HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Center Ice vs GameCenter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  #76
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsaas View Post
I like Gamecenter a lot. Two cons I have with it though -

1) Games are available live or after a blackout period - meaning if you miss the live game and you want to watch it the next morning or afternoon, you most likely won't be able to

2) The XBOX playback was very slow at times for me and would freeze up and buffer a lot. (I actually forgot about this until Jame mentioned it). It would typically work fine on my laptop though.
In my experience, you can replay games immediately and get around the blackout by browsing the game through the daily scoreboard rather than the calendar. Perhaps that only worked on Xbox and not the web site, I forget. I definitely did it all of the time on Xbox.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  #77
mgeise
Registered User
 
mgeise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsaas View Post
I like Gamecenter a lot. Two cons I have with it though -

1) Games are available live or after a blackout period - meaning if you miss the live game and you want to watch it the next morning or afternoon, you most likely won't be able to

2) The XBOX playback was very slow at times for me and would freeze up and buffer a lot. (I actually forgot about this until Jame mentioned it). It would typically work fine on my laptop though.
That's only the case with games that you were blacked out with in the first place. So, if you're blacked out from the Sabres game tonight, then you wouldn't be able to watch it for 48 hours. However, if you want to watch the Toronto-Philadelphia game right after the game ends, you'd be able to if you weren't blacked out originally.

I just tested it out, and I'm able to watch the replay of both of the Canadian games, but not the Washington-Chicago game.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #78
jamers
McTankel Mechanic
 
jamers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
For those frustrated with blackouts, do a bit of googling on VPNs...

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:48 PM
  #79
michaelsaas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise View Post
That's only the case with games that you were blacked out with in the first place. So, if you're blacked out from the Sabres game tonight, then you wouldn't be able to watch it for 48 hours. However, if you want to watch the Toronto-Philadelphia game right after the game ends, you'd be able to if you weren't blacked out originally.

I just tested it out, and I'm able to watch the replay of both of the Canadian games, but not the Washington-Chicago game.
I'll have to try that out, thanks for the tip. TBH I usually use my laptop because the lag can be so bad with my xbox. Last night's game was def not available when I got home from rehearsal but I was expecting that because it was NBCSports. I'll have to try tomorrow night.

michaelsaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  #80
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,311
vCash: 500
im frustrated with it... and want to know if getting a better router, or increasing my provider internet speed would improve the quality...

help?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 02:24 PM
  #81
kenfury
Registered User
 
kenfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
im frustrated with it... and want to know if getting a better router, or increasing my provider internet speed would improve the quality...

help?
For the streams they are running at 3000k so you should have 3Meg reserved for when you are running streams. Also Latency might be playing games with you but there is not much you can do about that. One thing you can do though is run a lower qualty stream. Take the 3000 in the URL and set it to 1500. http://nlds90.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds...ve/canucks_hd_3000.m3u8 becomes http://nlds90.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds...ve/canucks_hd_1500.m3u8 It _may_ help.

kenfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:04 PM
  #82
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
For the streams they are running at 3000k so you should have 3Meg reserved for when you are running streams. Also Latency might be playing games with you but there is not much you can do about that. One thing you can do though is run a lower qualty stream. Take the 3000 in the URL and set it to 1500. http://nlds90.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds...ve/canucks_hd_3000.m3u8 becomes http://nlds90.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds...ve/canucks_hd_1500.m3u8 It _may_ help.
im using the xbox app

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:24 PM
  #83
drew5580
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Gamecenter problems

Anyone else have problems w gamecenter? Specifically, more often than not, out of market games on my phone are blacked out. Even games that are not nationally televised. It's annoying especially when your paying this much for the service


Last edited by drew5580: 10-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
drew5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:42 PM
  #84
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,311
vCash: 500
maybe a mod can merge this with the thread i started a few weeks ago...

in my gamecenter experience... i've moved on from the xbox as a distribution method (it sucked), and grabbed a Roku... and it works great.

