HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Way around the no re-signing bought out players

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
We have to get a copy of the new CBA before we can do that.
Apparently that will occur after a successful ratification or roughly next tues-thurs if all goes well ..

I tried to give Fergy Jr a call to confirm it .. but he can't come to the phone as he is apparently on the phone with Joe Thornton's agent on the other line and has about 20 other agents on hold presently trying to offer the services of their players ..

Old
07-13-2005, 12:07 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
A lot of people are reporting that UFA will come at age 27 or after 7 years NHL experience- whichever comes first.

Russ Conway was talking about it on Leafs Lunch and Bill Watters and Mark Osborne both agreed on the issue.
Thanks for the confirmation - I had not heard the "or 7 years NHL experience" change to group III FAs reported (although I just visited the Business Board and Healy appears to be the source over there - IMO not the best source).

Old
07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
We have to get a copy of the new CBA before we can do that.
Give this man a cigar, best comment on the subject so far.

TSN has modified their page, they are now reporting:

- Age eligibility for unrestricted free agency at age 31 in 2005, 29 in 2006, 28 in 2007. In 2008, it's 27 or seven years of NHL tenure.

Not quite a copy of the CBA, but it's close enough for me.

Last edited by habfan4: 07-13-2005 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Update on TSN
Old
07-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Give this man a cigar, best comment on the subject so far.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...79#post3066979

Old
07-13-2005, 12:13 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
So !!!

The Revenue sharing as rumoured so far is the top 10 Revenue producing teams will donate to the 10 lowest ..

Columbus and Calgary and Edmonton all fall into the bottom 10 and attendance figures are not the issue as much as what you can charge to watch the game in your market ..
Columbus' average ticket price is about average for the league and $5 more than Calgary's and Edmonton's. Along with the above average attendance that will put them well out of the bottom 10 revenue producers.

Old
07-13-2005, 12:16 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
The River in Africa

I just made up the 25 years old or seven years of service .. but I based that on the 1000's of people reporting it ..
Where exactly did I accuse you (or even make the inference that you) made it up? I asked a simple question.

As Ulf_55 pointed out - time will tell.

Old
07-13-2005, 12:33 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
so washington drafted ovechkin. a "tank" or a "rebuild"? or do we have to wait years to define what they did in 03-04?

there's no difference in "tanking" and "rebuilding". "tanking" is just a sinister term that people are enjoying saying these days.
I was making more of a joke by my last post, but... When you trade away, or sell most all of a teams top players you can call it a "TANK" right away. ...then they go into 'rebuild' mode.

Old
07-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Frankie

Quote:
ufa's at age 25. and if you believe the fans in this thread, toronto will be the #1 destination, by a country mile, for almost all ufa's.

why is amateur scouting and player development important to the leafs under those circumstances?
stole this from habs board..........

Anaheim's new GM (and former TSN panel analyst) stated that there would be a de-emphasis on amateur scouting and an emphasis on pro scouting. This was due to the fact that liberalized free-agency, combined with the GM's task to stay under the cap, would create alot of roster changes each year, especially during the summer. The even playing field, financially that the 30 teams face has allowed for this situation.

you heard it from frankie first!

Old
07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I don't remember the specific details, but there was serious concern and suspicions at the time that Ottawa intentionally tanked a few of their last games of the season to ensure they'd get first overall.

I'm pretty sure the league even investigated. The incident was the biggest reason why the NHL implemented the lottery.
The team may have wanted to (i.e., ownership) but these are professionals and it is against most of their nature to throw games. Now if the management decides to put in a rookie goalie, or sit your vets, thats another story. But I would guess the players on the ice were trying to win. If they are losing so some wonder kid can come save them, they probably would not have made the NHL in the first place.

Old
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:

Anaheim's new GM (and former TSN panel analyst) stated that there would be a de-emphasis on amateur scouting and an emphasis on pro scouting. This was due to the fact that liberalized free-agency, combined with the GM's task to stay under the cap, would create alot of roster changes each year, especially during the summer. The even playing field, financially that the 30 teams face has allowed for this situation.

Oh God. do you play hockey frankie? cause soon your head won't fit in your helment.

Old
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:

Old
07-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
Oh God. do you play hockey frankie? cause soon your head won't fit in your helment.
and rightly so!

Old
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
and rightly so!
off topic frankie, but what are your Fog Devils tickets going for? we're $403 to $543; how does that compare?

Old
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
off topic frankie, but what are your Fog Devils tickets going for? we're $403 to $543; how does that compare?
i'm paying $525.

Old
07-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
i'm paying $525.
mine are $473. didn't pay the extra $60 for the padded seat.

Closed Thread