HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Prospect Signings

Old
05-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Really though? Buffalo's prospect pool is incredibly deep; the knock against it is the lack of top end talent at the forward position, not the overall depth. Nelson isn't even a top 20 prospect for us. Off hand, here's a list of Sabres center prospects I would rank above him: Grigorenko, Girgensons (not sure if still a "prospect"), Compher, Hurley, Larsson, Catenacci, Kea, and maybe Varone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they offered him an AHL deal, but I seriously doubt they offer him an ELC.
Yeah. We lack franchise talent and people can reasonably debate we don't have the #1 system, but we surely have the deepest system in terms of worthwhile prospects. Throw in a large number of surplus 1sts and 2nds in the next two drafts and we can't afford to be committing contracts to guys who are almost certainly not ever going to be NHLers. Offer Nelson an AHL deal if they feel it's worthwhile. We've done this with a few draftees in recent years.

If we don't sign Ullmark I will be more mad about a hockey personnel decision than I've been in years. Hopefully the only reason it hasn't been done yet is because he's been busy -- sort of (3rd goalie) -- on Team Sweden in the WC.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 06:49 PM
caley

per John Hoven on a couple LA Kings prospects
http://mayorsmanor.com/2014/05/contr...ngs-prospects/
on Prokhorkin
Quote:
After digging around and checking with our sources, MayorsManor can provide some more details. Apparently, Prokhorkin and/or his agent bought their way out of the KHL deal.
Quote:
Once the Kings were convinced he was finally free of his KHL deal, they again signed him to an NHL deal. We believe this just happened in the past few days.
Quote:
In a truly deja vu moment, the contract between the Kings and Prokhorkin is once again under protest. It’s not really about CSKA (his team in Russia), but the KHL that is putting up a fight. Where the Kings go from here is a little unclear at the moment.
on Kevin Gravel
Quote:
Kevin Gravel is likely to receive a contract from the Kings. The idea is under “heavy consideration” – which is an improvement from a month ago.
Quote:
As we’ve noted before, if the Kings weren’t interested, he wouldn’t be in LA right now and participating in drills with the Black Aces.
on Nick Ebert
Quote:
As we previously reported, Ebert (or should we say his agent) and the Kings exchanged contract ideas some time ago. When checking on things this week, MayorsManor was told that unless Ebert’s side is unreasonable, LA is prepared for the give-and-take process of negotiations. And in the end, a deal is expected to get done this week.
on Tomas Hyka
Quote:
Tomas Hyka, another player that needs to be signed this week or the Kings will lose his rights, is a totally different story. When his name was brought up, the first reply we heard was, “Who?”
Quote:
He’s been in Sweden the past two seasons and isn’t expected to be offered a deal by Los Angeles. The Kings had tried to move out of the 171st pick at the aforementioned draft, but couldn’t. Two years later, it looks they’re walking away from the player taken that day.
There's also stuff on Valentin Zykov at that link.

05-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Kelly Friesen ‏@KellyFriesen 26 min

Former Vancouver Giant Dalton Thrower is close to inking his ELC with the Montreal Canadians.
I expect Vail and Nystrom to be let go by the Habs.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
StuckOutHere

@StapeNewsday 2h
No news yet on #Isles signing D prospect Ville Pokka, but I haven't heard that this will be an issue.

@StapeNewsday 2h
Possibility exists that #Isles will sign Pokka and have him continue playing in Finland next season.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 01:42 PM
caley

This should be cause for some confusing tweets today

Quote:
Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has signed left wing Erik Karlsson to a three-year, entry level contract. On the NHL level, Karlsson will be paid $550,000 in the first year, $600,000 in the second year and $650,000 in the third year. He will receive $60,000 in the American Hockey League (AHL) in year one, and $65,000 in years two and three. Karlsson also receives a signing bonus of $185,000.
Quote:
He was selected by the Hurricanes in the fourth round, 99th overall, in the 2012 NHL Draft.
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=720824

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva maintenant

Valentin Zykov (Drakkar) signe son premier contrat professionnel avec les Kings. 3 ans / 2 207 000 $ total (2 volets) choix 2e ronde en 2013
First contract for Zykov with the LA Kings.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Can't believe the Cats didn't get Delnov under contract. Guess the kid wanted to make bank for a couple of years instead of playing in the AHL.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:28 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by R S View Post
Can't believe the Cats didn't get Delnov under contract. Guess the kid wanted to make bank for a couple of years instead of playing in the AHL.
I'm curious if the Panthers will retain his rights past June 1st as he was drafted out of Russia, played a bit in the WHL then went back. He may count as a 'Defected Player'. This stuff is never very clear.

Old
05-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/sta...93864633561088

Quote:
#Sabres have signed goalie Linus Ullmark to an entry-level contract.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post

Outstanding!
The Sabres pipe situation just got even deeper with young, raw talent.
The rebuild is going nicely, if only it pans out for once

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Just a note to non-Sabres fans who might care, despite the ELC, Ullmark is 100% on returning to Modo next season to complete his SHL contract. One would assume he'll be in North America after that.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:04 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Just a note to non-Sabres fans who might care, despite the ELC, Ullmark is 100% on returning to Modo next season to complete his SHL contract. One would assume he'll be in North America after that.
Not to mention -even without Ullmark- the Sabres have four goalies (Enroth, Neuvirth, Lieuwen, Makarov) under contract for next season with 2 more RFA goalies (Hackett and Knapp).

