HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread III: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc ‎

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2013, 10:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Carey ain't scary.

...and Denker kind'a sucks.

Make it ASU 27-0

Old
11-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 217
I'm happy the Cats beat Oregon and that means more to me than this rivalry in football at this time. Plus Stanford will be too much for ASU to handle no matter where the Pac-12 Title Game is played.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Anyone that is an alumnus of ASU or Arizona knows that this game always matters. Every time you beat Arizona it's a big deal, even in tiddly winks.

Bend Down Arizona.

Maybe Arizona will host a Pac-12 championship game, or play in a Rose Bowl when it snows in July.

Last edited by KINGS17: 12-01-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old
12-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Anyone that is an alumnus of ASU or Arizona knows that this game always matters. Every time you beat Arizona it's a big deal, even in tiddly winks.
I wish I could agree with you on this one but I can't. From what I have seen from both schools, they're some sport teams that even alumnus don't care about regardless of how well or not those teams perform. Some sport teams neither school overall cares about unless the team is winning overall.

When Coach Mac alone drove the UA Football Team into the ground you'd be amazed by how many students both past and present who said "**** this team" I'd rather cheer for ASU Football instead. It took quite sometime in order to rebuild the program and gain back whatever support was lost. Fortunately, Mike Stoops was able to do that though it appeared that early on in his Head Coaching career that he was going to be a waste of time and those who had faith in him early on we're going to lose all faith in him.

Old
12-01-2013, 12:34 PM
XX
Lots of Try

UA: "Loss doesn't matter, because we don't care about football"

Gotcha.

Old
12-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Cardinals lose a close one to the Eagles and it looks like they're going to fall short at this rate. Oh well, it was nice to believe for a little bit that they we're going to surprise the football world by getting in.

Nice to see Nick Foles making things happen for the Eagles though.

Old
12-02-2013, 09:41 AM
awfulwaffle

Great weekend! UofA loses badly against ASU, and the Cardinals lose to the Eagles.

Old
12-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Naurutger
Make it so

vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpetCleaner View Post
Great weekend! UofA loses badly against ASU, and the Cardinals lose to the Eagles.
And ASU lost badly in their tourney and Az won big time on the national stage

Everyone looked at me when I said beating Oregon was terrible because the crap bowl in NM is a sure thing now. If they were 6-6 they would have gone to a better bowl on New Years in Dallas with a $1.1 million payout. Now they are stuck going to a bowl no one cares about with a 465k payout all because they are 7-5 (unless some dealing happens...).

Ah well, we will all be watching ASU versus some team in the Roses this year (with OSU possible in the NC who knows who will be there). But the Chaparral connection next year keeps my hopes alive.

Old
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebranded Fan View Post
And ASU lost badly in their tourney and Az won big time on the national stage

Everyone looked at me when I said beating Oregon was terrible because the crap bowl in NM is a sure thing now. If they were 6-6 they would have gone to a better bowl on New Years in Dallas with a $1.1 million payout. Now they are stuck going to a bowl no one cares about with a 465k payout all because they are 7-5 (unless some dealing happens...).

Ah well, we will all be watching ASU versus some team in the Roses this year (with OSU possible in the NC who knows who will be there). But the Chaparral connection next year keeps my hopes alive.
Creighton is a very tough opponent.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Graham wins Pac 12 coach of the year, Sutton Pac 12 defensive player of the year again.

Old
12-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Naurutger
Make it so

Quote:
Creighton is a very tough opponent.
Miami will be ok also but the surprising Aztecs continue to, well surprise.

Old
12-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Naurutger
Make it so

Carey Pac 12 POY also.

Reading all the bowl predictions was fun today. All the backdoor deals that goes into the selection process was hilarious. And how will the bowls be impacted by the Pac 12 Coaching Carousel today (Washington and USC are certainly less desirable and could Mora really go to Washington)? Its madness I tell ya!

Old
12-02-2013, 04:30 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Carey Pac 12 POY also.

Reading all the bowl predictions was fun today. All the backdoor deals that goes into the selection process was hilarious. And how will the bowls be impacted by the Pac 12 Coaching Carousel today (Washington and USC are certainly less desirable and could Mora really go to Washington)? Its madness I tell ya!
Why didn't USC just hang on to Oregon(that's his name right?). I know he was at Ole Miss but had issues there, why did they let him be the interim coach?

