HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
  #526
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
What happened to the Leos yesterday. They were up 9pts, had just forced a turnover on downs, and looked to be putting the game away. I changed channels and next think I know Riders had won the game.
Strange, BC was moving the ball at will against the Riders all day that I saw. Also, I figured 25pts against the Riders was pretty much guaranteed win.

Feel sick actually that the Riders won. This gives the Stamps an easy path to the Grey Cup.

Or have the riders been paying possum the entire second half of the season.

Riders have geen beyond useless for months and Durant is awful. Not sure how they pulled this off. Can't remember when I've seen the riders offense playing well. I didn't yesterday either as I didn't watch the 4th quarter.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:04 PM
  #527
Gord
Go Esks!
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,433
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Enjoyed the semi-final games yesterday. This is my favourite time of the season, when games really count. Too bad our guys are done.
I watched NFL instead.
There are no teams remaining that I can cheer for or wanted to see, and I have no money on the games.

All I know is I hate the stamps and hate the riders.
so I guess I'm cheering for the east.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
  #528
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
All I know is I hate the stamps and hate the riders.
so I guess I'm cheering for the east.
Same here.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:37 PM
  #529
Kyle McMahon
Registered User
 
Kyle McMahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ghana Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
Pinning all my hopes on the Hammer. Don't like any other remaining teams. I'd actually rather see the Hivriders win than Cornish or the Argos to be honest.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:47 PM
  #530
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
I have no problems cheering for Ray. I hope he wins a lot more Grey Cups. Go Argos.

Fully agree on hating the riders and stamps though.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:56 PM
  #531
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I have no problems cheering for Ray. I hope he wins a lot more Grey Cups. Go Argos.

Fully agree on hating the riders and stamps though.
Hope Ray gets beat by Hamilton next weekend and throws 3 interceptions and has 2 fumbles, and gets sacked 10 times.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:58 PM
  #532
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Hope Ray gets beat by Hamilton next weekend and throws 3 interceptions and has 2 fumbles, and gets sacked 10 times.
Ok. No big surprise there.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:49 PM
  #533
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Ok. No big surprise there.
No, not at all.

Rather have Mike Reilly here as a QB anytime rather than what Ray brought his last several seasons here.

Reilly has shown me more fight in one year than I think I saw from Ray in his last half a dozen seasons here.

good riddance.

Won't even bother watching the Grey cup if RR is in it.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:59 PM
  #534
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
No, not at all.

Rather have Mike Reilly here as a QB anytime rather than what Ray brought his last several seasons here.

Reilly has shown me more fight in one year than I think I saw from Ray in his last half a dozen seasons here.

good riddance.

Won't even bother watching the Grey cup if RR is in it.
Cool. I am glad Reilly played well. The Eskies need him to for them to go anywhere.

But I am a Ray fan. Always have been, always will be. I won't watch the final if he's not in it. I don't care about Hamilton, Sask or Calgary. Trading him was a huge mistake.

We'll never agree on this.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:21 PM
  #535
Six in O6
Registered User
 
Six in O6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Cool. I am glad Reilly played well. The Eskies need him to for them to go anywhere.

But I am a Ray fan. Always have been, always will be. I won't watch the final if he's not in it. I don't care about Hamilton, Sask or Calgary. Trading him was a huge mistake.

We'll never agree on this.
I'm in the same boat with your sentiments on Ray. I went to the last 3 Grey Cups, but the last one was pretty special since he was in it.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:36 PM
  #536
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Cool. I am glad Reilly played well. The Eskies need him to for them to go anywhere.

But I am a Ray fan. Always have been, always will be. I won't watch the final if he's not in it. I don't care about Hamilton, Sask or Calgary. Trading him was a huge mistake.

We'll never agree on this.
I'm stubborn, pigheaded, and ornery. Who knew.

Maybe when Rays flag is raised at Commonwealth when he's retired I'll like him by then. I'm not banking on it..

