HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pits -Vancouver proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 09:54 AM
UserName

vCash: 500
Pits -Vancouver proposal

To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov

Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg

your thoughts???

Old
09-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Jeff Goldblum

If VAN doesn't sign him soon, he'll be FA. We could have him for nothing.

I'll pass.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzy_88

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg
i don't understand this really.. pittsburgh uses an offensive style just as much as vancouver do they not?..

Old
09-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Kolsov looks like a keeper

Old
09-28-2003, 10:38 AM
spence___

Quote:
If Pittsburgh's to be succsessful than they'll need his speed more than Vancouver will.

They already have 2 hometown prospects in Abbott and Malone as well.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:51 AM
dangerous_dan

vCash:
why would they trade for our contract problem? Koltsov sounds like he's further along anyway

Old
09-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
LOL troll time!

Old
09-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

No, from a pens standpoint.

Old
09-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov

Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

your thoughts???
Change Kolstov to a pick 2 of the following:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L

Old
09-28-2003, 11:12 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L
done and done.. where do we sign?

Old
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
OlliMackBjugStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens4ever
If VAN doesn't sign him soon, he'll be FA. We could have him for nothing.

I'll pass.
i dont believe Umberger has the option to become UFA. Someone can correct me, but I believe his only option is to play in a pro league outside of the NHL. VAN owns his rights now indefinatly for the NHL.

No ?

DR

Old
09-28-2003, 11:29 AM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I'd rather keep Koltsov at this point.

I'm a huge RJ fan too.

Old
09-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Ah.. Yet another Umberger to Pittsburgh proposal..

And a bad one at that.

Old
09-28-2003, 12:33 PM
spence___

Quote:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L
Of those 3 the only one I could see the Pen's trading is Kraft and that's only if the Pen's intend on demoting him.

Old
09-28-2003, 12:35 PM
spence___

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedReality
i dont believe Umberger has the option to become UFA. Someone can correct me, but I believe his only option is to play in a pro league outside of the NHL. VAN owns his rights now indefinatly for the NHL.

No ?

DR
I was under the impression that Vancouver would have until June to sign him but since he didnt finish his senior year I'm not certain.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:29 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedReality

No ?

DR
As I understand it, if Umberger sits out the entire season and plays only non-pro hockey, he will be a UFA. But if he plays 1 game of pro hockey in any league, AHL, ECHL, Europe, the Canucks have his rights indefinatly.

The catch for Umberger is a possbile strike/lockout. He will not see one cent of NHL pay for how many years if he does not sign this season? And when he does sign in however many years he will be bound by rookie limits. There are rumblings that rookies may take it up the butt on the next CBA and that would not bode well for Umberger.

All in all Burke has all the playing cards for the next 9 months, Umberger has none till June.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:31 PM
The Pucks

As for the proposal, from a Vancouver stand point I would decline. I feel Umberger has a better package to become a solid pro. He has size and hands on his side, I think he will enjoy a better career than Koltsov.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:33 PM
West Coast Express

i'd take abid, he's a good player.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Evilo

well like any wise mind, no to Koltsov, no to Beech (similar to Umberger only signed), probably no to Abid as well, and possibly yes to Kraft.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Rageinthecage

Quote:

Kraft, Abid, Sivek

S L

Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.
Yep!

Old
09-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Wow.... then we should really get the GM's together on this one. The problem with Kraft and Abid both is that they cannot be assigned to the minors without passing through waivers, and they're both presumed to be in Edzo's doghouse because they performed miserabily in the preseason. Edzo stresses efoort in all zones of the ice, and Kraft can't manage it in even one. Edzo stresses tenacity, whereas Abid has appeared lazy and disinterested at times.

Interestingly enough, I think Ryan Malone and Matt Murley are more of a lock to make the team than any of the three guys I listed. I even suspect Kraft or Abid (doubtfully both) will be released on waivers. The way I see Umberger, and I could be wrong about this, is as a good skating, decent scoring forward with good size and the potential to be physical. Kraft can't skate and isn't physical, despite his size. Abid can't skate and *is* physical, but he hasn't shown anything to the Pens yet. I think Umberger is less of a liability on the roster than either of those two, and it would be a good wake-up call to the rest of the young guys in the organization if we deal someone who isn't performing up to expectation.

S L

Old
09-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Evilo

Abid hasn't shown anything?
Wow big news, he's played three games injured with the Penguins, before going under the knife.
Now you have NY minute patience, huh?

Old
09-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Rageinthecage

Quote:
Wow.... then we should really get the GM's together on this one. The problem with Kraft and Abid both is that they cannot be assigned to the minors without passing through waivers, and they're both presumed to be in Edzo's doghouse because they performed miserabily in the preseason. Edzo stresses efoort in all zones of the ice, and Kraft can't manage it in even one. Edzo stresses tenacity, whereas Abid has appeared lazy and disinterested at times.

Interestingly enough, I think Ryan Malone and Matt Murley are more of a lock to make the team than any of the three guys I listed. I even suspect Kraft or Abid (doubtfully both) will be released on waivers. The way I see Umberger, and I could be wrong about this, is as a good skating, decent scoring forward with good size and the potential to be physical. Kraft can't skate and isn't physical, despite his size. Abid can't skate and *is* physical, but he hasn't shown anything to the Pens yet. I think Umberger is less of a liability on the roster than either of those two, and it would be a good wake-up call to the rest of the young guys in the organization if we deal someone who isn't performing up to expectation.

S L
Forgot that both Abid and Kraft would have to clear waivers. That makes it slightly more difficult to deal with the Canucks. No room at the moment for either in the Canuck's lineup. We either need a surefire top sixer, or a young player that can clear waivers and play on the farm (i.e. Koltsov, but no way the Penguins do that). Maybe these teams are poor trading partners at this point.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Fedz

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! From a Vancouver point of view!

Closed Thread