HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Coramoor

vCash: 500
The KHL has made a lot of moves to making it more english friendly which I think is important to it's growth into Western Europe. I'd expect that unless the coach was Canadian that most business would be conducted in Russian or the local language of the team.

For me the best improvement was going to the Latin alphabet for player names, makes it far less confusing for me as I can't read Cyrillic.

Old
01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
loppa*

Quote:
For me the best improvement was going to the Latin alphabet for player names, makes it far less confusing for me as I can't read Cyrillic.
The non-cyrillic letters on Russian team jersies bothers me a lot.
I also think that there are many other more important improvements. For example, the daily KHL update news in english.

Old
01-03-2014, 09:47 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
The non-cyrillic letters on Russian team jersies bothers me a lot.
I also think that there are many other more important improvements. For example, the daily KHL update news in english.
It may bother you but its good business. most of the world dont read azbuka (most who have cirilic dont understand compleatly azbuka), and they want most of the world to watch. Ratings. From that comes money. And they wount get much from Russian motherland. Thats why Superliga was so bad it restructured (folded). Big part of it is to see on TV who each guy is, so yeah its very important. You really cant tell them apart otherwise

Yes there is a daily KHL update in English. But if you mean a detailed report of happening, injuries, rule changes, league pentalties and so on and not just highlights than you are right. Atleast not in video format. I mean the highlights are not of all games anyway.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:45 AM
loppa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbeaver View Post
It may bother you but its good business. most of the world dont read azbuka (most who have cirilic dont understand compleatly azbuka), and they want most of the world to watch. Ratings. From that comes money. And they wount get much from Russian motherland. Thats why Superliga was so bad it restructured (folded). Big part of it is to see on TV who each guy is, so yeah its very important. You really cant tell them apart otherwise

Yes there is a daily KHL update in English. But if you mean a detailed report of happening, injuries, rule changes, league pentalties and so on and not just highlights than you are right. Atleast not in video format. I mean the highlights are not of all games anyway.
Sure it may be good business, but I am of the opinion that Russia should not be tied to Western capital. It should be able to have a top notch hockey league independent of any others. Furthermore, what I think is quite striking is the fact that hockey is just emerging in Russia. There should not be any big rush to expand here and there. Just be a vacuume that would suck out the talent out of other places, and leave the European leagues to suffer in their disorganized balkanized selves.

Now... there has been expansion to some slavic countries, the czechoslovak ones. And I respect that. I don't mind a sort of Slavic-Unity (which was origianlly a czech or slovak idea as I recall), as that idea ended up becoming an idea for expansion of Russian influence and power. The problem is that this expansion of power and influence can much easily be done on culturally similar slavic groups than on say western groups. Hence I do not think that it is necessarily a good idea to keep going outside of the slavic realm. Finland, maybe there're right there, it's just cool I suppose, and come on, who doesn't like them ))) . But beyond that, I have big reservations. Most slavic countries, croatia being an exception, do not have paranoia against cyrillic script, they should just get used to it on jersies of FOREIGN teams.

Quote:
most of the world
Exactly. Most of the world does not play hockey. Most of the world does not like Russia. And we must not have a hitler-ite idea to "take over the world". The goal should be to stop Russia from being a subservient lapdog to the interests of hockey development in North America. Now, such a condition would be great for the NHL and their commissioners who like to subsidize teams in the desert and places where hockey should not exist, as it makes money. Hockey in the former eastern europe has always been a money-losing endeavor. It's just a different culture, and I think that americanization has gone way too far in Russia. Profits should not be the main goal, hockey development should be, and well, we can see with Medvescak that profits and entertainment does not result in development.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:08 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
Sure it may be good business, but I am of the opinion that Russia should not be tied to Western capital. It should be able to have a top notch hockey league independent of any others. Furthermore, what I think is quite striking is the fact that hockey is just emerging in Russia. There should not be any big rush to expand here and there. Just be a vacuume that would suck out the talent out of other places, and leave the European leagues to suffer in their disorganized balkanized selves.

