HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Wishlist

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2013, 09:44 AM
  #101
EON 93
very ok poster
 
EON 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Erie, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,233
vCash: 400
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I would really love to see Be A GM Mode expanded to the CHL. When I play FIFA Manager Mode, I like to start in a crappy league and build that team up before taking a better job, just feels more realistic to start from the bottom and work your way up. So if they did this in NHL, you could start out as the GM of say, the Erie Otters. Have the OHL draft every year in April, then the CHL import draft in early July. Have to abide by the 2 import rule, and only 3 overager rule. Would also be cool to work with the added factor that you may lose your players to the NHL/AHL. I think this would be a lot of fun and if you did a good job in the CHL you could get hired up in the AHL or NHL. Would just make it a more authentic GM experience.

EON 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 12:06 PM
  #102
actionhank1786
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Dude relax. I don't think its too much to ask for a player to have the right hair color. Welcome to 2013. Its not that hard to make accurate looking players. It gives the game much more of an authentic feel.

When I played NHL 2001 I didn't really care about what the players looked like, but its 2013 now. We could probably get some more accurate faces. I agree I would much rather have the stupid AI and the board play and the horrible tie-ups and the glitch goals fixed, but I don't think a visual overhaul is too much to ask for. Its not "ruining the games" like you say haha.

Relax... Or go to a website that has "real gamers" haha. Maybe a website devoted to the real NHL isn't a good place to vent about how you can't stand people that want Jonathan Quick to NOT have blonde hair anymore (he might not now, but he did before).
To piggy back on this comment, it's not too much for us to ask to fix it ourselves.
I understand mistakes happen, there are a ton of hockey players to add...but, good lord. If they don't get it right, they could at least give us a chance to fix it ourselves.
Players editing is about 6 years behind most other games.
In MLB The show i can edit things all the way down to the shape and width of the bridge of my nose...in NHL14, i can't do anything besides pick from a group of generic head shapes.
The player editing is sadly lacking, and it shows, because 3/4 of the players in game all look the same.
There's so little to differentiate anyone from the other players, and it would go a long was in improving the looks of the game to have this be an option.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 12:10 PM
  #103
actionhank1786
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotTheMovie View Post
Hybrid icing has been in the game since 2010.
Pretty sure you only get no-touch, and standard. I don't think Hybrid is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That would be extremely cool, but EA can't even get player numbers or handedness correct, so I doubt they would invest the time/effort/money into studying each player's skating style. They could maybe add that as a feature for BeAPro and EASHL, though. Add a little more variety. Doubt it, though.
I would love if they would do it like how MLB The Show has various batting stances and pitching deliveries. Ugh, so much that could be done for this game to make it so much more immersive .
I'm really holding out hope for the NHL15 on the Next-Gen consoles, but i'm definitely not holding my breath.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 01:45 PM
  #104
blueliner18
Registered User
 
blueliner18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NE Ice rinks
Country: United States
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
AI and Presentation

Everything overhauled, new graphics, new AI, and new presentation. Every player sould look like there real life counterpart. You can make out the Crosby's, Ovechkin's, and Malkins, but beyond that everybody looks like Mr. Potatohead. AI all over the ice needs scraped and reworked. Hard as hell playing defense on a forward skating out of the corner, they often walk thru checks easily (like every forward possess Mario like qualities). Even when you separate them from the puck, they either get it right back or it goes right to a team mates stick. Puck physics have never been right. All rebounds off of CPU shots tend to end up in the high slot right on a players tape. Presentation how about new commentary... Thorne and Clement haven't called a game since 2004, stale. Can we please have a mixture, and not just one commentary duo for every game, every season?? Why not have NHL Network presentation, HNIC, or NBCSN...pregame, postgame, and intermissions. I expect A LOT in the jump to next gen systems. I want WOW... not the same ol' tweaks with some better visuals.

blueliner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 01:49 PM
  #105
blueliner18
Registered User
 
blueliner18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NE Ice rinks
Country: United States
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner18 View Post
Everything overhauled, new graphics, new AI, and new presentation. Every player sould look like there real life counterpart. You can make out the Crosby's, Ovechkin's, and Malkins, but beyond that everybody looks like Mr. Potatohead. AI all over the ice needs scraped and reworked. Hard as hell playing defense on a forward skating out of the corner, they often walk thru checks easily (like every forward possess Mario like qualities). Even when you separate them from the puck, they either get it right back or it goes right to a team mates stick. Puck physics have never been right. All rebounds off of CPU shots tend to end up in the high slot right on a players tape. Presentation how about new commentary... Thorne and Clement haven't called a game since 2004, stale. Can we please have a mixture, and not just one commentary duo for every game, every season?? Why not have NHL Network presentation, HNIC, or NBCSN...pregame, postgame, and intermissions. I expect A LOT in the jump to next gen systems. I want WOW... not the same ol' tweaks with some better visuals.
Plus they need to make core play spotless, before adding mode after mode after mode... None of it works if fundamental gameplay isn't poished.

