HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Perron Watch Thread (Mod warning #341 copied to OP)

Old
10-05-2013, 09:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Like I've always said, if it becomes Perron for Paajarvi+Jaskin/Rattie/Carrier/Allen/Edmundson/etc. then we win.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Like I've always said, if it becomes Perron for Paajarvi+Jaskin/Rattie/Carrier/Allen/Edmundson/etc. then we win.
And even if it doesn't, it opened up room for Schwartz to get more minutes. In my mind, that alone makes it worth it.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
And even if it doesn't, it opened up room for Schwartz to get more minutes. In my mind, that alone makes it worth it.
But that's too complex for some to understand. Only direct effects matter, not indirect.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
But that's too complex for some to understand. Only direct effects matter, not indirect.
I just don't get some of the whining. David was a good player but he didn't fit here. It's just the way it goes sometimes. Schwartz is tailor made to be a huge component of this team. Getting him more ice time is huge.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

MOD:Make sure to keep the discussion civil.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
MOD:Make sure to keep the discussion civil.
I gave an honest effort.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

But the trade is still a win because of the replacements the players we were able to sign and the increased roles we were able to give Schwartz and Tarasenko.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:25 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
I gave an honest effort.

No you didn't at all.

GrandPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
But the trade is still a win because of the replacements the players we were able to sign and the increased roles we were able to give Schwartz and Tarasenko.
When you think about it in the big picture it was Perron for Paajarvi, a 2nd and Roy. We are definitely a better team because of it.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
When you think about it in the big picture it was Perron for Paajarvi, a 2nd and Roy. We are definitely a better team because of it.

Agree. Not sure who I would replace on our top 9 with Perron right now. Maybe Morrow, but other that that, Perron doesn't crack the top 9 IMO. But Morrow brings much more toughness that Perron

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:36 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Agree. Not sure who I would replace on our top 9 with Perron right now. Maybe Morrow, but other that that, Perron doesn't crack the top 9 IMO. But Morrow brings much more toughness that Perron
Morrow fits the system and understands his role much more than a selfish player like Perron.

Some just done understand addition by subtraction.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:44 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman11 View Post
Morrow fits the system and understands his role much more than a selfish player like Perron.

Some just done understand addition by subtraction.
A "selfish" player that gets plenty of primary assists by setting up teammates. In edmonton, he may have a few that can actually finish. Completely offbase evaluation. Sad

GrandPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
A "selfish" player that gets plenty of primary assists by setting up teammates. In edmonton, he may have a few that can actually finish. Completely offbase evaluation. Sad
Other than the "selfish" part, I see nothing in that post that isn't true.

Old
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

Quote:
Sorry your love for this one player has you blinded because he's a flawed incomplete player, and many of us here knew he was on his way out. With that being the case don't you wonder why you couldn't see he didn't fit on this team?

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
He had 6 primary assists last season...

Old
10-05-2013, 11:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Might as well mention his 4 PIM.

Make that 6.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 10-05-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old
10-06-2013, 12:02 AM
oPlaiD

The bust talk on Pajaarvi is tiresome.

People need to realize that he's only 22 years old - at that point in Lars Eller's career, he was producing the same as Paajarvi, but that was showing "promise". For MPS, since he's been in the NHL longer, it means he's a bust?

I just picked a name out of a hat for a comparison, but MPS was 10th overall pick and Eller 13th, it's pretty comparable. The story of MPS has barely even begun and people are already writing him off.

Now I hate making that argument because potential is meaningless until it's realized, but we didn't get a useless piece back in the deal. We got valuable future assets for a guy that's getting more expensive and didn't fit our system. We upgraded our current team by ditching Perron and replacing him with more minutes from Schwartz and the addition of Morrow, and we saved salary and picked up a 2nd round pick and what's basically a very high pedigree NHL ready prospect in MPS.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
What part of that is offbase? I guess you can argue the selfish part (not that either side can prove they're right) but the rest is absolutely true.