Now... there has been expansion to some slavic countries, the czechoslovak ones. And I respect that. I don't mind a sort of Slavic-Unity (which was origianlly a czech or slovak idea as I recall), as that idea ended up becoming an idea for expansion of Russian influence and power. The problem is that this expansion of power and influence can much easily be done on culturally similar slavic groups than on say western groups. Hence I do not think that it is necessarily a good idea to keep going outside of the slavic realm. Finland, maybe there're right there, it's just cool I suppose, and come on, who doesn't like them ))) . But beyond that, I have big reservations. Most slavic countries, croatia being an exception, do not have paranoia against cyrillic script, they should just get used to it on jersies of FOREIGN teams.

Exactly. Most of the world does not play hockey. Most of the world does not like Russia. And we must not have a hitler-ite idea to "take over the world". The goal should be to stop Russia from being a subservient lapdog to the interests of hockey development in North America. Now, such a condition would be great for the NHL and their commissioners who like to subsidize teams in the desert and places where hockey should not exist, as it makes money. Hockey in the former eastern europe has always been a money-losing endeavor. It's just a different culture, and I think that americanization has gone way too far in Russia. Profits should not be the main goal, hockey development should be, and well, we can see with Medvescak that profits and entertainment does not result in development.
I want to point out that the teams in the desert actually lose money. Bettman is just a moron.

With the whole hockey development should be the main goal, you're thinking with your nationality not league. The KHL needs to strive away from the Russian Federation and become an entity in itself and become a real deal profitable league. Hockey development will be the next dice to fall if the KHL becomes more profitable.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Coramoor

Without profitability or at least break even, you fail, you can not continue to fund things if the money no longer exists. The USSR failed for a reason.

Accessibility to those outside of the Russian sphere of influence will definitely help that

Old
01-04-2014, 01:33 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
Without profitability or at least break even, you fail, you can not continue to fund things if the money no longer exists. The USSR failed for a reason.

Accessibility to those outside of the Russian sphere of influence will definitely help that
Accessibility is a must if the KHL is going to survive with their tactics now. Russia and the 2nd world as a whole just isn't wealthy enough to support the plans the KHL have.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:34 AM
loppa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
I want to point out that the teams in the desert actually lose money. Bettman is just a moron.

With the whole hockey development should be the main goal, you're thinking with your nationality not league. The KHL needs to strive away from the Russian Federation and become an entity in itself and become a real deal profitable league. Hockey development will be the next dice to fall if the KHL becomes more profitable.
Um, is it only the one that loses it or do more lose it? What really made me dislike the NHL was how places in which fans like hockey, like say Toronto, get exploited. Their team sucks, it sucks so bad and no matter how much it sucks it will sell out tickets. On the other hand, take say Chicago. Hockey is popular there now, because the team is doing well. It's runaway popular to be precise. Yet, when I was a hawks fan, back in the time before they were good, when they sucked, nobody knew anything about hockey in Chicago. People could not care less. Hence, to make more money, they put good players in places where hockey is not popular, and milk fans where hockey is popular, by giving them horrid teams. And there is this continual drive to expand to have more teams, often in places where hockey should not be...

I do not want to see such a model of development of hockey in Russia. I have no problem with a Moscow team dominating the league. Unfortunately we do not see the Leafs or Habs dominating the NHL. But alas there is more money to be made if you send Gretzky to play in the desert than if he plays where people appreciate him more.

To address something though... hockey was never profitable in the former Soviet Union. Why do you think it should become profitable all of a sudden? Why this need to americanize things? The old system produced the best team that the world saw, a team that trumped the NHL all stars in the 1981 canada cup by a crazy 8-1 score. They did some things right, at the very least. Lets not lose creativity to try to imitate this bogus fiasco called the NHL.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:39 AM
loppa*

Quote:

The USSR did not fail, a decision was made to destroy it. Central asian republics had independence imposed on them. The moronic breakup of belarus-russia-ukraine was a deliberate decision, a mistake that put them back by who knows how long.