blueliner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 12:55 PM
  #106
DudMan28
Registered User
 
DudMan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Certain attributes should cost more depending on player size. Its ridiculous that guys in EASHL can be 6'8 and still be the fastest, most agile players on the ice. Its equivalent to playing Lebron James x5 in the NBA.

DudMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
  #107
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 31,592
vCash: 50
Multi player local Be a GM modes.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 11:39 AM
  #108
Martyros
Allow me to retort
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMan28 View Post
Certain attributes should cost more depending on player size. Its ridiculous that guys in EASHL can be 6'8 and still be the fastest, most agile players on the ice. Its equivalent to playing Lebron James x5 in the NBA.
This. Strength and balance should be easier to come by as well. I play with a big body, usually like to park in front of the net for garbage goals/screens/tips yet when i get the puck, i barely get bumped by a 5'9 guy and takes 3 whole seconds to recover after losing the puck and my footing.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:19 AM
  #109
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,823
vCash: 708
Fix the International teams. The rosters are from the 2010 Olympics, and until NHL 2019 I guess they'll use the 2014 Olympic rosters. I don't know how FIFA works now, but I remember playing FIFA 2005 or 2006 (or there around) where they had a great system for this. Taking team Sweden for instance, you could make roster moves and a list of every player of Swedish nationality that's in the game would appear, and you could pick any one of them to play for the team.

In EA's NHL, you have to move players from their NHL teams or create custom teams and move those player copies to the national teams. Would be great if it was like in FIFA. Wish they would have the real jerseys too.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 07:33 PM
  #110
kmdoom
Registered User
 
kmdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: alexandria va
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvs View Post
Fix the International teams. The rosters are from the 2010 Olympics, and until NHL 2019 I guess they'll use the 2014 Olympic rosters. I don't know how FIFA works now, but I remember playing FIFA 2005 or 2006 (or there around) where they had a great system for this. Taking team Sweden for instance, you could make roster moves and a list of every player of Swedish nationality that's in the game would appear, and you could pick any one of them to play for the team.

In EA's NHL, you have to move players from their NHL teams or create custom teams and move those player copies to the national teams. Would be great if it was like in FIFA. Wish they would have the real jerseys too.
That system would be nice to have.

I think the only reason there aren't any real international tournaments or jerseys is because negotiating with the IIHF is tough. Too much money for CCM/Reebok, Easton, etc., although EA might be able to work something out if the NHL would allow them to call the series "EA Sports IIHF 15" or something like that...

kmdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:48 AM
  #111
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 4,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvs View Post
Fix the International teams. The rosters are from the 2010 Olympics, and until NHL 2019 I guess they'll use the 2014 Olympic rosters. I don't know how FIFA works now, but I remember playing FIFA 2005 or 2006 (or there around) where they had a great system for this. Taking team Sweden for instance, you could make roster moves and a list of every player of Swedish nationality that's in the game would appear, and you could pick any one of them to play for the team.

In EA's NHL, you have to move players from their NHL teams or create custom teams and move those player copies to the national teams. Would be great if it was like in FIFA. Wish they would have the real jerseys too.
Yeah, proper national teams and jerseys. Tired of decent teams like Belarus, Denmark and Latvia being filled with made-up players instead of real ones.

But, my biggest wish would be...


Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
  #112
kmdoom
Registered User
 
kmdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: alexandria va
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Yeah, proper national teams and jerseys. Tired of decent teams like Belarus, Denmark and Latvia being filled with made-up players instead of real ones.

But, my biggest wish would be...

