTL: Kristo

68* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:38 PM
  #4
MJG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,463
vCash: 500
In before McD

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:40 PM
  #5
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,007
vCash: 500
NYR wouldn't do this.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:42 PM
  #6
Jay Wolf
Registered User
 
Jay Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
You lost me at, "To NYR: Lars Eller..."

Jay Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:43 PM
  #7
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,973
vCash: 500
The Rangers wouldn't do this, and it doesn't really target a need for the Habs since Galchenyuk should be able to give us what Stepan does in a year or so.

Now is not the time to panic about Eller, just because of preseason games.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  #8
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Habs get Gomez and trade him for McDonagh

or not

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  #9
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Didn't you create the 'McCarron is Blake Wheeler' and 'Bournival plays like Brenden Morrow' threads?

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:06 AM
  #10
HatTricK09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,782
vCash: 982
Trading with NYR, this can't go bad at all

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:11 AM
  #11
That Habs Fan
Weber + Price = ✓
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Please, stop making threads.
Pretty please?

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:12 AM
  #12
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 500
Only in Montreal. Bad pre-season games and you're outtttttt.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:42 AM
  #13
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,818
vCash: 500
I love Eller but Stepan is a better player. The Rags wouldn't so this anyway.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:25 AM
  #14
L4br3cqu3
U mad ?
 
L4br3cqu3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I love Eller but Stepan is a better player. The Rags wouldn't so this anyway.
He is, but then the op puts him on the 3rd line RW... I just hope he stopped posting in the Trade proposal thread, I can't disagree with overlords here...

L4br3cqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:45 AM
  #15
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,165
vCash: 785
Aside from the fact that the Rangers would never do this in a million years, how on earth did you ever come away with the idea that Stepan was big or fast? Those are pretty much his two (fairly well known) biggest weaknesses.

And I'm one of the bigger Eller fans on this board.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 02:38 AM
  #16
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 05:03 AM
  #17
No More Subban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: North Korea
Posts: 9,793
vCash: 500
OP, keep playing NHL14. Lol

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 05:34 AM
  #18
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Every thread and post from rockjngo puts a smile on my face. Entertaining guy.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:09 AM
  #19
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Stepan
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj
Stepan is 6' 182lbs.

No way in hell I make that deal. I'm not sure I'd give up Eller for him, let alone throwing in White and LeBlanc for a bust d-man...we already have a pile of d-men prospects in the AHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:17 AM
  #20
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Stepan is 6' 182lbs.

No way in hell I make that deal. I'm not sure I'd give up Eller for him, let alone throwing in White and LeBlanc for a bust d-man...we already have a pile of d-men prospects in the AHL.
I would definitely give up Eller for him, Stepan is just a better player IMO and I think it will stay that way. And per the rumours is only asking for a 3.5 million bridge deal, Stepan was their first line center last year and had a tremendous year. Leblanc isn't a deal breaker too, I don't think the Rangers would do that though. Maybe add a couple of drat picks on our side.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:28 AM
  #21
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I would definitely give up Eller for him, Stepan is just a better player IMO and I think it will stay that way. And per the rumours is only asking for a 3.5 million bridge deal, Stepan was their first line center last year and had a tremendous year. Leblanc isn't a deal breaker too, I don't think the Rangers would do that though. Maybe add a couple of drat picks on our side.
Stepan is a very good player, but people complain that DD has sheltered minutes and gets the top wingers, well Stepan got #1 center ice time, PP time and wingers last year. If you stick Eller with the top PP, Nash and Callahan as wingers, what would his numbers be?

Stepan (23) 6' 182lbs 48 GP 18-26-44(10 PP points) 20:55 ice time
Eller(24) 6'2" 216lbs 46 GP 8-22-30(5 PP points) 14:50 ice time

They actually had the same production rates.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:40 AM
  #22
vokiel
#FireBergerrien
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 10,849
vCash: 50
That's a lot to give and I'm not sure the Rags would touch Leblanc with a 9 foot clown pole with his limited pre-season performance.

Edit: One thing the habs didn't do with Leblanc is put his skills on display for a trade, that's the bottom line.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
  #23
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
That's a lot to give and I'm not sure the Rags would touch Leblanc with a 9 foot clown pole with his limited pre-season performance.

Edit: One thing the habs didn't do with Leblanc is put his skills on display for a trade, that's the bottom line.
Trading LeBlanc makes little sense for the Habs.

1-they would be trading low
2-they have some veterans on RW that will need replacing and he is one of the closer young players to the NHL
3-he showed up in camp in top shape and motivated, let him produce

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
  #24
BigDaddyLurch
#NukeDaFoxhole
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BargainBinVille
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 500
This is just a whole lotta bad...plus we need to stop trading with the Rags, it's like Sather's superpower is screwing us in trades.



BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:53 AM
  #25
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why Eller is often discribed as a solid defensive center.

I mean, he's good on the PK, but is very average in his territory 5 on 5.

LePoche69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.