HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 05:35 AM
  #151
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
Thx for posting robwangjing always nice to read your posts.

As stated many time, Asian expansion comes only when the KHL is consolidated and has a strong gain in Europe, but maybe KHL should right now make some moves on that market like MHL and VHL clubs to "fertilize" ground for the real deal.

One of many positive things in asian expansion is that there's no local patriotic feelings for the local leagues( due to low interes in hockey, but...) like we see in Europe where some clubs even if they think of the KHL are bashed big time( example Jokerit).

Don't know about Mongolia, it doesn't seem like a very profitable or exploitable market, but some triangle of China-Korea-Japan could be very very profitable for the KHL in the future.
I am sure that there will be such moves in MHL, Japan or Korea... China not now. We will see.

vorky is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 01:11 AM
  #152
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/10/12/219646.html


seeep is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 12:21 AM
  #153
loppa
Registered User
 
loppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Serbia
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
heh. Medvescak played against a khl team, and then joined the following season. Perhaps the same will happen here.

Tell me Vorky, look into that crystal ball of yours, is Berlin indeed going to join soon? You said that the KHL will come to some places much sooner than we imagine - and I guess in a way this is their first step in Germany...

loppa is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 12:33 AM
  #154
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
but this is an exhibition all star team vs. the gazprom 'allstar' team; they played against a veteran ex-nhl team in february in new yrok

Sokil is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 12:41 AM
  #155
loppa
Registered User
 
loppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Serbia
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
but this is an exhibition all star team vs. the gazprom 'allstar' team; they played against a veteran ex-nhl team in february in new yrok
Ja njeznaju ruski jazik ocjen haraso. As a result my translation sucks.

loppa is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 07:16 AM
  #156
FreshFruit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 369
vCash: 50
Who was the guy that tried to "steal" the trophy from Medvedev's hands?

Nice arena they have in Berlin, would love to see some KHL games in there.

FreshFruit is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
  #157
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
Who was the guy that tried to "steal" the trophy from Medvedev's hands?

Nice arena they have in Berlin, would love to see some KHL games in there.
Many Western German fans would be on your side. Eisbären fans are considered to be extremly pro-Soviet era. They even chant "Dynamo" a lot for their glorious past in the GDR...


Last edited by Vicente: 10-13-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Vicente is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 10:37 AM
  #158
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Many Western German fans would be on your sight. Eisbären fans are considered to be extremly pro-Soviet era. They even chant "Dynamo" a lot for their glorious past in the GDR...
wait, don't you mean east germans? and side not sight?

my brain hurts

Sokil is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 10:47 AM
  #159
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
wait, don't you mean east germans? and side not sight?

my brain hurts
Yeah off course I meant side.

Well, the Eisbären fans are not very popular among other DEL fans. For obious reasons. So we wouldn't mind see them leave. Plus they win every year which sucks.

Vicente is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
  #160
Ivan94
Registered User
 
Ivan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Country: Croatia
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
wait, don't you mean east germans? and side not sight?

my brain hurts
eisbärens old name was Dynamo Berlin and they were found after WW2 in eastern part of berlin

Ivan94 is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 11:15 AM
  #161
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
so many east german fans would be on the pro-khl side, for obvious sentimental reasons


Should change the name back, the KHL needs another Dynamo

Sokil is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 11:23 AM
  #162
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Please no more Dynamo´s.

Jokeri is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 11:58 AM
  #163
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Nice arena they have in Berlin, would love to see some KHL games in there.[/QUOTE]

Also Köln, Mannheim and Hamburg have very nice arenas

Jokeri is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 12:05 PM
  #164
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,016
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
eisbärens old name was Dynamo Berlin and they were found after WW2 in eastern part of berlin
I mentioned the article on on Eisbären in the Finnish hockey magazine and this was mentioned as the reason. It has nothing to do with being "pro-soviet". It's the club's old name, that's why they chant it occasionally. They still chant more "Eisbären".


Last edited by Jussi: 10-13-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Jussi is online now  
Old
10-13-2013, 02:09 PM
  #165
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I mentioned the article on on Eisbären in the Finnish hockey magazine and this was mentioned as the reason. It has nothing to do with being "pro-soviet". It's the club's old name, that's why they chant it occasionally. They still chant more "Eisbären".
No. It's not only because of their former name. It's because many of their fans identify with the old times of the German Democratic Republic.

Barely anyone who was born in West Berlin supports the Eisbären. Back in the day they were all fans of Preußen Berlin who were one of the most successful teams in Germany for decades.

Dynamo Berlin was the club of the secret police in Germany who killed many, many people! There are so many bad memories... Believe me. If you chant "Dynamo" (secret police club) you mean it.

There is a reason why these clubs have been renamed. Look: there is also Dynamo Dresden (same thing, with many GDR lovers) in soccer. And they get all the hate from Western Germany with chants like "build a new wall, make it 30 metres higher" and stuff like this. The worst thing you can do to a Western German is speaking good of GDR.

Vicente is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 02:46 PM
  #166
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
I'm sure pro-GDR sentiment is pretty marginal though, right? I mean I've never heard anything good about the GDR days. I understand Russians being sentimental for the Soviet days because of the current economic situation, but Germany is a million times better today.

Sokil is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM
  #167
obskyr
Registered User
 
obskyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Karelia
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I'm sure pro-GDR sentiment is pretty marginal though, right? I mean I've never heard anything good about the GDR days. I understand Russians being sentimental for the Soviet days because of the current economic situation, but Germany is a million times better today.
You seriously think that the standard of living in Soviet Russia was any close or even better than it is today? : D
East Germany is the poorest part of the FRG, indeed, but the "Ostalgie" phenomenon in post-socialist countries isn't really based on economy.

obskyr is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
  #168
FreshFruit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 369
vCash: 50
What's with all of this offtopic here?
Or maybe not? Pocket of the fans in the east Berlin is important for the expansion too.

Btw, is it real to have two teams from Germany? EU's greatest market deserver at least 2 teams, right? With Eisbaren who's second possible candidate who could actually think of that(if Eisbaren is thinking about that in the first place).

FreshFruit is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  #169
swosh
Im pink hair niггa
 
swosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
If Berlin joined, KHL would be still called "Behind iron curtain league"

swosh is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 04:40 PM
  #170
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
You seriously think that the standard of living in Soviet Russia was any close or even better than it is today? : D
East Germany is the poorest part of the FRG, indeed, but the "Ostalgie" phenomenon in post-socialist countries isn't really based on economy.
poverty and unemployment was worse for a time, and polls show a strong favor of the soviet system and communism across all of russia

and let's face it, the standard of living is still very low unless you're an oil baron. post-soviet russia has the most disparate wealth inequality in the world.



Quote:
93.7% of Russia’s adult population have less than $10,000 in wealth

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/putti...#ixzz2hdoHdTBQ


Last edited by Sokil: 10-13-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Sokil is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
  #171
Ivan94
Registered User
 
Ivan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Country: Croatia
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
What's with all of this offtopic here?
Or maybe not? Pocket of the fans in the east Berlin is important for the expansion too.

Btw, is it real to have two teams from Germany? EU's greatest market deserver at least 2 teams, right? With Eisbaren who's second possible candidate who could actually think of that(if Eisbaren is thinking about that in the first place).
Köln, Hamburg, Mannheim or München


Köln/Hamburg: big arena and 1.000.000+ cities

Manheim: big arena and smaller city(300.000) but a hockey-city with very popular team + good team in DEL

München: 1.500.000 city + small arena + few hockey traditions, but red bull as big investor. maybe a 50% german 50% austrian team could be there (if they built a new arena)

Ivan94 is offline  
Old
10-14-2013, 01:23 AM
  #172
obskyr
Registered User
 
obskyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Karelia
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
and let's face it, the standard of living is still very low unless you're an oil baron. post-soviet russia has the most disparate wealth inequality in the world.
Uhhh, and it's still better than it was for your average Soviet citiezen. Why did you post the GRP map representing mostly industrial output, you think Russian "oil barons" or at least Russian middle class live in Magadan and Vorkuta?

If your insight on the topic doesn't go further than wikipedia, then why do you even bother telling about the difference between Soviet and post-Soviet societies you're clueless about to someone who, well, lived through it? If anything, the nostalgic post-soviet sentiments root in the societal shift that affected peoples' lives much more than any economic crisis could've ever done. The hardships of the economic transition may add up, you may notice that, according to polls, the retrograde views are stronger in the poorest ex-EB countries like Ukraine and Bulgaria (althought they're even stronger in relatively well off Hungary), but it's not the main factor. A poor lonely babushka is more likely to be soviet-nostalgic not because she's poor or lonely, it's because she's a babushka who never cared to adjust to different realities.

obskyr is offline  
Old
10-14-2013, 02:17 PM
  #173
Hockeyfan31*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Soviet union, politics and stuff like that is exactly what I wanna read when I visit hockey forum

Hockeyfan31* is offline  
Old
10-14-2013, 02:58 PM
  #174
Eisbaerenfan
Registered User
 
Eisbaerenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Many Western German fans would be on your side. Eisbären fans are considered to be extremly pro-Soviet era. They even chant "Dynamo" a lot for their glorious past in the GDR...
what on earth are you talking about?

No Eisbären fan is pro-soviet era -- whatever it is you mean with that.

Eisbaerenfan is offline  
Old
10-14-2013, 03:17 PM
  #175
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
Uhhh, and it's still better than it was for your average Soviet citiezen. Why did you post the GRP map representing mostly industrial output, you think Russian "oil barons" or at least Russian middle class live in Magadan and Vorkuta?
Because it shows how low the GRP is in European Russia. Way to ignore all the other links I posted and straw man the map. Oil money didn't come into play until well after the collapse, so poor then and poorer now - but wealth distribution is worse now than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
If your insight on the topic doesn't go further than wikipedia, then why do you even bother telling about the difference between Soviet and post-Soviet societies you're clueless about to someone who, well, lived through it?
It education on the subject goes much further than "wikipedia", so again, nice straw man argument. Distract from the facts presented and pretend the other person is "clueless".

Quote:
If anything, the nostalgic post-soviet sentiments root in the societal shift that affected peoples' lives much more than any economic crisis could've ever done. The hardships of the economic transition may add up, you may notice that, according to polls, the retrograde views are stronger in the poorest ex-EB countries like Ukraine and Bulgaria (althought they're even stronger in relatively well off Hungary), but it's not the main factor. A poor lonely babushka is more likely to be soviet-nostalgic not because she's poor or lonely, it's because she's a babushka who never cared to adjust to different realities.
But the polls aren't polling the elderly, but all adults, including an even distribution of those who never really lived in the USSR. Unless, that is, 60% of those polled were over 30 and 100% of them were pro-Soviet, in which case, that'd be a slam dunk stat that loved the USSR more than today's Russia.

Sokil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.