Probably only going to happen if the NHL allows the name of the game to change to something like "IIHF Hockey" or KHL/NHL 15...

kmdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 07:15 PM
  #113
nabbyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lati4 View Post
I want to know what arena I am playing in there when the game starts. Besides the logo at center ice. Like in Madden, it does the shot outside of the stadium and then a few of inside and around the stadium. I think NHL needs to implement that. Makes the pre game better
They did this in freaking NHL2000 and they can't do it now.
I remember loading up games and it would show you a cool picture of the shark tank, even if you played a game with team Kazakhstan they would show a picture from like downtown Almaty. Now, every team has the same arena for the most part and half of them don't have the correct names. Laziness/cheapness issue.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:08 PM
  #114
Bullwine85
Registered User
 
Bullwine85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/

Bullwine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 01:57 AM
  #115
TigerTheLion
Registered User
 
TigerTheLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/
Personally, I'm more of a Blades of Steel man. But I would love to see a new Hitz as well. Especially considering the great job EA did on NBA Jam.

TigerTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM
  #116
mhart1
Maniac Caniac
 
mhart1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pori
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
A relist for same price button on hut for players that dont sell
THIS!!!

Also, add Hartford Whalers logo card for Carolina Hurricanes. And old logos for the other teams aswell!

mhart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:13 AM
  #117
King Karlsson
Gersei Chongar
 
King Karlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Yeah, proper national teams and jerseys. Tired of decent teams like Belarus, Denmark and Latvia being filled with made-up players instead of real ones.

But, my biggest wish would be...

Do people honestly not understand? KHL does not want to be associated with their rival league, will never be in an EA NHL Game.

King Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:45 PM
  #118
TigerTheLion
Registered User
 
TigerTheLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Connection View Post
Do people honestly not understand? KHL does not want to be associated with their rival league, will never be in an EA NHL Game.
I don't think anyone's saying it's realistic. Just that it would be nice to have.

TigerTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
  #119
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 4,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Connection View Post
Do people honestly not understand? KHL does not want to be associated with their rival league, will never be in an EA NHL Game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickRider View Post
I don't think anyone's saying it's realistic. Just that it would be nice to have.
Indeed. I didn't say it will happen. But it should, it would be a great addition. Think about all the players we are missing from the game because KHL isn't in...

And... I don't think KHL is as much against being in a NHL game as they may have been 5-6 years ago when they started. There's not as much unnecessary bragging and made-up competition now when they're estabilished themselves as the 2nd best league in the world, as there was when KHL begun.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:13 AM
  #120
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,726
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukgoalie View Post
Get rid of the following 2 glitches:

In the resigning window (just after the draft), if you release a ufa sometimes another player is released eg I released a random depth rw, next thing I know eberle is a ufa !!!

Second glitch
If you resign some good prospects in the free agency window. When their stats increase, they do not increase in trade value............unless you now save the game and reload it then values aren't bad

Great way to trade Peckham for something usefu
l
I've definitely exploited this glitch. Traded a 2nd round pick in a weak draft year for 85 overall Chris Summers from Phoenix, with 4 1/2 yellow stars' worth of potential.

__________________
CanadianHockey_________ _ _ _ _ _______Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 01:00 AM
  #121
Benjamin
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 27,616
vCash: 133
3rd-7th round picks can draft NHLers.

Potential can go up and down at any age.

Performance having some weight in contracts.

3 PK units.

Scouting overhaul.

Draft more 75+ overall players.

The difference between star players and average players needs to be more dramatic. This would also help player development.

Hire coaches that do lines and team strategy. Make it purely GM.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 03:37 AM
  #122
Winger14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Three buttons need to be added.

1) A "Let it go/Mario Lemeiux" button - I'm sick and tired of trying to throw a long pass from a D to a winger and having my other D go "I'VE GOT IT" and end up just deflecting it or stopping it dead. They have that button in FIFA, I think, and it could even just be a quick tap of L1 or something to say "Leave it, this pass is for the guy behind you."

2) Not a specific button, but icon passing/selecting people. I'm also very tired of trying in vain to switch to a specific player in the defensive zone or thinking I'm going to switch to Player A but instead I get Player B and end up skating in the wrong direction. This is in effectively every sports game ever, why not NHL?

3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.

Winger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:47 AM
  #123
ToppsSmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
In the "Live the life mode" I wish I could start in a European league, not just the CHL. Also in this mode, the ability to hold out on a contract, or decide to play a year in Finland or German. I just think it would add something to the game for those European NHL players.

ToppsSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:37 AM
  #124
Benjamin
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 27,616
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger14 View Post
3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.
Left trigger.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
  #125
SlapshotTheMovie
Registered User
 
SlapshotTheMovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
This draft stuff is killing me. You will NEVER get a decent player out side the 3rd round. I got a 2.5 Green star Grinder that actually got up to 84 over all in the 3rd round once. So many TOP stars are late round darft picks. I am not saying their needs to be a ton but like 1-2 each year that take a few years to develop would be good.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.