HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. III - TSN1200 is HERE!

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

vCash: 500
no apparent reason? The reason is that I think simmer is terrible at his job, and this is the thread devoted to discussing his field. You sycophants take this so personally, it's just weird.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
no apparent reason? The reason is that I think simmer is terrible at his job, and this is the thread devoted to discussing his field. You sycophants take this so personally, it's just weird.
let's hear specifics. what do you not agree with? i'm assuming it is something he has said that has riled you up and not something personal. although with you it's not serious. i get that you're just having fun trying to get under people's skin. i'm glad you are having fun.

if you just came from listening to the conversation he has been having with ian mendes you would have heard about 100 good points by simmer to 1 by mendes. 1 that he keeps reiterating by the way over and over. we get that spezza will make 4 mil next yr. that's great.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:06 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5000
We just heard a guy say that Yashin was a great leader... let that sink in.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

MENDES being wrong doesn't make simmersy right, eh?

Old
02-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
MENDES being wrong doesn't make simmersy right, eh?
are you even listening to the radio?

no one listening to the last 30 mins can say that mendes is making more sense than simmer.

i'm sorry, no knowledgable senators fan.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

I hear a lot of words come out of simmerino but unfortunately they don't often form complete thoughts. It would be entertaining as hell to hear his thoughts on why plus minus means anything though. The guy was punted out of the 'industry' for a reason.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
I hear a lot of words come out of simmerino but unfortunately they don't often form complete thoughts. It would be entertaining as hell to hear his thoughts on why plus minus means anything though. The guy was punted out of the 'industry' for a reason.
you're the best man. not one comment about anything specific to their conversations and people believe you actually listen to the radio at all.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post

no one listening to the last 30 mins can say that mendes is making more sense than simmer.

You also called me out when I pointed out that Simmer was off his rocker for the argument he had with Mendes about Cammalleri/Hemsky and that I was 'making things up'. When I provided you with the audio link you simply said that it didn't matter.

Shawn Simpson is awful at talent evaluation. That's why he's on the radio and not in the NHL. You could write a list longer than Spezza's giveaway history on bad player decisions this guy was a part of...but you think that he's making sense when he says that Zibanejad is a better centre than Spezza?

Oh well.

Old
02-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
"In 1991 after retiring due to injury, Simpson joined the Capital's TV network, and worked two years as a color commentator, while completing Law school at Georgetown University.
He then served as a scout in the Washington Capitals organization for the next six years. In 1997, Simpson was promoted to director of hockey operations for the Capitals, and also served as the General Manager of the AHL's Portland Pirates, the Capital's main affiliate.[3] In 2004 Simpson left the Capitals organization and joined the Toronto Maple Leafs as a professional scout.[4] In June, 2008 Simpson was fired as a part of a general shake-up in the Leafs organization."

hmmm....played in the league.
2 years as a colour man, breaking down the game.
Law Degree
Scout for 10 years NHL
7 Years as Director of Hockey Operations
GM for Caps AHL affiliate

Yeah they sure punted him out pretty quick....it only took what 17 years?

Ive forgotten what were your qualifications again?

Old
02-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
You also called me out when I pointed out that Simmer was off his rocker for the argument he had with Mendes about Cammalleri/Hemsky and that I was 'making things up'. When I provided you with the audio link you simply said that it didn't matter.

Shawn Simpson is awful at talent evaluation. That's why he's on the radio and not in the NHL. You could write a list longer than Spezza's giveaway history on bad player decisions this guy was a part of...but you think that he's making sense when he says that Zibanejad is a better centre than Spezza?

Oh well.
off his rocker? yeah i called you out on that because he's just stating his opinion. he said he thought cammalleri was one dimentional. and thought that hemsky would be a better option IF he could be picked up for 3rd round pick or something. iirc.
it's ok to disagree with opinions. i find myself agreeing with simmer 95% of the time while mendes makes no sense to me. again, that's me. if you think differently, fine too. what's the problem here?

to me, mendes is sounding absolutely ridiculous again today. and now with marcotte on, he is not getting any better. sounds like a 14 yr old

Old
02-05-2014, 02:55 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
off his rocker? yeah i called you out on that because he's just stating his opinion. he said he thought cammalleri was one dimentional. and thought that hemsky would be a better option IF he could be picked up for 3rd round pick or something. iirc.
it's ok to disagree with opinions. i find myself agreeing with simmer 95% of the time while mendes makes no sense to me. again, that's me. if you think differently, fine too. what's the problem here?
I'm with you on this, everyone has a different opinion & that includes all kinds of hockey experts & GMs. Simmer has his opinions & I also agree with him most of the time. Just because he has a different opinion than people here doesn't mean he is wrong it means he has a different opinion of a player or situation. And salary shouldn't come into it but it does, just because a player is making more or less in a given yr shouldn't matter because it's the overall contract that matters not just one yr. Does a player play worse or care less in the yr that he makes less & plays great in the yrs he makes more? I don't think so, I hope not.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Actually Simmer was saying that Hemsky had a better playoff history, and that Cammalleri didn't do much in the playoffs except rely on a hot goalie (both just so far wrong) and when Mendes tried to make a point on it Simmer just sped up his talking and cut Mendes off.

But ok.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
Actually Simmer was saying that Hemsky had a better playoff history, and that Cammalleri didn't do much in the playoffs except rely on a hot goalie (both just so far wrong) and when Mendes tried to make a point on it Simmer just sped up his talking and cut Mendes off.

But ok.
no, when they took a look at their playoff history, simmer admitted that maybe was wrong about the playoff history.

remember that part?

Old
02-05-2014, 03:59 PM
hockeylovingirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
"In 1991 after retiring due to injury, Simpson joined the Capital's TV network, and worked two years as a color commentator, while completing Law school at Georgetown University.
He then served as a scout in the Washington Capitals organization for the next six years. In 1997, Simpson was promoted to director of hockey operations for the Capitals, and also served as the General Manager of the AHL's Portland Pirates, the Capital's main affiliate.[3] In 2004 Simpson left the Capitals organization and joined the Toronto Maple Leafs as a professional scout.[4] In June, 2008 Simpson was fired as a part of a general shake-up in the Leafs organization."

Law Degree
Scout for 10 years NHL

''

I'd like to question your source, he has constantly mentioned he attended the University of Maryland and studied History. I don't think he has a Law Degree not that it matters, we questions his professionalism on the air not his resume.

Old
02-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Quote:

I think the Sens should resign Spezza for many reasons. The reasons Mendez gave are fine. Ultimately you don't give up on a point a game player that is no worse of a captain at 30 than Daniel Alfredsson was.

Old
02-05-2014, 05:53 PM
cage

I think Simmer's ex-girlfriend posts here. And I think her ex-boyfriend (the guy she broke up with so that she could go out with simmer) posts here too

My main complaint is still the same: the shows are too long! Are there any other stations that have 4-hour shows? You need to have great hosts to carry a 4-hour show. Having more than one professional team would help as they'd have more things to talk about. But I cringe when they do try to talk about other sports besides Sens/NHL, it's just very casual and you can hear they have no real knowledge.

Old
02-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post

Law Degree
Scout for 10 years NHL

now that's the levity that this thread was sorely lacking. Thanks bruv!

(nothing like the ol' wikipedia law degree, I have 2)

Old
02-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
no, when they took a look at their playoff history, simmer admitted that maybe was wrong about the playoff history.

remember that part?
No, I don't, because at no point during the broadcast did he ever admit or say maybe he was wrong. He said 'I know you're going to say that Hemsky hasn't really been in the playoffs, but he was great in that one year, and in the Q' (paraphrasing) then constantly said that 'yeah he scored some big goals but that's all he did and he was carried by Halak' about Cammalleri.

Old
02-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Why do people even listen if they can't stand certain guys?

I mean hell, I haven't listened to Team 1200 in the morning since Boom FM hit the airwaves. Why listen to craporama when you can groove to the best of the 70s, 80s and 90s?

Old
02-07-2014, 03:13 PM
coladin

Dave Schreiber really botched up the goal calls yesterday. Wow, listening to the highlights, he totally missed the Karlsson goal and the last second winner was not played up like he usually does. He has to go. He was good but time to move on now.

Old
02-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Icelevel

Quote:
No, I don't, because at no point during the broadcast did he ever admit or say maybe he was wrong. He said 'I know you're going to say that Hemsky hasn't really been in the playoffs, but he was great in that one year, and in the Q' (paraphrasing) then constantly said that 'yeah he scored some big goals but that's all he did and he was carried by Halak' about Cammalleri.
sorry, but he did say maybe he didn't remember correctly when talking about hemsky and cammalleri.
100%

Old
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
"out bicycling"

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Dave Schreiber really botched up the goal calls yesterday. Wow, listening to the highlights, he totally missed the Karlsson goal and the last second winner was not played up like he usually does. He has to go. He was good but time to move on now.
Ya, OK.

So first off you said you only heard the highlights goal calls. Have you heard a full broadcast recently? I listen to sens broadcasts in the car a ton. The guy still has the mojo. He is the least of the station's problems.

I heard the goal calls a number of times this morning. I thought that the one he 'botched' was the first Michalek goal 10 seconds into the third, which caught everyone off guard. I can't say that with 100% certainty though, as I didn't know that it would get brought up here later today.

The third goal? What do you want him to do? Act like we won the Stanley Cup like the Tampa announcer does? Nonetheless, he was still stoked. He even threw in a cowabunga.

So Schribes botched ONE goal call. He definitely has to go. lmao.

Old
02-08-2014, 06:39 AM
hockeylovingirl

New Idea

Since obviously, the wonderful talent of Mr. Simpson escapes me. I guess I'm wrong to hope he just go away, instead I think all his fans should convince JR to give him a new contract. His contract should be just like Mendes and include all the same benefits. Especially the only working 20 hours a week. It would be great if we was only on the radio for that little time. Oops, I mean how wonderful it would be for him to pursue all his other interests.

Closed Thread