HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Finnpin
"internet"

vCash: 500
Well Rotenberg and his posse owns 100% of the Hartwall Areena now so they can do what ever they want to and upgrading the place sounds nice. LEDs and new sound system etc. but please no "kiss cams" for the Finns...those are too "americans" for our taste.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Well Rotenberg and his posse owns 100% of the Hartwall Areena now so they can do what ever they want to and upgrading the place sounds nice. LEDs and new sound system etc. but please no "kiss cams" for the Finns...those are too "americans" for our taste.
Yeah, Finns are more likely to think "get that ****ing camera off me" or give the bird or sit still, hoping no one notices them.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
I have seen a lot of DEG games and they have some of the best fan support in the whole DEL. Having two Godawul seasons in a row would hurt any fan base overall.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Any news about a Norwegian team joining? I know there were some news in Norwegian Newspapers in September month about a guy representing the KHL coming to Norway to have meetings with The Norwegian Hockey Association.

The latest news I read was that he was supposed to come back in October or November for further meetings.

Any news from Russian media about this ?

Old
11-02-2013, 01:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Yeah, Finns are more likely to think "get that ****ing camera off me" or give the bird or sit still, hoping no one notices them.
Now that one sentence encomposes Northern mentality perfectly

Old
11-02-2013, 03:46 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Fans in Petersburg had the same complaints. And they still do. The thing with Rottenberg is that he sincerely belives that kiss cams, loud trashy pop music at the arena, clapsticks etc. are essential to build up proper atmosphere and assure stable attendance. Russians generally aren't very extroverded people either, but what else can you do.

Last edited by obskyr: 11-02-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old
11-02-2013, 05:17 AM
ult

Yeah, that's why there is no kiss cam in Saint Petersburg...

If you wanna see what he's talking about, go watch SKA-CSKA or another home game.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
Fans in Petersburg had the same complaints. And they still do. The thing with Rottenberg is that he sincerely belives that kiss cams, loud trashy pop music at the arena, clapsticks etc. are essential to build up proper atmosphere and assure stable attendance. Russians generally aren't very extroverded people either, but what else can you do.
Kiss cams and loud trashy pop music already exists in Hartwall Areena and some clapsticks were given to children. Jokerit fan section is very negative against clapsticks and they have had talks with the front office about them. I guess for children they are ok, but for whole crowd, a big no no.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:41 AM
ult

Self-entitled elitists are the worst.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:59 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Kiss cams and loud trashy pop music already exists in Hartwall Areena and some clapsticks were given to children. Jokerit fan section is very negative against clapsticks and they have had talks with the front office about them. I guess for children they are ok, but for whole crowd, a big no no.
Brace yourselves.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

^^ Rotenberg doesn't make all decisions by himself. Harkimo still owns 51% of the team.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:57 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Yeah, that's why there is no kiss cam in Saint Petersburg...
Wait, what? There was a kc this season, did they already change their mind?

Old
11-02-2013, 07:09 AM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
Wait, what? There was a kc this season, did they already change their mind?
Really? On tv too? I'm gonna need to ask someone who goes to games then. Whatever it is, it's not worth mentioning at all. Why would anyone care if there is a kiss cam or if there is no kiss cam...

Old
11-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
^^ Rotenberg doesn't make all decisions by himself. Harkimo still owns 51% of the team.
Currently they work with Eteläpääty with timing the music so that they don't play during every break, so as to not kill the sound/singing of the fans. Even music selection is open to feedback to a degree since the arena DJ Amanda Harkimo (niece of Hjallis) has a Facebook page under Jokerit DeeJay.

Clapsticks and artificial noise makers are extremely unpopular among the hardcore fans. I think HIFK had them in one home game but they may have disappeared after one since there hasn't been so much complaining since the first sighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Really? On tv too? I'm gonna need to ask someone who goes to games then. Whatever it is, it's not worth mentioning at all. Why would anyone care if there is a kiss cam or if there is no kiss cam...
Kiss cams rarely make it to tv even in North America.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
metmag

I just hope they don't have those awful soccer-like chants and noise that I have heard watching Medvescak-Admiral last week. It significantly decreased my pleasure as a spectator and I would not buy tickets if I knew that I was in for an hour of senseless vocal noise making for long continuous periods of time.

I'd much rather hit some clap sticks after a goal or watch an interactive cam while listening to popular catchy music, waiting for a face-off set up.

Don't even get me started on the drums

Old
11-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
I just hope they don't have those awful soccer-like chants and noise that I have heard watching Medvescak-Admiral last week. It significantly decreased my pleasure as a spectator and I would not buy tickets if I knew that I was in for an hour of senseless vocal noise making for long continuous periods of time.

I'd much rather hit some clap sticks after a goal or watch an interactive cam while listening to popular catchy music, waiting for a face-off set up.

Considering your flag, I don't think anyone is surprised.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:50 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:

Soccer like chants? Oh no we can't show passion and support for a team in a sport we love.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this site.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:15 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Soccer like chants? Oh no we can't show passion and support for a team in a sport we love.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this site.
Yeah thats exactly what I was saying...

This has got to be one of the dumbest interpretations of a post I have ever seen on these forums.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Hockeyfan31*

Quote:
Yeah thats exactly what I was saying...

This has got to be one of the dumbest interpretations of a post I have ever seen on these forums.
Your previous post wasn't any better, creating atmosphere is game is a bad thing now huh

No wonder NA sports have soulless atmosphere if it's all about stuffing face with burgers and watching sports in library. I forgot that after you have washed down your fast food with sprite everyone shouts ''let's go whatever'', proper atmosphere

Fans are way better in europe

Old
11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:

unless it's some sort of trolling, you can't post stuff like that to us Europeans

Old
11-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:

Prepare to be disappointed then:

Old
11-03-2013, 01:03 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:

Brave post!

Old
11-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Go Donbass

Everybody, please turn on your sarcasm detectors, metmag was not being serious.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Donbass View Post
Everybody, please turn on your sarcasm detectors, metmag was not being serious.
I really think he was serious.

Old
11-03-2013, 05:05 PM
metmag

Relax guys. I realize many of you hold your traditional hockey views very dear to you, and I respect that. However I think Rotenberg has a point.

If you look at SKA, their marketing, branding and even the atmosphere is close to identical to the north American one, and that has only been a good thing for that club. Whether you like it or not the KHL is increasingly getting more international, and although it has many distinct features, it has also an increasing likeness to the NHL. The fact of the matter is that many successful leagues/franchises in north America are on the same page as what I've mentioned earlier and are successful for it. And you should keep in mind that this model is for the general population of fans and not just a select amount of long term hockey fans with hardcore opinions on the matter.

In fact, it is true that if I was a parent of two little kids I would not bring them if there is a bunch of 'ultras' hitting drums hard with their shirts off screaming all game long. The atmosphere should be inclusive. Do people really think that Chicago, Boston, Toronto fans/atmosphere is worse than anywhere in the KHL or Europe for that matter?

This discussion is pointless is you think that NA and European fans are inherently different in their sense of cheering and preference of atmosphere.

Clap sticks, no drums, no long chants, catchy music, and if people were wearing jerseys it would almost be the same as in NA.
Pleasantly surprised this is from Ak-Bars considering their marketing has been atrocious over the years.

Closed Thread