Lets not expand this discussion too far. The 1990s were bad and whatnot, but the thing is that conditions were exacerbated by some very bad decisions. Had better decisions been made (gorbachev ***** the soviet union, lets not argue if he did it intentionally or wishing well, I am certain the guy had bad intentions though), the soviet union would have been much more successful and perhaps around to this day.

One extremely important thing however is to note russia is not the west. You can not expect them to conform to standards and likes that you are used to. It has moved in that direction sure, some good and some disastrous things happened as a result.

edit/add: The NHL is fine with just the north american market. It does not depend on europe or any place outside its borders. Why do you think that the KHL should be dependent on those outside its borders?

Old
01-04-2014, 01:51 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
Um, is it only the one that loses it or do more lose it? What really made me dislike the NHL was how places in which fans like hockey, like say Toronto, get exploited. Their team sucks, it sucks so bad and no matter how much it sucks it will sell out tickets. On the other hand, take say Chicago. Hockey is popular there now, because the team is doing well. It's runaway popular to be precise. Yet, when I was a hawks fan, back in the time before they were good, when they sucked, nobody knew anything about hockey in Chicago. People could not care less. Hence, to make more money, they put good players in places where hockey is not popular, and milk fans where hockey is popular, by giving them horrid teams. And there is this continual drive to expand to have more teams, often in places where hockey should not be...

I do not want to see such a model of development of hockey in Russia. I have no problem with a Moscow team dominating the league. Unfortunately we do not see the Leafs or Habs dominating the NHL. But alas there is more money to be made if you send Gretzky to play in the desert than if he plays where people appreciate him more.

To address something though... hockey was never profitable in the former Soviet Union. Why do you think it should become profitable all of a sudden? Why this need to americanize things? The old system produced the best team that the world saw, a team that trumped the NHL all stars in the 1981 canada cup by a crazy 8-1 score. They did some things right, at the very least. Lets not lose creativity to try to imitate this bogus fiasco called the NHL.
You act like the NHL puts players places to build the team. Every team is trying to become good Canadian and United States. Chicago is good right now because of their 1st round picks from when they were finishing last.

You'll have your wish soon with the Olympics anyway. I doubt the KHL will ever stop sending players to the Olympics, but I guarantee that this will be the last time the NHL does. Russia should own Ice Hockey at the Winter Olympics for years to come and whether the KHL has plans to send their players to the "World Cup of Hockey" ran by the NHL in Augusts will be told by time.

A profitable KHL means the National team will be better anyway, because the popularity of the sport will increase. They go single handily with eachother; if the league is more popular the profits will rise and more kids will play hockey, grow up, and become stars.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:57 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
The USSR did not fail, a decision was made to destroy it. Central asian republics had independence imposed on them. The moronic breakup of belarus-russia-ukraine was a deliberate decision, a mistake that put them back by who knows how long.

Lets not expand this discussion too far. The 1990s were bad and whatnot, but the thing is that conditions were exacerbated by some very bad decisions. Had better decisions been made (gorbachev ***** the soviet union, lets not argue if he did it intentionally or wishing well, I am certain the guy had bad intentions though), the soviet union would have been much more successful and perhaps around to this day.

One extremely important thing however is to note russia is not the west. You can not expect them to conform to standards and likes that you are used to. It has moved in that direction sure, some good and some disastrous things happened as a result.

edit/add: The NHL is fine with just the north american market. It does not depend on europe or any place outside its borders. Why do you think that the KHL should be dependent on those outside its borders?
It shouldn't quite frankly, but it's borders aren't exactly known yet, and it is expanding out of the 2nd world. Not to mention if the KHL becomes big, the United States and especially Canada will throw money at the KHL for atleast TV rights of their product.

Old
01-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Coramoor

Quote:

{Mod}

If the KHL wants to remain exclusively in Russian territory sure, but once you enter places like Finland, Sweden, China, Japan, you have to secede to what makes the most sense and at that point it would be the latin alphabet

It doesn't make sense to expand the NHL to Europe for so many reasons. Whether it makes sense for the KHL to do so doesn't really matter as they are clearly extremely interested in the possibility.