Old
05-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Not to mention -even without Ullmark- the Sabres have four goalies (Enroth, Neuvirth, Lieuwen, Makarov) under contract for next season with 2 more RFA goalies (Hackett and Knapp).
Right. I expect one of Enroth and Neuvirth will be gone after next season. I wouldn't qualify Knapp. Of Hackett, Lieuwen, and Makarov, hopefully one shows he can be a back-up in 2015-2016, while another splits time with Ullmark in Rochester. Hackett has been a mess and Lieuwen probably tops out as a back-up if that. I'd say organizationally the three goalies to pin any hopes on are Ullmark, Cal Petersen, and Makarov in that order.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Cheveldayoff got all his prospects signed early in the season: Blomqvist, Morrissey, Kosmachuk, Comrie, Petan and Olsen. The only guy on a deadline right now is Lukas Sutter (June 1st) but I don't anticipate him being signed.
Axel Blomqvist was a UFA signing.

Reports are starting to surface that Montreal has/will sign Thrower.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:49 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Right. I expect one of Enroth and Neuvirth will be gone after next season. I wouldn't qualify Knapp. Of Hackett, Lieuwen, and Makarov, hopefully one shows he can be a back-up in 2015-2016, while another splits time with Ullmark in Rochester. Hackett has been a mess and Lieuwen probably tops out as a back-up if that. I'd say organizationally the three goalies to pin any hopes on are Ullmark, Cal Petersen, and Makarov in that order.

Also, with all those draft picks, they'll take another goalie.

05-28-2014, 06:33 AM
helax
HFBoards Sponsor

Nashville has signed Skelefteć AIKs defensemen Johan Alm according to local newspapers. Hes a big strong defensive d-man that was SAIKs best dman this year. Congrats!

Article in Swedish
http://norran.se/hockeybloggen/johan...-for-nashville

helax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 07:42 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Cheveldayoff got all his prospects signed early in the season: Blomqvist, Morrissey, Kosmachuk, Comrie, Petan and Olsen. The only guy on a deadline right now is Lukas Sutter (June 1st) but I don't anticipate him being signed.
I was hoping that he would sign a free agent or two. At least that's what I thought with him signing a boatload of prospects around Christmas.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 07:48 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by helax View Post
Nashville has signed Skelefteć AIKs defensemen Johan Alm according to local newspapers. Hes a big strong defensive d-man that was SAIKs best dman this year. Congrats!

Article in Swedish
http://norran.se/hockeybloggen/johan...-for-nashville
Interesting that there was a decent amount of teams trying to sign him and he chose Nashville. Really can't go wrong as a defenseman coming up through the Predators system. Was Danny DeKeyser's second choice, as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 08:46 AM
helax
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Interesting that there was a decent amount of teams trying to sign him and he chose Nashville. Really can't go wrong as a defenseman coming up through the Predators system. Was Danny DeKeyser's second choice, as well.
Ill think he will prosper, Alm was in god mode in the playoffs, Skelefteć only let in 3 goals during the 4 final games!

helax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 09:39 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:

Agree with all of that. If they kept Knapp... he would be the starter in Elmira? I don't see his career advancing much further then where it is now.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 10:15 AM
caley

per the Senators twitter
Quote:
The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that the club has signed forward Max McCormick to a two-year entry-level contract.

A native of De Pere, Wis., McCormick recently completed his third season with the Big Ten Conference’s Ohio State Buckeyes, scoring 11 goals and establishing new collegiate career highs in assists (24) and points (35), while appearing in each of his team’s 37 games
Quote:
Drafted by the Senators with their second sixth-round pick (171st overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft,
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=720937

Old
05-28-2014, 01:11 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Isles have signed D Ville Pokka to 3-year entry level deal. via Staple twitter.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...13214364127232

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:22 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
The most bizarre is still Frederik Andersen whom Carolina wanted to sign, tried to sign, only for Andersen to tell them that he wasn't interested in playing in the AHL even though GM Jim Rutherford told him he would have a chance to compete for an NHL job that fall. Andersen turned him down, went back into the draft, was signed by Anaheim and...promptly reported to the AHL. Still odd.
Andersen changed agents in the middle of the process. His original intentions were to sign with the Canes, and apparently the club got that message from him and weren't concerned about it. Mid-summer, he fired his agent and hired Ritch Winter. Winter advised him that he would not have a chance to become a starter in Carolina, so he should go back into the draft. Jim Rutherford sounded pretty pissed off about it IIRC.

And, as you note, a year later the Canes were rolling a tandem of AHL'ers while the Ducks were logjammed with NHL'ers. Winter really screwed Andersen on that one.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Isles have signed D Ville Pokka to 3-year entry level deal. via Staple twitter.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...13214364127232

Awesome!!!

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:45 PM
caley

Columbus won't sign one prospect, is trying to sign another.

per Aaron Portzline
Quote:
#CBJ won't be signing D Gianluca Curcuruto -- 7th rd, No. 182 overall in 2012 -- to entry-level deal. He goes back in the draft this year.
Quote:
#CBJ in contract talks with RW Daniel Zaar on an entry-level deal. He was 6th round pick, No. 152 overall in 2012.