Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2013, 01:30 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Disregard them? The only thing Etem fanboys ever point to is how great his playoffs were (when he was scoring 1 in every 4 shots, because that's not unsustainable at all).

Etem is becoming by far the most overrated player on these boards
This. This right here

Old
10-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Exit Dose

Etem is an asset on special teams, and he can be relied on to play well defensively in a bottom six role. What has Holland proven at this level? AHL stats don't figure into whether you deserve to be in the NHL.

Etem did more with his auditions than Holland did. That is why he has a better chance of being here all season long. He brings something to the table other than what he might potentially be.

Old
10-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Etem is an asset on special teams, and he can be relied on to play well defensively in a bottom six role. What has Holland proven at this level? AHL stats don't figure into whether you deserve to be in the NHL.

Etem did more with his auditions than Holland did. That is why he has a better chance of being here all season long. He brings something to the table other than what he might potentially be.
This. This right here

Old
10-08-2013, 01:54 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Quote:
Disregard them? The only thing Etem fanboys ever point to is how great his playoffs were (when he was scoring 1 in every 4 shots, because that's not unsustainable at all).

Etem is becoming by far the most overrated player on these boards
I'll point to the fact he can contribute and be a factor in the game without even scoring, look at this team, it needs his speed, tenacity, and forechecking ability

Old
10-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
This. This right here
This. This right here x2

Old
10-08-2013, 07:24 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Why would we bother sending Lindholm down to AHL if he plays 18-20 mins a night here, and is involved both on PP and PK. And he doesn't look out of place at all. What would he get with Norfolk? Perhaps 25 minutes a game and the risk of some crappy AHL goon giving him another concussion.

Old
10-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Bodacious Wits
Castleton Snob

vCash: 50
Yeah, if he's going to get another concussion it ought to be in the best league in the world. Now that's a concussion.

Once Souray and Sbisa return, if you want Lindholm to stay, we have to make a trade or waive somebody. And we'd have to demote Vatanen, or else carry two healthy scratches on D.

1.Souray
2.Beauchemin
3.Allen
4.Sbisa
5.Fowler
6.Lovejoy
7.Fistric
8.Vatanen

Lindholm?

Old
10-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Why would we bother sending Lindholm down to AHL if he plays 18-20 mins a night here, and is involved both on PP and PK. And he doesn't look out of place at all. What would he get with Norfolk? Perhaps 25 minutes a game and the risk of some crappy AHL goon giving him another concussion.
I asked myself and the board a few seasons ago if Fowler could handle 18-20 minutes a night right out the gate consistently. So my question again is can Lindholm take on 18-20 minutes a night consistently without faltering? To much time commited to a rookie? Not everyone is Cam Fowler

Old
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
This. This right here
I don't even care about the point production, I saw more out of Etem in the playoffs then I did from any other forward.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I asked myself and the board a few seasons ago if Fowler could handle 18-20 minutes a night right out the gate consistently. So my question again is can Lindholm take on 18-20 minutes a night consistently without faltering? To much time commited to a rookie? Not everyone is Cam Fowler
I dont think it matters to the overall success of the regular season team if its lindholm in or sbisa.

Does that hold true for the playoffs? Do you want to face chicago or LA or Vancuver with lindholm and vatanen out there?

Id like lindholm to make himself a spot on the nhl roster, just to give the team resources for a trade.

But then, i have no idea who you trade. You cant hold onto vatanen, lindholm, fowler, beauchemin.... Sourray isnt leaving. Allen just had a great game. Lovejoy is cheap.

The more i think about it, the more i realize that lindholm is going down, regardless of his play. And i dont know who you plan on getting that is a huge upgrade over sbisa, lovejoy, sourray... etc. Without sending vatanen down.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
But then, i have no idea who you trade. You cant hold onto vatanen, lindholm, fowler, beauchemin.... Sourray isnt leaving. Allen just had a great game. Lovejoy is cheap.
That would be seven guys, which is a fine number. The guy you left out would be an option for a trade, for sure - if Lindholm really was forcing himself onto the roster full-time.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:44 AM
mightyquack
Everybody panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
I don't even care about the point production, I saw more out of Etem in the playoffs then I did from any other forward.
Getzlaf on one leg was superior

Old
10-08-2013, 09:01 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Getzlaf on one leg was superior
Sorry, should have been more specific.