The draft system isn't rigged, if it was they be funnelling all the picks to Phoenix or something like that, instead they keep going to the Oilers and they keep wasting it. Good drafting and quality ownership is what put Chicago back on top

Last edited by Killion: 01-04-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Broad political statements not welcomed...
Old
01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
loppa*

Quote:
{Mod}

If the KHL wants to remain exclusively in Russian territory sure, but once you enter places like Finland, Sweden, China, Japan, you have to secede to what makes the most sense and at that point it would be the latin alphabet

It doesn't make sense to expand the NHL to Europe for so many reasons. Whether it makes sense for the KHL to do so doesn't really matter as they are clearly extremely interested in the possibility.

The draft system isn't rigged, if it was they be funnelling all the picks to Phoenix or something like that, instead they keep going to the Oilers and they keep wasting it. Good drafting and quality ownership is what put Chicago back on top
{Mod}.... the hockey scene in north america gained big time, as they sucked up much talent from the former USSR.

Entering China and Japan are crazy dreams, in my opinion. As for entering countries like Finland and Sweden ... it's just a matter of adding one team from each place. That is entering sure, but it is not a big presence of them in the league.

Quote:
Good drafting and quality ownership is what put Chicago back on top
Yeah suuure. That's just a silly excuse to try to justify the fact that the best canadian talent is in the US rather than in Canada, where it is much more appreciated. In the 1980s the NHL realized that it can make much more money if some of Canada's favorite sons were sent down to foresaken hellholes of the southern US (and elsewhere) than if they stayed in their home country. It's disgusting, in my opinion. The NHL is all about making money, about milking the masses for money.

Last edited by Killion: 01-04-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: replied to edited poltical commentary...
Old
01-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Coramoor

I don't see how we can find an agreeable ground to debate on as you seem opposed to the very notion of profit as well as parity. Very few people want to watch a league where the Montreal Canadiens win every year, even most Canadiens fans agree with that and know that the league is better this way. North Americans in general are incredibly opposed to what you find in top soccer leagues like the BPL and La Liga

Old
01-04-2014, 02:47 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
Yeah suuure. That's just a silly excuse to try to justify the fact that the best canadian talent is in the US rather than in Canada, where it is much more appreciated. In the 1980s the NHL realized that it can make much more money if some of Canada's favorite sons were sent down to foresaken hellholes of the southern US (and elsewhere) than if they stayed in their home country. It's disgusting, in my opinion. The NHL is all about making money, about milking the masses for money.
Im sorry but that milking thing you on about is not a smart argument. Clubs live mostly of gate sales and tv rights, and it makes them do better to increase attendance, and they do not relay soley on any big sponsors. In russian case sponsors are there for KHL at the moment because of political preassure. With low attedance Russian teams have currently, they cannot sustain them selves, and if 1 big sponsor pulls out or decreases the sponsorship money the club can fold or really become crappy. Look at Severestal. Sponsorship is good will money, and inherently unstabile. You need atleast minimum level of "steady" money to stay at least afloat. And that is attendance, tv rights and Fanshops.

Old
01-04-2014, 02:51 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
I don't see how we can find an agreeable ground to debate on as you seem opposed to the very notion of profit as well as parity. Very few people want to watch a league where the Montreal Canadiens win every year, even most Canadiens fans agree with that and know that the league is better this way. North Americans in general are incredibly opposed to what you find in top soccer leagues like the BPL and La Liga
He wants his Superliga back, who was relaying only on Russia and made no profite at all and folded I guess he expects that Gasprom will for ever pump money into something they wount get anything from you know bad business lol

Old
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
loppa*

Quote:
Most Canadians that I know are disappointed to see almost always US teams in the NHL finals. And many more hockey fans and non-fans are disgusted by teams from say Florida winning the Stanley cup. Things are seriously wrong.

{Mod}

Hockey in Russia was never a profitable endeavor. Going into hockey in Russia assumes making a loss, and that is the cultural thing that you guys can't, and probably never will comprehend, due to your "profit over everything" approach. {Mod}

With this in mind it's no wonder that we have teams going bust in the NHL, or that are on life support, such as the team in the desert.

edit/add:
Quote:
Im sorry but that milking thing you on about is not a smart argument. Clubs live mostly of gate sales and tv rights, and it makes them do better to increase attendance, and they do not relay soley on any big sponsors. In russian case sponsors are there for KHL at the moment because of political preassure. With low attedance Russian teams have currently, they cannot sustain them selves, and if 1 big sponsor pulls out or decreases the sponsorship money the club can fold or really become crappy. Look at Severestal. Sponsorship is good will money, and inherently unstabile. You need atleast minimum level of "steady" money to stay at least afloat. And that is attendance, tv rights and Fanshops.
In eastern europe hockey developed such that the state itself always sponsored investment in arenas and hockey. Nothing was profitable.

Sponsors in the KHL do not exist because of political pressures. They are there because that's how it always was in Russia.

Now, yes, just because they privatized the industry for a few peanuts to some criminal oligarchs, it does not mean that the sponsoring will just disappear.

Quote:
He wants his Superliga back, who was relaying only on Russia and made no profite at all and folded I guess he expects that Gasprom will for ever pump money into something they wount get anything from you know bad business lol
Your so called bad business practice produced the best hockey team in the world. Yes, bad business practice indeed.

(Mod}

Last edited by Killion: 01-04-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: none of the edited required nor permissable here at hf.....
Old
01-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Coramoor

Almost nothing you've said has made sense, so I'm done in here

Old
01-04-2014, 06:40 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
Almost nothing you've said has made sense, so I'm done in here
lol dido. Any of that what you said loppa is a mix of some twisted propaganda and contradictions and bad recollections. No logic (even the russian kind which i am aware off, but which doesnt apply to KHL, atleast not in their actions)

and FYI, as a last note, Superliga didnt do a damn to create best of anything in the 90's and early 2000's. All players that could ran away as soon as possible. It was the SSSR who created those players and that kind of hockey in a system where that was the way out, and a way for some better life and maybe end up in the NHL. Dont think i dont know what socialism is or isnt, I lived through that **** in two countries and i lived in the US so i know all sides and its good sides and the bad. And how sports WERE financed. So dont give me fairy tales Mind you those are days long past.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
What? You really have no idea what happened in Chicago, dude.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
This point is only valid in the short term I think. Yes oligarchs may continue to pour money into teams, but as things develop in Russia over time, these teams, with the right set up will be able to rake in money. SKA is living proof of this. I don't want to get to much into detail, but bigger arenas, more games, better TV contracts, more popularity will eventually happen and will lead to cash.
But are SKA just an anomaly in this? The city wasn't too big on hockey previously, they just finally managed to make it work. Can it really be achieved in other cities where there are other hockey clubs plus a multitude of other sports/events? Can every club raise ticket prices to match the expenses enough? Far too much of that thought process revolves around having a winning team but that isn't possible for every team.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:17 PM
loppa*

