HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Old
11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Pretty lukewarm about the game. I figure Frank is going to show up instead of Hank and the Riders will clean them up.
So far so good.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Del Preston
1,000 Brown M&M's

If the Ti-Cats come back to win this, Durant's neighbour is going to get a ton of manure dumped on his front lawn.

Get Burris out of there.

Grant is a ****ing idiot.

Last edited by Del Preston: 11-24-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:08 PM
DrDrai

vCash: 500
Good night ti-cats lol

DrDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Ek het lief Woef
woof woof woof

vCash: 128
Just flipped to check the score... lol.

Nice to see the competitiveness of the CFL in a title game. Brutal.

Ek het lief Woef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Durant loses the ball twice fumbling it early in game both in own zone, on both players riders recover ball. Big plays. Not the least because the Riders biggest play was Sheets catching a fumbled ball that popped up falling magically in his hands and he scampers 50yds with it. Soon as you see something like that you figure fate is intervening. Thats the cruel nature of Grey Cups. Ticats needed some better bounce there to quiet the crowd and didn't get it.

That said Durant has been throwing the ball real well and the Riders have really been playing a whole lot of possum this regular season. One gets the feeling this club could've been 16-2 over the season without laying down for a number of games.

Plus you hide Simon in your package all year and then unwrap the big weapon when it counts.

Riders really came to play.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Kyle McMahon

Yep that Sask fumble that ended up gaining 50 yards was a key turning point even in the first quarter. 99 times out of 100 a significant gain would not occur there.

In the end Burris' inability to hit open receivers 10 yards away from him decided this game. I've never seen a less accurate QB from short range in my life. Figured maybe he could put it together for once, but who was I kidding. Despite it all, there was still a fighting chance with 10 minutes left and the ball at midfield. Then Hank guns one past an open receiver on 2nd and 3. Pretty much sums up his career. Good enough to get you to important games, not good enough to win any of them.

Kind of hoping Rider fans channel their inner Canuck fan and burn the city down now haha.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:02 PM
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
DCs have a history of making *terrible* head coaches in the CFL, i don't see why this case would be any different.... you'd think we would learn, DCs do NOT make good head coaches, with the obvious exception or two
Corey Chamblin disagrees.

chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

OK I gotta say it. Congrats to the Riders and Ridersnation.

Thats a friggen allstar club on the field winning it and with allstar coaching. Just a winning effort through and through putting this club together and that just wasn't going to be denied this time.

Durant with one of the better games I've ever seen out of him and a fantastic playoff performance.

Kory Sheets? What can you say? The most dominant playoffs I've ever seen from a player in the playoffs. It just doesn't get to be better performance than this. 200yds in a Grey Cup game? You kidding me? Who thought he could top what he did against the Stamps last week.

Eskimos fans, of all fans, should be able to appreciate smashmouth football and establishing a dominant running game. Heck until now we had those records.

Riders reestablishing something today that hasn't been seen since Lancaster-Reed.

People can dislike them but this is a fantastic football club.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Corey Chamblin disagrees.
Coaching God.

What does this guy do wrong?

Kent Austin was good this playoffs too and had some excellent adjustments in all 3 playoff games and got this young team to the Grey Cup. Again today he had the 2nd half adjustments but Kory Sheets, AKA Superman, had other ideas.

2nd and 19 deep in your own end and everything going wrong and Sheets valiantly gets 20 yds on a play a lot of backs wouldn't even have had much of a gainer. Sheets was everywhere today.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Six in O6

Third year in a row the home team makes the big show and wins it. Each of the last three years, Grey Cup has not even been close. This was an interesting one to say the least, good for the Riders. I'm just glad we can say the Esks beat them right before the playoffs...

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 11:18 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Coaching God.

What does this guy do wrong?

Kent Austin was good this playoffs too and had some excellent adjustments in all 3 playoff games and got this young team to the Grey Cup. Again today he had the 2nd half adjustments but Kory Sheets, AKA Superman, had other ideas.

2nd and 19 deep in your own end and everything going wrong and Sheets valiantly gets 20 yds on a play a lot of backs wouldn't even have had much of a gainer. Sheets was everywhere today.
yeah sheets is the best back in the league, and its not even close... nice thing for the riders is that he is way, way too small for the NFL, so they likely have him long term ... just a fantastic player who makes something out of nothing over and over

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Stoneman89

Could see this coming from the Calgary and B.C games. Riders lines on both sides of the ball absolutely dominated and had a huge impact on the outcome.
Durant got some lucky breaks and was fortunate to have that O-line blocking for him and Sheets carrying the rock, but he did play a controlled game, and for the most part was very accurate with his throws. I don't believe he threw up an INT during the entire 3 game playoff run. Anyhow, love him or hate him, he's a GC champ now, and is the starting QB of a team that has potential to win some more.

Nice to see Weldon Brown get a GC win. Always liked him when he was here and was sorry they didn't get him re-signed.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
OK I gotta say it. Congrats to the Riders and Ridersnation.

Thats a friggen allstar club on the field winning it and with allstar coaching. Just a winning effort through and through putting this club together and that just wasn't going to be denied this time.

Durant with one of the better games I've ever seen out of him and a fantastic playoff performance.

Kory Sheets? What can you say? The most dominant playoffs I've ever seen from a player in the playoffs. It just doesn't get to be better performance than this. 200yds in a Grey Cup game? You kidding me? Who thought he could top what he did against the Stamps last week.

Eskimos fans, of all fans, should be able to appreciate smashmouth football and establishing a dominant running game. Heck until now we had those records.

Riders reestablishing something today that hasn't been seen since Lancaster-Reed.

People can dislike them but this is a fantastic football club.
It's not surprising at all that the team most committed to the run this year won the Grey Cup. Running wins football games much more than passing does, always has and always will. Durant simply had to do his job, which was hand the ball off and not **** things up. He did fumble 3 times, but in the end it didn't matter.

Whoever the next coach of our team is better be taking notes and build a team based on the running game.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Could see this coming from the Calgary and B.C games. Riders lines on both sides of the ball absolutely dominated and had a huge impact on the outcome.
Durant got some lucky breaks and was fortunate to have that O-line blocking for him and Sheets carrying the rock, but he did play a controlled game, and for the most part was very accurate with his throws. I don't believe he threw up an INT during the entire 3 game playoff run. Anyhow, love him or hate him, he's a GC champ now, and is the starting QB of a team that has potential to win some more.

Nice to see Weldon Brown get a GC win. Always liked him when he was here and was sorry they didn't get him re-signed.
Yeah, in those games the hoggies were so dominant for the riders on both units that it made it look like the field was tilted. Particuarly in the Calgary game.

The only thing in me thinking Hamilton had a chance was the Riders horrendous Grey Cup record and the football gods seemingly having something to say. Soon as that hands of god fumbled ball landed squarely in Sheets mitts I knew where this GC was going..
I too think this Rider team, if maintained, could definitely be on a longterm roll. Just a dominate side.

As for Weldon Brown I think he did what some other players did and went to a club that was just being loaded to hunt. Its sad to say but there can be no doubt all the talent heads to Regina these days player or coach. Thats flagship now and where this franchise used to lie.

I don't harbor bad feelings about that. They deserve it in Sask.

Old
11-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
It's not surprising at all that the team most committed to the run this year won the Grey Cup. Running wins football games much more than passing does, always has and always will. Durant simply had to do his job, which was hand the ball off and not **** things up. He did fumble 3 times, but in the end it didn't matter.

Whoever the next coach of our team is better be taking notes and build a team based on the running game.
Riders are doing it the "Eskimos way"

Reed, Lancaster wasn't a whole lot different from Parker, Kwong, Bright.

This rider club with multiple backs that can get it done looking even more like taking a page from that legendary Esks squad.

Fitting really that the smartest org in the CFL could steal out game right out from under us and break records that seemed to be unbeatable.

Old
11-25-2013, 01:15 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
Third year in a row the home team makes the big show and wins it. Each of the last three years, Grey Cup has not even been close. This was an interesting one to say the least, good for the Riders. I'm just glad we can say the Esks beat them right before the playoffs...
not really....it was over at the half and as a neutral fan its was a snoozefest

good for the Riders....would any other city celebrate a Grey Cup win like the folks in Regina?

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 02:42 AM
#ualberta

Congrats Riders
you coulda predicted this from the start of the season but still good for them made a team to win and actually did it

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 09:26 AM
MeestaDeteta

As a Rider fan, these playoffs were a treat to watch. Great team wins, and Durant/Sheets were on another level.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 288
Al I have to say it that I felt I was watching an eskimo game. Hamilton was as putrid as the esks normally are.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:46 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Al I have to say it that I felt I was watching an eskimo game. Hamilton was as putrid as the esks normally are.
yeah, just a terrible game to watch as a neutral party really... i basically stopped watching after the 1st quarter... i watched the season finale of "boardwalk empire" over the 2nd half of the grey cup, to tell you how boring of a game it was

the better team won for sure... the east was just horrible this year, all three western playoff teams were better than any eastern team

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 11:52 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Tucker, Khari Jones, and Baron Miles all get rings as assistant coaches.

Khari was the QB coach...logically should be an OC candidate here right?

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Tucker, Khari Jones, and Baron Miles all get rings as assistant coaches.

Khari was the QB coach...logically should be an OC candidate here right?
He's going to Winnipeg, book it.

Old
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah, just a terrible game to watch as a neutral party really... i basically stopped watching after the 1st quarter... i watched the season finale of "boardwalk empire" over the 2nd half of the grey cup, to tell you how boring of a game it was

the better team won for sure... the east was just horrible this year, all three western playoff teams were better than any eastern team
If the WC had any semblance of anything but an offseason last year RR and the Argos wouldn't have won last year. Argos would've got destroyed in this game. Three Western Clubs would've beat the Argos or Ticats probably.

Old
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 288
Quote:
If the WC had any semblance of anything but an offseason last year RR and the Argos wouldn't have won last year. Argos would've got destroyed in this game. Three Western Clubs would've beat the Argos or Ticats probably.
can't let Ray and the argos go for even one day? lol

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Quote:
He's going to Winnipeg, book it.
Makes sense.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote