HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pits -Vancouver proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Doofis_L_Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
I was under the impression that Vancouver would have until June to sign him but since he didnt finish his senior year I'm not certain.
I believe it has something to do with the last date he played college hockey, or puts in a request in writing to be signed or something like that.

Either way I've heard a June 1 date being tossed around.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:35 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
IMO a signed Umberger isn't worth Koltsov, but I'm not really to familiar with either, so my opinion is based only on what I've read.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Yammer

Not that I want to pillage the Penguins franchise, but if they are still in extreme cost-cutting mode, then perhaps Straka and his four millions can be traded to Vancouver, which has playmaking problems.

Not sure what Pittsburgh is willing to settle for, but Sopel and Umberger are expendable with some upside.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzy_88
To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov

Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg

your thoughts???
Kolstov would fit well into our system for sure, but I think I'll wait and see if we can't sign Umberger before I start looking to move him.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Pick two of the following? Are you serious? Burke will gladly take Kraft and Abid and run, laughing at the top of his lungs. Don't think Penguins fans would like this too much. Seriously, I'd be happy with just one of Kraft or Abid for Umberger.
I like Abid, but he doesn't skate that great, so he doesn't really fit here. Kraft is also good enough, but he's not an exceptional skater either, so I'd pass.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Billdog33

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzy_88
To pittsberg rj umberger

To vancouver konstantin koltsov

Rj umberger is a pittsberg boy and might sign for less with pittsberg then with vancouver

Kolsov has blazeing speed and will fit in better with vancouvers system then with pittsberg

your thoughts???
Pens had Koltsov on the #1 line last week in a game with Mario and Straka and he scored 3 goals!! Mario was RW on that line. The knock on him is that he cant score and its been true up till that game. Last year in Wilkes-Barre he scored only 9 times in 65 games. Its not known at this time if he will remain on the #1 line or be on #2. He can fly that for sure and I dont think the pens would trade him now....he has too much upside now. Us pen fans still rememeber the trade that sent Naslund to Vancouver and we dont want that to happen again!!

Old
09-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Jacob

Koltsov's scoring potential didn't exactly come out of left field, he did tear up the WJCs and had a solid season in Russia, but one preseason game doesn't all of a sudden make a player a potential goal scorer.

Old
09-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

I think Koltsov will develop into a VERY good third liner or a good second liner.

Closed Thread