HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Old
11-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
Too bad Argos didn't win. Would have loved to see Ricky shove it to all the people who wanted him gone.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Too bad Argos didn't win. Would have loved to see Ricky shove it to all the people who wanted him gone.
he did that last year. get over it already.

go Hamilton!!!

down with the riders!

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Six in O6

Three years in a row the host team has made the Grey Cup. Last two years, the host has won. This should be interesting. I would say the Riders are definitely the favorites with the crowd support and experience in this weather.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Citrus Fruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
Three years in a row the host team has made the Grey Cup. Last two years, the host has won. This should be interesting. I would say the Riders are definitely the favorites with the crowd support and experience in this weather.
It's a conspiracy. TSN+Cohon.

Citrus Fruits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Good god no.

Gregor mentioning Jeff Tedford as a possible HC candidate here.

He was known as a "QB guru" when he produced Aaron Rodgers at Cal....funny how all the other QBs that followed Aaron at California were garbage.

Do not want.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Good god no.

He was known as a "QB guru" when he produced Aaron Rodgers at Cal....funny how all the other QBs that followed Aaron at California were garbage.

Do not want.
I know Denard Robinson was one.......and he was the furtherest thing from a QB I've seen in a while.

Who else is there?

11-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Good god no.

Do not want.
Tedford would be a great candidate, as would Danny Langsdorf from Oregon State. The ones that followed were not good pros but were tutored pretty well at the college level.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I know Denard Robinson was one.......and he was the furtherest thing from a QB I've seen in a while.

Who else is there?
Denard Robinson was from Michigan I believe not Cal. I think he is talking about Kyle Boller and Nate Longshore.

Old
11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Denard Robinson was from Michigan I believe not Cal. I think he is talking about Kyle Boller and Nate Longshore.

Yeah your right. My mistake.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
So people Cheering for Hamilton?

PETRYDISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToddy View Post
Fell flat on his face?? Brutally choked??

The Ticats had the ball for 22+ minutes in the 2nd half despite not getting any turnovers

Basically their strategy was to employ long drives and keep the ball out of the best player on the fields hand, which they managed to do exceptionally

Next year should Ray take some snaps on D and try and force a fumble?
Weird comment. Ray was QB of a vastly superior team that is better than Hamilton at nearly every position. Argos have the benefit of a coaching staff that is far and away the best in the league.Indeed Ray is supposed to be better than Burris as well.

Ray got his mitts on the ball several times during the argos long pointless stretch. He did nothing with it. Suddenly a guy that was 17/19 in completions only completed 5 more passes in his last 13throws.
Clearly he went from red hot to stone cold. As I suggested due to pressure and the Ticats making adjustments and playing tighter coverage. The ticats coverage in the first half was abysmal.

Heres some Ray quotes on what happened;

Quote:
"They made some good adjustments, started bringing a little more pressure, just got me out of my rhythm,'' Ray said on Hamilton's second half. "I just didn't play well enough in the second half. They did a great job, well deserving.''

Ray shouldered the blame for the Argos' fruitless final drive.

"Got off to a good start there, a completion, getting some good field position, and I just didn't make the throws,'' he said. "We had some chances there to make some plays and keep the drive going and have a chance to win, and just wasn't able to do it tonight.''
"Just wasn't able to do it tonight" lol. Its that kind of oh well, I didn't get it done attitude and just being fine with it that turns off so many fans. I wonder how long before the RR view gets jaded in Toronto as well. Although he has better chances in the east because the opposition is very ordinary. Hamilton being the only credible opponent in the East this year.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post

go Hamilton!!!

down with the riders!
Nope not a chance I'll get over it.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post

go Hamilton!!!

down with the riders!
I don't really dislike either side. Found it quite odd how many Edmontonians were cheering for Calgary yesterday. I can just never reconcile that. Calgary clubs are historically always number 1 enemy although people seem to have picked up a particular dislike for the Riders.

The way I look at it I applaud two teams in small markets that have pretty incredible and devoted fan bases. Thats the stuff of the CFL imo.

Also the Riders pounding the ball upfield all day was very old school and a style of play I can really relate to. Smash mouth football, doesn't get any better.

Riders were playing possum. I wondered if they were through their long coldspell. With how they've risen to occasion in two playoff games they sure put it into an extra gear. They flat out destroyed the battle of the trenches yesterday. The hoggies set the table. Thats going to be hard to beat.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
HockeyOrDie
Hockey Hockey Hockey

@SUNMitchell: Rick Campbell says he hasn't spoken with Esks GM Ed Hervey yet. He's open to having a convo, though.

HockeyOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
So people Cheering for Hamilton?
Oh yes. Absolutely! ABS, baby. Sunday it was ABC but now it's ABS. Hamilton has always been my second favourite team anyway.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:59 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

Who else is there?
Denard went to Michigan.

Tedford did a great coaching job in 2003/2004...with Rodgers.

Beat national champion USC once and almost beat them again (Leinart Bush team) in 2004 in Los Angeles.

After that he got elite high school QBs and did nothing with them before getting canned last year.

Tedford was OC at Oregon that produced Joey Harrington and Akili Smith....2 of the biggest busts ever.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
OilerFan4Life

Let's dissect Tedford's QBs post Rodgers.

2004: Nate Longshore...17th ranked QB in the country...horrendous at the college level.

2005: Kyle Reed...6th ranked QB in the country...did nothing rest of his career.

2005: Joe Ayoob...5-star blue chip QB prospect....did nothing.

2006: Kevin Riley...18th ranked QB in the country...had them ranked 2nd in the country in 2007 before losing 7 in a row.

2007: Brock Mansion...28th ranked QB in the country....did nothing.

2009: Allan Bridgeford...29th ranked QB in the country....did nothing.

2011: Zach Kline....4th ranked QB in the country....did nothing.

He ran the program into the ground.

The Pac-12 (formerly Pac Ten) had USC and that's it before Oregon started to reemerge in 2007...Tedford consistently had the 2nd best recruiting class behind USC in the Pac and failed to finish higher than 3rd in the conference after 2004.

This is a coach who had Marshawn Lynch, Shane Vereen, Jahvid Best, DeSean Jackson, Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen, Tyson Alualu, Cameron Jordan, Brandon Mebane, Alex Mack, Thomas Decoud and won nothing.

Old
11-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Kyle McMahon

If the Eskimos are bringing in somebody from the NCAA, Tedford is probably as big of a name as they're realistically going to entice. Any "up and comer" is aiming for a job at a major program or the NFL, so it would unfortunately have to be a guy like Tedford who's stock is low right now. Derek Dooley would be another guy that fits in that category.

Hervey is a California guy, so not suprising he's looking close to home for the next coach. Maybe he'll bring in the recently fired man from his alma mater.

Actually I joke about it, but there's no way Kiffin gets another high profile job right away. He might have to come to the CFL if he wants to remain a head coach at a team people have heard of.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Denard went to Michigan.

Tedford did a great coaching job in 2003/2004...with Rodgers.

Beat national champion USC once and almost beat them again (Leinart Bush team) in 2004 in Los Angeles.

After that he got elite high school QBs and did nothing with them before getting canned last year.

Tedford was OC at Oregon that produced Joey Harrington and Akili Smith....2 of the biggest busts ever.
They were busts in the NFL. The fact he got them into the position of being drafted high is a plus not a minus.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Beerfish

Quote:

2004: Nate Longshore...17th ranked QB in the country...horrendous at the college level.

2005: Kyle Reed...6th ranked QB in the country...did nothing rest of his career.

2006: Kevin Riley...18th ranked QB in the country...had them ranked 2nd in the country in 2007 before losing 7 in a row.

The Pac-12 (formerly Pac Ten) had USC and that's it before Oregon started to reemerge in 2007...Tedford consistently had the 2nd best recruiting class behind USC in the Pac and failed to finish higher than 3rd in the conference after 2004.

This is a coach who had Marshawn Lynch, Shane Vereen, Jahvid Best, DeSean Jackson, Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen, Tyson Alualu, Cameron Jordan, Brandon Mebane, Alex Mack, Thomas Decoud and won nothing.
What nonsense. Please pick out all the top rated QB's coming into college from all the other colleges in the states and see where they went.

The guy has a good offensive history, played in and knows the CFL, probably still has good connections down south. Take a look at the two CFL coaches in the cup right now and look at their resumes (Austin and Chamberlin) I'm sure their resumes are stellar re QB's they develop as well.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
If the Eskimos are bringing in somebody from the NCAA, Tedford is probably as big of a name as they're realistically going to entice. Any "up and comer" is aiming for a job at a major program or the NFL, so it would unfortunately have to be a guy like Tedford who's stock is low right now. Derek Dooley would be another guy that fits in that category.

Hervey is a California guy, so not suprising he's looking close to home for the next coach. Maybe he'll bring in the recently fired man from his alma mater.

Actually I joke about it, but there's no way Kiffin gets another high profile job right away. He might have to come to the CFL if he wants to remain a head coach at a team people have heard of.
Lane Kiffin is nuts.

I still like Langsdorf as a college candidate.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Expatriate

I hate both the donkies and wheaties. Cheering for either is like asking: would I be rather kicked or punched in the groin.

Expatriate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:23 PM
OilerFan4Life

I gave facts.

this guy gave nothing.

Case rested.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:06 AM
HotToddy

Quote:

He took a one win Cal team and won 5 bowl games with them compiling an 82-57 record

He has significant CFL experience

That has to be deemed somewhat of an "A" candidate..no?

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:35 AM
HotToddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Lane Kiffin is nuts.

I still like Langsdorf as a college candidate.
Langsdorf you would think will be interviewed

What about June Jones or one of his coordinators? I believe they are all CFL guys

Also doesn't the Alabama OC have CFL ties?

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote