HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2014, 12:25 AM
  #826
Kyle McMahon
Registered User
 
Kyle McMahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Evil Empire
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Releasing Hill is surprising, to say the least. I thought with Munoz potentially gone, they had the bases covered with Hill, Sherritt and Rene Curran as the LB's (one of Curran or Sherritt would have had to move outside), and then draft and develop a couple Canadian linebackers. Hervey must have something up his sleeve in regards to some guy they're bringing in.
You'd hope so. Considering Ed brought practically nobody of consequence into camp last year, I'm not holding my breath. This season is Hervey's one mulligan as far as I'm concerned.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:02 AM
  #827
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,542
vCash: 2656
http://www.esks.com/article/esks-add...ive-line-coach

Jonathan Himebauch has joined the Eskimos coaching staff as the offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:37 AM
  #828
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 1991
Eskimos signed QB Pat White.

One of the best dual threat QBs in recent NCAA history....was a 2nd round pick in the NFL too IIRC.

Like this.,...

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:42 AM
  #829
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Eskimos signed QB Pat White.

One of the best dual threat QBs in recent NCAA history....was a 2nd round pick in the NFL too IIRC.

Like this.,...
I wonder where this leaves Crompton, Nichols and that other guy (sorry forgot his name)

White should make a good backup, because that's where I see him.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 04:08 PM
  #830
Jek McPorkins
Red Six
 
Jek McPorkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 11,512
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I wonder where this leaves Crompton, Nichols and that other guy (sorry forgot his name)

White should make a good backup, because that's where I see him.
Reilly? lol

If you've forgotten last season, congratulations. I'm trying but the therapy sessions aren't working.

Nice to find out that the cheapest non-knothole season ticket has been upped to $260 here. Calgary's is $219. Thanks for the value, Eskimos!

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
  #831
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Reilly? lol

If you've forgotten last season, congratulations. I'm trying but the therapy sessions aren't working.

Nice to find out that the cheapest non-knothole season ticket has been upped to $260 here. Calgary's is $219. Thanks for the value, Eskimos!
Not Reilly, the guys after him, remember the kids in camp. lol, No, I remember Mike Reilly, that guys awesome.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 04:35 PM
  #832
WoolyWhatsIt
Registered User
 
WoolyWhatsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I wonder where this leaves Crompton, Nichols and that other guy (sorry forgot his name)

White should make a good backup, because that's where I see him.
Jacory Harris

Interesting QB but keeps getting pushed down the depth chart

WoolyWhatsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
  #833
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyWhatsIt View Post
Jacory Harris

Interesting QB but keeps getting pushed down the depth chart
yeah, with nichols likely healthy now and white being signed, it will be interesting who makes the team as the 3rd string QB... lots of competition, thats for sure

McJadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
  #834
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Nice to find out that the cheapest non-knothole season ticket has been upped to $260 here. Calgary's is $219. Thanks for the value, Eskimos!
That works out to $26 a game- not exactly a gouge job if you really think about it.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:13 PM
  #835
McGhostbuster
Who ya gonna call?
 
McGhostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
That works out to $26 a game- not exactly a gouge job if you really think about it.
Considering the product the Eskies have delivered as compared to the Stamps, it's a rip off.

McGhostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:44 PM
  #836
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Considering the product the Eskies have delivered as compared to the Stamps, it's a rip off.
Considering the product the Oilers have delivered in recent years at way more than $26 a game, I think I've found the biggest rip-off of all.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:02 PM
  #837
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Considering the product the Oilers have delivered in recent years at way more than $26 a game, I think I've found the biggest rip-off of all.
Lets not forget the 26bucks gets you free transportation to and from the game, better beer prices, much better food options, more enjoyable evening and sitting outside on a summer day.

Win or lose you win. I've never not enjoyed at least some of the experience of a summer day or evening at Commonwealth.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:54 PM
  #838
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Considering the product the Eskies have delivered as compared to the Stamps, it's a rip off.
Do you think ticket prices should fluctuate with team competitiveness? If so, the Oilers should be giving them away. CFL football is the best deal around, in my opinion.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:35 AM
  #839
Jek McPorkins
Red Six
 
Jek McPorkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 11,512
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Lets not forget the 26bucks gets you free transportation to and from the game, better beer prices, much better food options, more enjoyable evening and sitting outside on a summer day.

Win or lose you win. I've never not enjoyed at least some of the experience of a summer day or evening at Commonwealth.
It helps if you don't look at the field.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 08:44 AM
  #840
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Lets not forget the 26bucks gets you free transportation to and from the game, better beer prices, much better food options, more enjoyable evening and sitting outside on a summer day.

Win or lose you win. I've never not enjoyed at least some of the experience of a summer day or evening at Commonwealth.
exactly. there is good value for the dollar.
I can get a whole season of the esks for the cost of one Oiler game. and I get a much better atmosphere and generally a much better time.

and you don't get ripped off like Katz gouges you.
for example, they still have water fountains at the stadium. you're not forced to purchase overpriced bottled water.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
  #841
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,542
vCash: 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Considering the product the Eskies have delivered as compared to the Stamps, it's a rip off.
People should know by now that the product has nothing to do with the prices. Until people stop showing up to the point where it hurts the team financially it just doesn't matter.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:49 AM
  #842
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
It helps if you don't look at the field.
haha, my gut instinct tells me when something really horrible is about to happens and I can avert my eyes for the scarier scenes.. They could have psycho shower scene strings playing in the background just so the crowd knows its coming..

"Oh play called in by Reed" cue the twilight zone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
exactly. there is good value for the dollar.
I can get a whole season of the esks for the cost of one Oiler game. and I get a much better atmosphere and generally a much better time.

and you don't get ripped off like Katz gouges you.
for example, they still have water fountains at the stadium. you're not forced to purchase overpriced bottled water.
Yeah. We seem to agree on so much. I notice as well when an org has jumped into the crass consumerism thing. Remove water taps? Yeah, they used to be there at Rexall. When the world has to sell still water in plastic leaching bottles and this is the only option available (you can't bring in your own water) you know that things have truly jumped the shark. If we accept this kind of thing as consumers we kind of end up deserving it.
Even farm animals are afforded the basic need of available water.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 02:11 PM
  #843
popo
Registered User
 
popo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Reilly? lol
Nice to find out that the cheapest non-knothole season ticket has been upped to $260 here. Calgary's is $219. Thanks for the value, Eskimos!
I'd argue that the Eskimos offer much better value in terms of amenities and stadium experience.
Stamperders' cheapeast tickets would involve squeezing onto a cold, uncomfortable, metal bench with a row full of oversized strangers. Oh and the luxury of their great concession options, small bathrooms, and tight concourses.
Commonwealth is pretty spacious and beautiful place to watch a game. Always have a good time there; though no arguement that the on field product has suffered.

popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
  #844
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
I'd argue that the Eskimos offer much better value in terms of amenities and stadium experience.
Stamperders' cheapeast tickets would involve squeezing onto a cold, uncomfortable, metal bench with a row full of oversized strangers. Oh and the luxury of their great concession options, small bathrooms, and tight concourses.
Commonwealth is pretty spacious and beautiful place to watch a game. Always have a good time there; though no arguement that the on field product has suffered.
I know a couple of stamps fans, and they're the first to admit that McMahon is about the worst dump there is. I believe them.
I'm happy to pay the extra money for going to Commonwealth.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:23 PM
  #845
dasivon
Registered User
 
dasivon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
So we trade the 3rd overall pick to Toronto?

dasivon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:28 PM
  #846
McOilers4cup
Finally
 
McOilers4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: High Hopes
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,434
vCash: 163
@ReidWilkins: Esks trade 3rd and 21st overall picks to Toronto for 6th and 15th overall picks, import o-lineman Tony Washington, import DB Otha Foster.

McOilers4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:44 PM
  #847
dasivon
Registered User
 
dasivon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
Take Devon Bailey WR 6th overall.

dasivon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:59 PM
  #848
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Grumpier OLD MAN inn
Country: United Nations
Posts: 60,926
vCash: 50
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=118161

cfl draft today

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:12 PM
  #849
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,866
vCash: 500
I really like what the Eskimos did today. I have no clue what the story is with Bailey (I like the sounds of a big, athletic Canadian receiver) but I love that they added a starting offensive lineman and a promising DB.

__________________
Burn Girl Prom Queen
Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:21 PM
  #850
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 500
I like that we added a former 100-metre gold medalist and world record holder. 😁

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.