HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Klefbom for Kevin Bieksa

Old
10-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Oilersfan57

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Not if he isn't developed properly alongside veterans.

Edler would not be who he is without the presence of Sami Salo and Mattius Ohlund at the start of his career.
I'm saying Klefbom is going to be skilled and Bieksa is on the decline.

Oilersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Edmonton would lose this trade decisively and it would become obvious within a year when klefbom is a rising star and bieksa looks washed up
It's pretty easy to win a trade when you compare someone's ideal development path to someone's worst.

Let me try one for you...I wouldn't trade Jensen for RNH, Jensen will be a top tier scorer next year while RNH is going to retire because his shoulder never heals. (See it's pretty stupid)

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
ChaoticOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
It's pretty easy to win a trade when you compare someone's ideal development path to someone's worst.

Let me try one for you...I wouldn't trade Jensen for RNH, Jensen will be a top tier scorer next year while RNH is going to retire because his shoulder never heals. (See it's pretty stupid)
You can't avoid old though. Injuries are a maybe, regression due to aging is almost assured.

To put it another way, the oilers think they'll get at least a decade out of Klefbom. Bieksa has - at best- 4 to 5 good years left.

ChaoticOrange is offline   Reply With Quote