HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weird Jersey Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
  #1
Nakon14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Weird Jersey Question

Hey, so this is a bit random and nit picky, but this has kinda been bothering me a bit.

So I got an authentic Crosby jersey during the half off sale at the arena, and its awesome, but there's one thing that's bothering me.The logo on the chest is placed significantly lower compared to my other jerseys/other jerseys I've seen. It aesthetically not the most pleasing and makes the jersey look like a chinese fake, even though its one from the arena.

Is there anywhere I could take the jersey to have the logo fixed? I've heard House O Hockey in Monroeville does stitching stuff, but would they do something like a total crest removal/replacement?

Nakon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
  #2
ZapRowsdower13
Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
 
ZapRowsdower13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
I'd even call down the arena to save yourself a possible trip unless you're going to the game tonight. Tell them about it and if you have the reciept they sould listen. Otherwise the house of hockey is an excellent idea to do something if the Pens Store won't. Good luck.

ZapRowsdower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
  #3
Nakon14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
That's not a horrible idea actually, I will be at the game tonight so I'll see what happens. You think they'd be picky if it didn't have the tags anymore (and I'm pretty sure I threw them out awhile ago, I didn't notice this until afterwards)

Nakon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
  #4
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
Is it one of those that they used to sell with the stitching "drawn" on?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
  #5
ZapRowsdower13
Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
 
ZapRowsdower13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
Main thing would be if you had the reciept or at least if you paid with a credit card that should work. But ya I'd definitely stop in and be like 'what in the world?!' Tags shouldnt matter, they can put that on if they needed too.

ZapRowsdower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
  #6
Nakon14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Is it one of those that they used to sell with the stitching "drawn" on?
Nope, its an authentic, so everything is stitched on. Thanks for the credit card tip serial, my roommate just did a quick check for the receipt and couldn't immediately find it so I'll probably have to go that route. This is all just a bit annoying since I paid the money (granted, half off) for an authentic and to have it look like this.

Nakon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
  #7
specialized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
If you have the receipt I would exchange it for another one

specialized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  #8
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakon14 View Post
Nope, its an authentic, so everything is stitched on. Thanks for the credit card tip serial, my roommate just did a quick check for the receipt and couldn't immediately find it so I'll probably have to go that route. This is all just a bit annoying since I paid the money (granted, half off) for an authentic and to have it look like this.
Cool, I hate seeing those sold as "official replicas". They look worse than the knockoffs at 2-3x the cost

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
  #9
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,225
vCash: 500
Do you have a pic of it?

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  #10
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good
 
Neeeeaaaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dormont, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakon14 View Post
Hey, so this is a bit random and nit picky, but this has kinda been bothering me a bit.

So I got an authentic Crosby jersey during the half off sale at the arena, and its awesome, but there's one thing that's bothering me.The logo on the chest is placed significantly lower compared to my other jerseys/other jerseys I've seen. It aesthetically not the most pleasing and makes the jersey look like a chinese fake, even though its one from the arena.

Is there anywhere I could take the jersey to have the logo fixed? I've heard House O Hockey in Monroeville does stitching stuff, but would they do something like a total crest removal/replacement?
As of my last check, House O Hockey is no longer in Monroeville. They still have the store in Aspinwall on Freeport Road, but the Monroeville location has moved to Murrysville. I haven't been there, but my friend told me it's somewhere near the Deck Hockey rink there.

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  #11
Nakon14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
So, I was actually able to make it over to Pensgear during lunch, and they were really accommodating in letting me check out/compare to other jerseys, and were willing to do the exchange even without the receipt. Unfortunately, they only had one other size 46, and, oddly enough; it had the same issue.

Here's a picture of what the difference is, on the left is a small Premier jersey and the right is the authentic. I tried to line it up with the bottom of the neck as well as I could.
http://imgur.com/1BDOqKj.jpg

Nakon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:13 PM
  #12
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,836
vCash: 500
Even the NHL logo web area is different and out of sort to a perfect triangle.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
  #13
Jacques G
Glassic
 
Jacques G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,056
vCash: 500
Wow... yeah, that is strange. Maybe they will get more in and hook you up? What did they say when you pointed out the differences? Those aren't even subtle, they are pretty significant.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:21 PM
  #14
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Hey everyone, I barely leave my board, but I enjoy jerseys, trading, collecting... What you have there is an Indo Edge. It is authentic, but they aren't Canadian-made anymore. They started this in the 2012 season; the green collar lining signifies that.See if you can search for an Edge made in Canada. Differences like this are noticed, as the Indo Edges are further from the real thing than the CDN Edges were.
I hope you resolve this issue and find a Canadian made Edge jersey.

Edit: Note that the 100% REAL authentic jerseys are only worn by the players.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:30 PM
  #15
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,376
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Hey everyone, I barely leave my board, but I enjoy jerseys, trading, collecting... What you have there is an Indo Edge. It is authentic, but they aren't Canadian-made anymore. They started this in the 2012 season; the green collar lining signifies that.See if you can search for an Edge made in Canada. Differences like this are noticed, as the Indo Edges are further from the real thing than the CDN Edges were.
I hope you resolve this issue and find a Canadian made Edge jersey.

Edit: Note that the 100% REAL authentic jerseys are only worn by the players.
So those garbage Indo-Edges are still being made??? Interesting.

Icejerseys appear to have "Made In Canada" authentics again. I wonder if they are good as how the Canadian made authentics used to be???

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/P...4966/?pstart=1

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
  #16
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So those garbage Indo-Edges are still being made??? Interesting.

Icejerseys appear to have "Made In Canada" authentics again. I wonder if they are good as how the Canadian made authentics used to be???

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/P...4966/?pstart=1
They should be... as far as I know (First Niagara Center has a ton of CDN Mades) They're being sold more again due to the discomfort with the Indo-Edges.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 05:06 PM
  #17
TheEdge27
Registered User
 
TheEdge27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Figured I would just use this thread instead of making a new topic.... was talking jerseys with my buddy and it made me remember this nightmare. Does anyone else remember these and were they ever officially worn?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pj.JPG‎ (4.1 KB, 67 views)

TheEdge27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
  #18
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge27 View Post
Figured I would just use this thread instead of making a new topic.... was talking jerseys with my buddy and it made me remember this nightmare. Does anyone else remember these and were they ever officially worn?
They were fan jerseys that were never actually worn by the team, thankfully.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  #19
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge27 View Post
Figured I would just use this thread instead of making a new topic.... was talking jerseys with my buddy and it made me remember this nightmare. Does anyone else remember these and were they ever officially worn?
Just brutal

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.