Strangely enough I was a Ray fan as well. But at some point I went the other way. I remember an Ottawa game where Ottawa trotted in a brutal club and almost won the game. Or games against Calgary where Ray just never got going. Through the years he started to grate on me. It happens. Part of being a fan is we have selective preferences.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  #537
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Hamilton is my second favourite team and I like Ray, so I'm torn on the eastern final. I think I'll be cheering for Toronto, but whoever comes out of the east gets my support.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:12 AM
  #538
Q Continuum
You are Wrong
 
Q Continuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 691
I used to be a ray fan. Then he started sucking. Winning the grey cup the one year was all Jason Maas saving his ass.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #539
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
What happened to the Leos yesterday. They were up 9pts, had just forced a turnover on downs, and looked to be putting the game away. I changed channels and next think I know Riders had won the game.
Strange, BC was moving the ball at will against the Riders all day that I saw. Also, I figured 25pts against the Riders was pretty much guaranteed win.

Feel sick actually that the Riders won. This gives the Stamps an easy path to the Grey Cup.

Or have the riders been paying possum the entire second half of the season.

Riders have geen beyond useless for months and Durant is awful. Not sure how they pulled this off. Can't remember when I've seen the riders offense playing well. I didn't yesterday either as I didn't watch the 4th quarter.
Durant had a pretty nice game against B.C. actually. He led the offensive comeback, which you missed when you changed channels.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
  #540
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
If not for a lot of injuries, I think the Stamps crush the Riders. They're beaten up so now I don't know. I'll say the Stamps win by a FG to send the Rider horde home crying into their Pilsner.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 12:21 PM
  #541
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
After a long break Ray walks down the field on the Argos 1st possession. 6 for 6 all plays through the air. Every pass perfectly placed and easily catchable for his receivers. Hell of a QB.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:04 PM
  #542
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg
 
Ser Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Wonder how Replacement is enjoying RR's performance thus far. Amazing, incredible QB.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
  #543
Hockey Nightmare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
Isn't Tillman employed by Hamilton right now? It'd be quite fitting if they choked this one up. Unfortunately we're the ones who got screwed the most.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
  #544
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
I'm taking Toronto and Calgary for a Grey Cup rematch.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
  #545
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare View Post
Isn't Tillman employed by Hamilton right now? It'd be quite fitting if they choked this one up. Unfortunately we're the ones who got screwed the most.
Yes, Tillman is a consultant for Hamilton.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 02:04 PM
  #546
Hockey Nightmare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
All tied up! Go cats.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
  #547
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell
 
Del Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 147
It sounds like the 2010 World Cup in there.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  #548
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,182
vCash: 5496
Zero pts for RR and the Argos in the second half.


I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  #549
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
After a long break Ray walks down the field on the Argos 1st possession. 6 for 6 all plays through the air. Every pass perfectly placed and easily catchable for his receivers. Hell of a QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Wonder how Replacement is enjoying RR's performance thus far. Amazing, incredible QB.
Oh timing posts. Royal Ricky Ray anointed at the 20min mark of a football game.

c'mon.


What is Replacement thinking right now? That RR folded like a cheap tent once again at the first sign of heat and wasn't the same ever again in this game once he saw pressure.

RR choked once again in a 2nd half putting up zero pts in the 2nd half and being DOMINATED by whats not even that great a D. This is RR, in a weak division, where argos are first place pretty much by default folding once again in a big game.

lol at the broadcast with one minute left saying RR has been in this situation time and again and he's calm, cool, great, fabulous, blah blah blah. At that exact moment I'm thinking RR will ***** the bed once again in a crucial moment with everything on the line. Sure enough Ray tosses up 3 consecutive lame ass passes in a row for 3 incompletions and turnover on downs.

I didn't think for a moment this game was over even when it was 24-10 because I know perfectly well how hot and cold Ricky Ray is and once his game falls apart its over.

Thats what Replacement thinks.

Cry Ricky Cry. Oh wait, that would require caring enough.

Gotta big laugh at Chad Owens as well going "what do you mean you're not calling that a PI, we're the Argos, this is the CFL, what the hell..."

Salut the Hamilton Ticats going to the Grey Cup!


Last edited by Replacement: 11-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  #550
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
It sounds like the 2010 World Cup in there.
lol that probably 30K of the fans are Ticats fans. The 15K or so Argos fans were drowned out all day. Toronto doesn't deserve any success. Worst fan support in the CFL chronically.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.