Old
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Arizona Men's basketball now ranked #2 in the country behind #1 Michigan State with ASU not ranted in the Top 25.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ar/2014/poll/1

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old
12-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Naurutger
Make it so

Quote:
Why didn't USC just hang on to Oregon(that's his name right?). I know he was at Ole Miss but had issues there, why did they let him be the interim coach?
Isnt that crazy? No one at USC (and of course Wash) seems happy about it. Heard 5 kids have already decommited from Washington and ASU and Az are on their lists.

Fan base likes him, recruits like him, he was winning, that means we fire him...

Old
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Naurutger
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona Men's basketball now ranked #2 in the country behind #1 Michigan State with ASU not ranted in the Top 25.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ar/2014/poll/1
Quote:
Andy Katz: The month started with a host of teams I felt certain could win the national championship. As the month ends, there is one that has the pieces and looks the part: Arizona.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...202/daily-word

Old
12-02-2013, 06:46 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Isnt that crazy? No one at USC (and of course Wash) seems happy about it. Heard 5 kids have already decommited from Washington and ASU and Az are on their lists.

Fan base likes him, recruits like him, he was winning, that means we fire him...
Yeah, that team was in shambles and he nearly brought them back to be a contender in the Pac-12 South this year. It makes 0 sense to me when I heard they were looking for a different coach. Oh well, better for us in Arizona! I'm just worried about Todd Graham, although I think he likes it here at ASU, just got a contract extension, and he's building a winner here. They really need to get those renovations done. What he's done at ASU is special.

Old
12-02-2013, 07:20 PM
XX
Lots of Try

ASU will be a top job spot like USC and Texas once they get the funding online for all the various things they want to do with the special land they own. It's not a matter of if, it's just a question of when. Thankfully Patterson isn't allowed to hire away anyone at ASU to Texas, because Graham would probably go in a heartbeat if offered.

I'm only worried about losing OC Norvell. Talented guy and great recruiter.

Old
12-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

And Pete Carroll looks more and more like a genius in the process with him leaving USC and doing great things for the Seahawks at this present time.

Old
12-03-2013, 12:26 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
And Pete Carroll looks more and more like a genius in the process with him leaving USC and doing great things for the Seahawks at this present time.
I'm not sure genius is the word I'd use. A genius wouldn't have put USC into the violations that happened under his watch. If anything he had the perfect timing to leave USC before the sanctions came down.

Old
12-03-2013, 12:37 PM
XX
Lots of Try

ASU picks up a four star RB commit (Demario Richard) due to all that winning going on in Tempe.

More interestingly, prized four star Arizona recruit and Tucson native Cameron Densen is interested in ASU now. Densen is the 12th ranked WR in the nation.

Mora to Washington is close.

Old
12-03-2013, 01:38 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
ASU picks up a four star RB commit (Demario Richard) due to all that winning going on in Tempe.

More interestingly, prized four star Arizona recruit and Tucson native Cameron Densen is interested in ASU now. Densen is the 12th ranked WR in the nation.

Mora to Washington is close.
That's great news! Crazy how much this organization turned around so quickly. Exciting times to be an ASU fan.

I wonder if the billboard down in Tucson with an ASU advertisement had anything to get him to think about coming here.

Old
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Quote:
That's great news! Crazy how much this organization turned around so quickly. Exciting times to be an ASU fan.

I wonder if the billboard down in Tucson with an ASU advertisement had anything to get him to think about coming here.
I doubt it very much seeing that all 3 Arizona Public Universities have had Billboards Ads going on throughout Arizona of many years now. If anything, it's becoming more and more popular for both ASU and Arizona to have Billboard Ads in Southern California.

Old
12-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Naurutger
Make it so

I wouldn't blame any WR from looking around. With Neal, Hill, and Jacobs eligible next year, its going to be hard to get playing time and that doesn't even mention this year's receivers.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:34 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I doubt it very much seeing that all 3 Arizona Public Universities have had Billboards Ads going on throughout Arizona of many years now. If anything, it's becoming more and more popular for both ASU and Arizona to have Billboard Ads in Southern California.
Guess people really do need to use the sarcasm face on this forum....

Closed Thread