I've had no problems with blackouts other than the nationally televised games

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
  #85
drew5580
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
I knew I saw a thread about gamecenter somewhere. Sorry about that. I have center ice at home so I use Game Center for my phone. Changing devices isn't really an option. Just wish it worked the way it should

drew5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
  #86
Eram
Registered User
 
Eram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
For the record, this is the 3rd party service I was talking about: http://hockeystreams.com
^ Underappreciated post right here. It's $99 for a year (you can pause the sub in the off season). HD streams that load quickly, no blackouts, both team's feeds, all archived games. You can get it set up for devices/mobile/xbox as well. I can't say enough nice things about it.

Eram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 12:33 PM
  #87
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eram View Post
^ Underappreciated post right here. It's $99 for a year (you can pause the sub in the off season). HD streams that load quickly, no blackouts, both team's feeds, all archived games. You can get it set up for devices/mobile/xbox as well. I can't say enough nice things about it.
Can you watch games from any league for $99?

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
  #88
GrayMike6891
Rookie User
 
GrayMike6891's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Center Ice is so good I don't see the point to have anything else.

GrayMike6891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 09:04 AM
  #89
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew5580 View Post
Anyone else have problems w gamecenter? Specifically, more often than not, out of market games on my phone are blacked out. Even games that are not nationally televised. It's annoying especially when your paying this much for the service
It probably means that the game is a nationally televised game. There have been a few of these this year, including the Minny game.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
  #90
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
#1: They're not 'free streams'. They're the actual GameCenter streams.
#2: They are available all day. If you were to go to one of them now, it'd have the "this game hasn't begun" message.
#3. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. Are you sure the folders are correct? Was VLC already open or did you open it after putting the .luac file in the appropriate directory?
Sorry to bump this, but to anyone else that was using the VLC quirk to get the amazing HD streams, are you still able to get it? I'm assuming not because every time I click on any game to watch in VLC I get an error message for every one

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:09 PM
  #91
26CornerBlitz
1970
 
26CornerBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc232 View Post
Sorry to bump this, but to anyone else that was using the VLC quirk to get the amazing HD streams, are you still able to get it? I'm assuming not because every time I click on any game to watch in VLC I get an error message for every one
You need the updated script and all will be fine once again.

26CornerBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:56 PM
  #92
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
You need the updated script and all will be fine once again.
Where does one find the updated script?

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 05:58 PM
  #93
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
You need the updated script and all will be fine once again.
yes, where would that be exactly

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 06:02 PM
  #94
26CornerBlitz
1970
 
26CornerBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc232 View Post
yes, where would that be exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Where does one find the updated script?
http://www.***********/r/hockey/comme...ive_nhl_games/

Enjoy!

26CornerBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
  #95
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
thanks, i had JUST found this right before you posted haha

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  #96
jamers
McTankel Mechanic
 
jamers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
maybe a mod can merge this with the thread i started a few weeks ago...

in my gamecenter experience... i've moved on from the xbox as a distribution method (it sucked), and grabbed a Roku... and it works great.

I've had no problems with blackouts other than the nationally televised games
Too bad you never got the xbox working well with it, but glad you can enjoy the service now. It is really great when you get a working setup.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:07 PM
  #97
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,730
vCash: 500
Ok... SO i just purchased Gamecenter tonight...

I log on and all 3 games playing right now are blacked out...

Jets-Rangers
Canadiens- Devils
Flyers-Wild


Is this what I have to look forward to?

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:12 PM
  #98
Deevo
Registered User
 
Deevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Ok... SO i just purchased Gamecenter tonight...

I log on and all 3 games playing right now are blacked out...

Jets-Rangers
Canadiens- Devils
Flyers-Wild


Is this what I have to look forward to?
I recommend signing up for a cheap VPN service like boxpn. You'll never have to worry about blackouts again.

Deevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
  #99
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,373
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Ok... SO i just purchased Gamecenter tonight...

I log on and all 3 games playing right now are blacked out...

Jets-Rangers
Canadiens- Devils
Flyers-Wild


Is this what I have to look forward to?
Workaround ---> http://tunlr.net/get-started/

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:26 PM
  #100
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
I recommend signing up for a cheap VPN service like boxpn. You'll never have to worry about blackouts again.
How does that work with my PS3? .. They give me a new IP Address to put into my PS3 Network?

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.