Quote:
and FYI, as a last note, Superliga didnt do a damn to create best of anything in the 90's and early 2000's. All players that could ran away as soon as possible. It was the SSSR who created those players and that kind of hockey in a system where that was the way out, and a way for some better life and maybe end up in the NHL. Dont think i dont know what socialism is or isnt, I lived through that **** in two countries and i lived in the US so i know all sides and its good sides and the bad. And how sports WERE financed. So dont give me fairy tales Mind you those are days long past.
Come on, seriously? The 1990s were an awful time in Russia, when some of the biggest wealth transfers in history were going on - money from the country and russian tax payers was being funneled to criminal oligarchs. There was no money for hockey, there was plundering left and right going on. It was an unstable era that was downright scary and ugly. I never said that I prefer superliga to the current league.
Going towards capitalism has ***** the russian economy, it has ruined them, and this has without doubt hurt their hockey significantly. In the late 1990s certain things were done which moved Russia a bit further away from free market capitalism which was the condition for the high growth noticed at the end of Yeltsin's regime, and in the subsequent inherint Putin regime. Indeed, transitions to capitalism are not something to be fond of, because while there may have been some good intentions and some good results, they resulted in much pain and suffering. Hockey in particular suffered big time. Financing now is not quite like in the soviet era, and I personally would prefer to see direct national funding than this indirect national funding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
What? You really have no idea what happened in Chicago, dude.
Blasphamy. I was one of the few blackhawks fans in the city. I mean dude, they were giving tickets away for free often, because they simply were not able to sell out their arena. Nobody gave a rats ass about hockey, and the overwhelming majority of the fans there now are bandwagon fans who did not know what hockey was back in the early and mid 2000s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan
This point is only valid in the short term I think. Yes oligarchs may continue to pour money into teams, but as things develop in Russia over time, these teams, with the right set up will be able to rake in money. SKA is living proof of this. I don't want to get to much into detail, but bigger arenas, more games, better TV contracts, more popularity will eventually happen and will lead to cash.
Yes, perhaps. We're yet to see how things will pan out. I am not sure if a team with such a big budget as SKA will ever be self sufficient to rake in enough money, but this all is a possibility, yes. I do like the idea of bigger arenas and more popularity, its' something that I was always a fan of and follower of. I want to see Russian hockey as the dominant hockey in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
But are SKA just an anomaly in this? The city wasn't too big on hockey previously, they just finally managed to make it work. Can it really be achieved in other cities where there are other hockey clubs plus a multitude of other sports/events? Can every club raise ticket prices to match the expenses enough? Far too much of that thought process revolves around having a winning team but that isn't possible for every team.
Well, they are working on buiding arenas in certain cities, I would be optimistic to see some self sufficiency.

But the thing that bothers me is the very possibility of the average ticket prices being unaffordable to much of the population. That is what worried me about the profit-oriented hockey development model...

-------------

edit/add: I typically do not post too much on here. And posting this much tires me out a lot. So I may probably be replying more sporadically...

Old
01-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Blasphamy. I was one of the few blackhawks fans in the city. I mean dude, they were giving tickets away for free often, because they simply were not able to sell out their arena. Nobody gave a rats ass about hockey, and the overwhelming majority of the fans there now are bandwagon fans who did not know what hockey was back in the early and mid 2000s.
Yes, and that all changed with Wirtz dying and Rocky taking the helm. The Chicago Wolves were drawing better attendance than the Hawks for a reason.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
loppa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Yes, and that all changed with Wirtz dying and Rocky taking the helm. The Chicago Wolves were drawing better attendance than the Hawks for a reason.
I know about old man writz, few people liked him mainly because he wouldn't broadcast home games. But that changing is not the catalyst... Things changed over night when they got Kane and whoever else it was, they had a totally new team overnight and bandwaggon fans appeared over night.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:28 AM
thevreelander

Quote:
I know about old man writz, few people liked him mainly because he wouldn't broadcast home games. But that changing is not the catalyst... Things changed over night when they got Kane and whoever else it was, they had a totally new team overnight and bandwaggon fans appeared over night.
09-10 didn't appear overnight. You can't even comprehend how to build a winning team in the NHL because you think the league has influence in sending players to teams. Let's break down some key draft picks/trades that the Chicago Blawkhawks DID(by themselves not with league help) to get out of their awful rut:

Toews 1st round in 06

Sharp acquired in a trade with the Flyers

Duncan Keith 1st round in 02

Dustin Byfuglein 8th round 03

Patrick Kane 1st round 07

Kris Versteeg 5th round 04

Most of these guys could of been drafted/acquired by Canadian teams but were passed up because Canadian GMs didn't see the potential? They didn't build the winner it has nothing to do with the NHL as a league it has all to do with Chicago seeing the potential. Maybe you should check out the Blackhawks board or something and have a chat with the guys over there, I'm sure they'll educate you even more.

Here's a question that hasn't been brought up by this board yet:

Will NHL expansion affect the KHL and KHL expansion? While I believe the talent pool has the most depth ever in hockey history, it's sure to take a hit with all this expansion worldwide; in the KHL and NHL. I see this hurting the smaller prospect leagues the most especially the AHL and SHL since the KHL and NHL can always just pay the bubble players more.

Closed Thread