Etem was superior to any of the other forwards people would have him sit out for. Beleskey and Maroon for example.

Old
10-08-2013, 10:07 AM
JoeLassister

How long before we see Etem play ?

Old
10-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLassister View Post
How long before we see Etem play ?
I think that not so long ago he tweeted that he was skating and felt good about finally doing so. My guess is he`ll be ready vs Rangers or Sens at the latest. But that is only my guess and it`s worth pretty much nothing since i`m no insider

Old
10-08-2013, 11:42 AM
mighty all the way

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I think that not so long ago he tweeted that he was skating and felt good about finally doing so. My guess is he`ll be ready vs Rangers or Sens at the latest. But that is only my guess and it`s worth pretty much nothing since i`m no insider
Yeah, you don't have a paywall so you can't be an insider.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:03 PM
xxreact9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Yeah, if he's going to get another concussion it ought to be in the best league in the world. Now that's a concussion.

Once Souray and Sbisa return, if you want Lindholm to stay, we have to make a trade or waive somebody. And we'd have to demote Vatanen, or else carry two healthy scratches on D.

1.Souray
2.Beauchemin
3.Allen
4.Sbisa
5.Fowler
6.Lovejoy
7.Fistric
8.Vatanen

Lindholm?
I think vatanen is a shoe-in for the AHL, and soon. He's hardly created any offensive chances, and that's the reason he's in the NHL right now. He's getting abused down low and piling up rookie mistakes. He does not belong.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:06 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn skippy View Post
yeah, if he's going to get another concussion it ought to be in the best league in the world. Now that's a concussion.

Once souray and sbisa return, if you want lindholm to stay, we have to make a trade or waive somebody. And we'd have to demote vatanen, or else carry two healthy scratches on d.

1.souray
2.beauchemin
3.allen
4.sbisa
5.fowler
6.lovejoy
7.fistric
8.vatanen

lindholm?
AHL. Unless we move Sbisa, who'd likely be moving for another good defenseman anyways.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Ducks Nation*

Vatanen is gonna be pissed if we send him back down lol

Old
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Vatanen will not be sent down. Murray said this offseason that he wanted to create a spot for him, and he has played well. Until he struggles, they won't consider sending him down. Lovejoy can be a scratch when Sbisa gets back

Beauch-Lindholm
Sbisa-Fowler
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric
Lovejoy

Or if Lindholm isn't ready:

Fowler-Beauch
Sbisa-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen

I like the first option better because Sbisa-Lovejoy would be a disaster IMO. Either way, Vatanen and Allen are going to be the 3rd pairing the whole season it looks like, and rightfully so. They have earned it with their play/chemistry together so far.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM
mightyquack
Everybody panic

Lovejoy's play hardly deserves being demoted to the #8 dman for me, I find it hard to believe that Lindholm would be ahead of Lovejoy on the defensive depth chart this season.

I'd say Lovejoy is pretty much a shoe in to be a regular this year (rightfully IMO) unless he heavily regresses in the next few weeks and/or is traded (unlikely given we just gave him a 3 year extension last season)

Old
10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
mightyquack
Everybody panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Sorry, should have been more specific.

Etem was superior to any of the other forwards people would have him sit out for. Beleskey and Maroon for example.
I'd agree with that, though Beleskey didn't have a bad playoffs at all.

Personally I don't see him as a huge loss in the bottom 6 right now nor do I think he'd instantly fix our PK problems. Rather have him play big minutes in the AHL to refine his offensive game some more and be an injury call up player and have him as a roster player in 14/15 after Teemu has retired.

Old
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Either way, Vatanen and Allen are going to be the 3rd pairing the whole season it looks like, and rightfully so. They have earned it with their play/chemistry together so far.
I could say the same thing about Fowler and Lovejoy. They were good together last season, and they are still playing well together.

Old
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Ducks Nation*

Lovejoy will not be benched we just resigned him and he has been playing decently.

Old
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

So you guys really believe Lovejoy is a top 4 D in the long run this season? That's basically what you're saying if you keep him with Fowler. I can't agree with that. He's a 6/7 decent skater, decent defensively, struggles at masking smart passing decisions when moving the puck out of the zone and often resorts to either icing it or just flipping it up the boards and back to the other team.

Closed Thread