HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trades

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2005, 10:24 AM
  #1
goleafsgo
Registered User
 
goleafsgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In front of TV
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to goleafsgo
Trades

On this thread you can post trades you would like to see happen. Try to think of this as your the GM for the team, not on NHL 2003, NHL 2004, etc.

goleafsgo is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
  #2
Falon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Tellqvist/Bell

for

Ahonen

Falon is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 12:49 PM
  #3
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,710
vCash: 500
McCabe for Nick Schultz

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 12:52 PM
  #4
Twist and Shout
Registered User
 
Twist and Shout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,278
vCash: 500
Bryan McCabe and Darcy Tucker for Dmitri Kalinin and Taylor Pyatt

Twist and Shout is online now  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:12 PM
  #5
BlackBirRd5
Registered User
 
BlackBirRd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Bryan McCabe and Darcy Tucker for Dmitri Kalinin and Taylor Pyatt
I wouldn't do that one IMO - a first pairing,20+ minutes, strong +/- physical guy in McCabe for an albeit talented but unproven Kalinin who we already have enough of a copy of in Kaberle. I like Kalinin's skills but I don't see replacing McCabe's workload capacity with a player like this. Kalinin's not a top two guy YETand that's the spot you'd be vacating

Further, why move a former and potentially again 20 goal scorer in Tucker who brings a boatload of intangibles to the team for Pyatt who has yet to find a permanent niche on a team and produces less offense and doesn't bring the physical, agitative game that Darcy does? (I'm a massive Tucker fan and he's untouchable for me on the Leafs admittedly -so bias given) - add to it the fact it's a division rival...

I understand by way of other threads that the Islanders may be of great necessity looking to add d-men, and accordingly offer this trade:

Aki Berg for Justin Papineau and NYI 3rd round pick next year

(although Papineau is a center and we are more in need of wing-prospects, particularly left side, I have always liked Papineau and he has good speed)

just my fodder..

BlackBirRd5 is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
  #6
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Bryan McCabe and Darcy Tucker for Dmitri Kalinin and Taylor Pyatt
No.

Volcanologist is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
  #7
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven25

I understand by way of other threads that the Islanders may be of great necessity looking to add d-men, and accordingly offer this trade:

Aki Berg for Justin Papineau and NYI 3rd round pick next year

(although Papineau is a center and we are more in need of wing-prospects, particularly left side, I have always liked Papineau and he has good speed)

just my fodder..
As an Islander fan, I'd defintely move Papineau and another prospect (like Mapletoft) for Berg. But, then again, I always thought Berg was underrated, and I can't stand Papineau.

Truthfully, I think this deal favors the Isles. Papineau, to me, looks like a career AHL'er. Lots of talent, but no grit.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
  #8
BuppY
Registered User
 
BuppY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Maxim Afinaganov for Nik Antropov

BuppY is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:44 PM
  #9
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falon
Tellqvist/Bell

for

Ahonen
Tellqvist had a better year last season.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:45 PM
  #10
Augustus
Registered User
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
No.

I second the negative motion. No!

Augustus is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:47 PM
  #11
Augustus
Registered User
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
Maxim Afinaganov for Nik Antropov
Interesting.

An underachiever for a bigger underachiever. What's the point?

Augustus is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:50 PM
  #12
joepeps
Registered User
 
joepeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
Interesting.

An underachiever for a bigger underachiever. What's the point?

It's like a mirror image..

old differnces.. Max is more speed and stick while Nik is more tall and strong...

joepeps is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:50 PM
  #13
joepeps
Registered User
 
joepeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
Interesting.

An underachiever for a bigger underachiever. What's the point?

It's like a mirror image..

same differnces.. Max is more speed and stick while Nik is more tall and strong...

joepeps is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
  #14
Aki Berg
Registered User
 
Aki Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aki-ville
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven25
I wouldn't do that one IMO - a first pairing,20+ minutes, strong +/- physical guy in McCabe for an albeit talented but unproven Kalinin who we already have enough of a copy of in Kaberle. I like Kalinin's skills but I don't see replacing McCabe's workload capacity with a player like this. Kalinin's not a top two guy YETand that's the spot you'd be vacating

Further, why move a former and potentially again 20 goal scorer in Tucker who brings a boatload of intangibles to the team for Pyatt who has yet to find a permanent niche on a team and produces less offense and doesn't bring the physical, agitative game that Darcy does? (I'm a massive Tucker fan and he's untouchable for me on the Leafs admittedly -so bias given) - add to it the fact it's a division rival...

I understand by way of other threads that the Islanders may be of great necessity looking to add d-men, and accordingly offer this trade:

Aki Berg for Justin Papineau and NYI 3rd round pick next year

(although Papineau is a center and we are more in need of wing-prospects, particularly left side, I have always liked Papineau and he has good speed)

just my fodder..
Denied.

Aki Berg is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 02:07 PM
  #15
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 36,138
vCash: 500
i dont see any trades, just free agent moves

ok, well here's one:

wilm for 4th rounder

p.l.f. is online now  
Old
07-12-2005, 02:24 PM
  #16
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 61,067
vCash: 500
Wade Belak for Future Considerations to anyone ..

Mess is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
  #17
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Wade Belak for Future Considerations to anyone ..
I need someone to dig holes for a few fence posts.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
  #18
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
I need someone to dig holes for a few fence posts.
And then Wade can stand in the hole?

Volcanologist is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
  #19
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
And then Wade can stand in the hole?
I know Quinn has failed, but I think I could train him to get out of the hole and dig another one. I do have all summer.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
  #20
Kill 'Em All
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
toronto: Joe Thornton
boston: Sundin

toronto: Bouwmeester
florida: McCabe or Kaberle

Kill 'Em All is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
  #21
think-blue-
Registered User
 
think-blue-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill 'Em All
toronto: Joe Thornton
boston: Sundin

toronto: Bouwmeester
florida: McCabe or Kaberle
I wish!

think-blue- is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:25 PM
  #22
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
I would definitely expect some trade action from the Leafs.

Volcanologist is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
  #23
Kill 'Em All
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by think/blue
I wish!
well, when you think about it...

boston has the cap space to pay sundin, and there's talk Thornton really wants out of bean town.

as for the trade with florida, if they want to make a playoff push, one of mccabe/kabs, and a couple of UFA's could really 'em going. plus they do have that luongo guy.




PS: imo, i don't see JFJ having the ball$ to pull off these kinds of trades. unless, of course, he's told by the hire-ups to re-build this team.

Kill 'Em All is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:28 PM
  #24
Mat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Magnetomountaineer
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
Interesting.

An underachiever for a bigger underachiever. What's the point?
mix things up. maybe afinogenov will have a breakthru season?


i like max better than nik anyway

Mat is offline  
Old
07-12-2005, 07:29 PM
  #25
Mat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Magnetomountaineer
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill 'Em All
well, when you think about it...

boston has the cap space to pay sundin, and there's talk Thornton really wants out of bean town.

as for the trade with florida, if they want to make a playoff push, one of mccabe/kabs, and a couple of UFA's could really 'em going. plus they do have that luongo guy.

PS: imo, i don't see JFJ having the ball$ to pull off these kinds of trades. unless, of course, he's told by the hire-ups to re-build this team.
a) toronto will NEVER trade sundin
b) why would florida trade boumiester for eithe of mccabe or ESPECIALLY kaberle? Jay is better than both of them AND younger!

Mat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.