HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will seize the final roster spot(s) at forward from the following list?

View Poll Results: Who will seize the final roster spot(s) at forward from the following list?
Berglund 26 70.27%
Foster 4 10.81%
Pihlman 8 21.62%
Pikkarainen 7 18.92%
Skrlac 5 13.51%
Suglobov 4 10.81%
None of the above 3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Who will seize the final roster spot(s) at forward from the following list?

With Stevenson and Larionov still ailing, Brylin back in Russia for the time being, and Nieuwendyk and McKenzie no longer here, which remaining forward or forwards in training camp from this list have the best chance of making the opening night roster right now? Seems as though Rupp and Rasmussen are locks upfront and lines are lately shaping up to be...

Elias - Gomez - Marshall
Friesen - Rupp - Langenbrunner
Pandolfo - Madden - Gionta / ?
X - Rasmussen - X

This poll is multiple choice so you can select two candidates.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I mistakenly left Jiri Bicek off this list for some reason so feel free to vote for him with a quick post below if desired.

Can a moderator edit this poll to add Bicek to the list by chance?

Old
09-28-2003, 10:18 AM
gmdevils

vCash: 500
Why is Brylin in Russia right now?

Old
09-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdevils
Why is Brylin in Russia right now?
I read that he went home to be with his family after his father passed and would likely miss the remainder of training camp.

Old
09-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Blackjack

Berglund
[ 7 ]
36.84%
Blackjack, DeVFaN, Fighter of Foo, flyers guy, ratsgirl, The Devils Repairman, Unthinkable

None of the above
[ 2 ]
10.53%
gmdevils, ratsgirl

Old
09-28-2003, 01:26 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
Berglund and for now Pihlman who will also get demoted after all players healthy.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:26 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Berglund
[ 7 ]
36.84%
Blackjack, DeVFaN, Fighter of Foo, flyers guy, ratsgirl, The Devils Repairman, Unthinkable

None of the above
[ 2 ]
10.53%
gmdevils, ratsgirl

HEY!
consider it a vote for bicek.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:08 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Well I voted for Foster and Berguld. I think Bergs deserves a shot, Foster may just be wishful thinking. It's acutally probably not the best idea to play Foster on 4th line, perhaps he can move up to 2nd line duty. We'll see.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
With Stevenson and Larionov still ailing, Brylin back in Russia for the time being, and Nieuwendyk and McKenzie no longer here, which remaining forward or forwards in training camp from this list have the best chance of making the opening night roster right now? Seems as though Rupp and Rasmussen are locks upfront and lines are lately shaping up to be...

Elias - Gomez - Marshall
Friesen - Rupp - Langenbrunner
Pandolfo - Madden - Gionta / ?
X - Rasmussen - X

This poll is multiple choice so you can select two candidates.
If Larionov and Stevenson remain injured and Brylin has a slow start, does anyone think Lou and Rheaume may come to terms after the waiver draft, to shore up the 4th line, as he can play any forward position?

Old
09-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Guttersnipe
Leave Zubrus Alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
If Larionov and Stevenson remain injured and Brylin has a slow start, does anyone think Lou and Rheaume may come to terms after the waiver draft, to shore up the 4th line, as he can play any forward position?
I'm happy with Larionov and Rasmussen as 4th line centers. If there is several injuries, I think we would see Darby called up before we saw Rheume resigned. I'd start worrying about Larionov if he misses the last pre-season games, because he had said he would like to play.

We have 6 players to fill 4 spots in the 3rd and 4th line, even with Turner on the IR: Brylin, Larionov, Rasmussen, Gionta, Bicek, Berglund.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttersnipe
I'm happy with Larionov and Rasmussen as 4th line centers. If there is several injuries, I think we would see Darby called up before we saw Rheume resigned. I'd start worrying about Larionov if he misses the last pre-season games, because he had said he would like to play.

We have 6 players to fill 4 spots in the 3rd and 4th line, even with Turner on the IR: Brylin, Larionov, Rasmussen, Gionta, Bicek, Berglund.
I guess I am seeing Rheaume as being more flexible than Darby, as he can play either wing as well as center, and shoots left handed. Darby shoots right, and he may be claimed off of waivers. I only bring up this scenario if Turner and Larionov remain injured, and Brylin has a slow or late start coming back from Russia. Pascal would be a reserve to the last four players you mentioned. I know he wants to return to the Devils. If he doesn't, I hope he signs with the other team his agent was talking to. I thought he was a good trade deadline pickup. He played well down the stretch and other than his -2 rating, he had a decent playoffs.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Update: RW Rob Skrlac was assigned to Albany (AHL) according to todays NJ Star Ledger. The Devils roster is now at 31 players.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Berglund for sure I think makes it, after that, either Bicek or Pikkarainen....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Closed Thread