I'm curious who you would replace with Perron in the top 9 right now. I really hope it isn't Brenden Morrow, the guy who sparked the Blues on Thursday when the tide was going Nashville's way and the guy who started the offense tonight.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:33 AM
BadgersandBlues

Perron's assist was literally handing the puck off to his rushing D-man in the neutral zone, who then made an amazing individual effort to score a goal.

The Oilers still blow, they've given up like 12 goals in 2 games lol.

No reason to rush Magnus. It's a long season, I'm sure he's going to see lots of action. It's pretty obvious what Morrow brings to the table, had not a second's hesitation going and backing his guys up when things got bumpy. Can't hate that.

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:49 AM
HooliganX2

I understand why we traded Perron, IMO we still got poor value for Perron. Comparing MPS to Eller really doesn't make sense as Eller showed more potential then MPS has thus far. Looking at just their stats as a comparison doesn't tell the whole story at all.

The hate for Perron in here is sad. Yes he's not on our team but no need to make things up about him to make him seem much worse.

If you want to say he wasn't a fit I can understand that. No need to say he was a "selfish player". Perron is not on our team I still am a fan of his and wish him the best in EDM except when they play us.

Perron is the vastly better player then MPS. A 2nd round pick could be anything. Amazingly looking at Armstrong's track record he seems to do better with 2nd round picks than 1sts.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:52 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Oilers fan in peace, still hoping Magnus pans out for you guys. Great guy, always thought he had game. Perron's been one of our best players while the rest of 'em have been ****ing the bed, so there's that.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I understand why we traded Perron, IMO we still got poor value for Perron. Comparing MPS to Eller really doesn't make sense as Eller showed more potential then MPS has thus far. Looking at just their stats as a comparison doesn't tell the whole story at all.

The hate for Perron in here is sad. Yes he's not on our team but no need to make things up about him to make him seem much worse.

If you want to say he wasn't a fit I can understand that. No need to say he was a "selfish player". Perron is not on our team I still am a fan of his and wish him the best in EDM except when they play us.

Perron is the vastly better player then MPS. A 2nd round pick could be anything. Amazingly looking at Armstrong's track record he seems to do better with 2nd round picks than 1sts.
I'll grant you what's not in bold. As far as looking at the trade in a vacuum, no the Blues don't appear to have gotten good value and Perron is clearly the better player.

I don't get the bold part of this post at all though. Nothing that's been said here is new. Nobody is making up things to make him seem much worse. It's the same things people saw and complained and didn't like about him when he was here.

Making things up would be like saying he's an injury prone player with overrated offensive potential. That would be making something up.

I don't see him being called a selfish player as making something up, especially since it was something that was said frequently while he was on our team.

It's fine to still be a fan of his, but it's also fine for those who didn't like him while he was here, to be happy he's gone/not root for him now. You saw a player that clearly is still worth cheering in your mind; I saw a selfish player that I couldn't wait to be rid of. Doesn't make it "sad", just different.

Sorry if that felt like a rant directed personally at you, it wasn't, just happened to be the post I quoted.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

I'll always cheer for Perron, regardless of what team he's on. Yeah, his last season here was awful, but he was still a helluva player who absolutely loved the game and city. I wish him all the best.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:57 AM
BlueDream

Lol Edmonton got killed.

Yeah Perron's gonna lead them to the promise land tho.

Also, get out of here with the "you guys need to stop hating on Perron and acting like he's worse than he is" ********. That's a complete load of crap. The only people lying here are the Perron fanboys that act like he's an offensive superstar. The guy is nowhere close to that. We're doing just fine without him, what a shocker!

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:37 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post

Also, get out of here with the "you guys need to stop hating on Perron and acting like he's worse than he is" ********. That's a complete load of crap. The only people lying here are the Perron fanboys that act like he's an offensive superstar. The guy is nowhere close to that. We're doing just fine without him, what a shocker!
Holy Jumpin! Thank you! Thank you!

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote