HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2014, 01:44 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Thoughts on Jack Dougherty? 6'1'' righty dman. Played on the top pairing for the US team at the U-18s. Looks like either a late 1st or 2nd round pick on most mocks.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...vid=nhl-search
Quote:
"Jack is a strong skater who moves well in any direction," Central Scouting's David Gregory said. "When he's being quick with his feet he is much more effective defending and with his gap control. He makes good decisions with the puck and is a very good passer off the rush. … He will probably need to be a little more physical at the next level, but that will certainly come as he gets stronger with age."
Quote:
"His learning curve was pretty steep," USNTDP U-18 coach Danton Cole said. "He brings a good element of offense to him. We relied on him defensively as well. He's a real well-rounded player. … We expected that he'd contribute. He was on our top power play and he also got a lot of defensive responsibility. He did a good job. That's what we expected of him."
Quote:
"Dougherty, the way he thinks the game, his offensive instincts, that's the thing that stuck out from him for me," Glover said. "It's something that I've enjoyed watching this year. I've tried to learn what I can from him, incorporate some of the stuff he does well into my game."
http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...a4bcf887a.html
Quote:
The highlight of the combine for Dougherty was “getting to meet all the other players and the staff members from the NHL teams.’’ He said talks with Colorado coach Patrick Roy and Tampa Bay general manager Steve Yzerman were particularly memorable.

Old
06-23-2014, 07:39 AM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Looking at the draft rankings, I wouldn't be surprised if Sanhiem, Honka, McKeown are all gone at 28. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Yzerman/Al Murray go off the board for a guy like John Quenneville, Eric Cornel, Ryan MacInnis, Brett Pollock, or if they pick a fwd with the 19th pick, maybe someone like Marcus Pettersen

In other words they might pick someone who is availabe at 28 but might not be available at 50..

I wouldn't be against going with 2 fwds with the first 2 picks, a Barbashev/Fiala, Pastrnak would definitely give us one of the best prospect pools in the NHL. eventhough we had like 8 players that graduated from prospect status this year.

With Fiala all over everyone's board I'm kinda hoping he's available at 19.

As for the #50 pick, couple of guys I have an eye on, Kamanev, Ondrej Kase, Adam Ola Matsson, Joshua Jacobs, Ryan Collins, Alexis Vanier

Old
06-23-2014, 08:38 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayslightning79 View Post
Looking at the draft rankings, I wouldn't be surprised if Sanhiem, Honka, McKeown are all gone at 28. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Yzerman/Al Murray go off the board for a guy like John Quenneville, Eric Cornel, Ryan MacInnis, Brett Pollock, or if they pick a fwd with the 19th pick, maybe someone like Marcus Pettersen

In other words they might pick someone who is availabe at 28 but might not be available at 50..

I wouldn't be against going with 2 fwds with the first 2 picks, a Barbashev/Fiala, Pastrnak would definitely give us one of the best prospect pools in the NHL. eventhough we had like 8 players that graduated from prospect status this year.

As for the #50 pick, couple of guys I have an eye on, Kamanev, Ondrej Kase, Adam Ola Matsson, Joshua Jacobs, Ryan Collins, Alexis Vanier
Even though this draft year is kinda weak its like super exciting right?

No idea who goes where anywhere from 11 to 50 haha. I like it think will add a lot of drama a huge amount of trades etc..

Should be entertaining and exciting!!

Stole this from my friends in detroit----

http://www.extraskater.com/chl/players?age=17

advanced stats on some of the players. CHL

Last edited by robertguess2013: 06-23-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old
06-23-2014, 09:29 AM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
Even though this draft year is kinda weak its like super exciting right?

No idea who goes where anywhere from 11 to 50 haha. I like it think will add a lot of drama a huge amount of trades etc..

Should be entertaining and exciting!!

Stole this from my friends in detroit----

http://www.extraskater.com/chl/players?age=17

advanced stats on some of the players. CHL
Not surprised to see Barbashev, Ho Sang, and Ehlers in the top 15 GF %

Old
06-23-2014, 10:54 AM
BoltSTH

My predictions s we will draft at least 3 players with names ending in 'v', one of which is not on any mock drafts.

Old
06-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Mikey 48
#NYRTank2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayslightning79 View Post

If Pastrnak is available at 28 I hope SFY takes him. At 50 I really like Kase as well, as if we don't have enough Czechs already. Soon the Olympic roster will be 2/3 TB players.

Old
06-23-2014, 12:58 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

nhl.com mock drafts

Steven Hoffner:

19. Jared McCann, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

With Ryan Malone on his way out, this big center would be a steal in this spot.

28. Ivan Barbashev, LW, Moncton (QMJHL)

Gifted player who put up solid numbers this season, his second in North America.

Mike Morreale:

19. Anthony DeAngelo, D, Sarnia (OHL)

A native of the Philadelphia suburb of Sewell, N.J., DeAngelo is a dynamic skating, puck-moving defender; he led OHL defensemen with 56 assists and 71 points in 51 games. He's a game-changer.

28. Robert Fabbri, C, Guelph (OHL)

A consistently effective left-shot forward is an excellent playmaker and puck-handler. Contributes on the power play; is elusive and quick and would fit the Lightning mold. He had 45 goals in 58 games.

Adam Kimelman:

19. Sonny Milano, LW, USA U-18 (USHL)

Talented but feisty forward will take his developing game to Boston College; had 29 goals and 87 points in 58 games.

Good playmaker with quick hands allowed him to total 25 goals and 68 points in 48 games; gained experience helping Russia win bronze medal at 2014 World Juniors.

Old
06-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Mikey 48
#NYRTank2015

Wow. If we can land Barbashev or Fabbri at 28 I'll be very happy.

Old
06-23-2014, 01:16 PM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 48 View Post
Fabbri was invisible in the Memorial cup, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip to 28.

Old
06-23-2014, 01:24 PM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
nhl.com mock drafts

Steven Hoffner:

19. Jared McCann, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

With Ryan Malone on his way out, this big center would be a steal in this spot.

Gifted player who put up solid numbers this season, his second in North America.

Mike Morreale:

19. Anthony DeAngelo, D, Sarnia (OHL)

A native of the Philadelphia suburb of Sewell, N.J., DeAngelo is a dynamic skating, puck-moving defender; he led OHL defensemen with 56 assists and 71 points in 51 games. He's a game-changer.

28. Robert Fabbri, C, Guelph (OHL)

A consistently effective left-shot forward is an excellent playmaker and puck-handler. Contributes on the power play; is elusive and quick and would fit the Lightning mold. He had 45 goals in 58 games.

Adam Kimelman:

19. Sonny Milano, LW, USA U-18 (USHL)

Talented but feisty forward will take his developing game to Boston College; had 29 goals and 87 points in 58 games.

Good playmaker with quick hands allowed him to total 25 goals and 68 points in 48 games; gained experience helping Russia win bronze medal at 2014 World Juniors.
If PK Subban would've been from Jersey they would almost have the same scouting report ..

Old
06-23-2014, 01:40 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 48 View Post
I was thinking that to. I don't see Fabbri slipping that far as I think he's a top 10 talent. If he did slide that much then we would steal another guy.

Old
06-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Caser

Quote:
If we fail or get one of barbashev honka sanheim at 28 does anyone have any interest in drafting vladislav kamenev?

Ive only seen him play in hlinka believe was as under age guy. Yet he was good at faceoffs he was team leader in pk he worked on the boards hard is a good big kid seemed to have no weaknesses.

I was looking him up cause know he is not over here yet even though heard he was coming after draft.

The guy is a complete player 6'2 over 200 already at 18. Has no weaknesses really so tops out maybe 2 c or he would be super productive pk player and lower line player of future.

He is a playmaker over a scorer or shooter makes others better reminds me of palat hits boards goes to net keeps game simple north south etc..

Not sure what his offense will be but think he might wind up like a sheahan for detroit.

He has the russian factor so should be late first early second round pick.

Anyone from russia seen a lot of this kid?

Also any foreign guys here what do you think of yevgeni svechnikov I believe he is draft eligible next year?
Kamenev is a big two-way center, complete player, not a typical Russian player, I believe his style is more suited to NA hockey. Craig Button is a big fan of him, Kamenev is 12-th at his draft ranking. Still 2 years of KHL contract are there.

Svechnikov is one of the brightest Russian talents I have seen in at least last 5 years, he is a real offensive dynamo.

Old
06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Kamenev is a big two-way center, complete player, not a typical Russian player, I believe his style is more suited to NA hockey. Craig Button is a big fan of him, Kamenev is 12-th at his draft ranking. Still 2 years of KHL contract are there.

Svechnikov is one of the brightest Russian talents I have seen in at least last 5 years, he is a real offensive dynamo.
ty been trying to find out more on these two guys

So kamenev is stuck in russi for two years? I thought he was gonna come over here but that means he cant?

Also to the people on fabbri think detroit is high on him but they might just move back or even out of first round never know with them but at 15 I would not be surprised to see him picked by them. They also like goldoblin a lot.

Old
06-23-2014, 04:19 PM
DFC

I'm somewhat doubtful Barbashev will be around at 19, let alone 28. Seems like the kind of guy at least one GM will want, ours included, regardless of his ranking.

Old
06-23-2014, 04:22 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

HF Staff Mock Draft

Quote:
19. Tampa Bay Lightning

Roland McKeown, D, Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)

Having recently selected skilled forward Jonathan Drouin with last year's first round pick, and with a trio of forward prospects – Tyler Johnson, Nikita Kucherov, J.T. Brown – establishing themselves as NHL-ready forwards last season, the Lightning will be pleased to select one of the top defenders left on the board in Roland McKeown. Scouts love the Kingston defenseman's ability to move the puck up the ice, as well as his hard, accurate shot. With current top defense prospect Slater Koekkoek's history of shoulder injuries, spending another first-round pick on a defenseman would provide some insurance.
Quote:
28. Tampa Bay Lightning (from New York Rangers)

Conner Bleackley, C, Red Deer Rebels (WHL)

The Lightning's second pick of the first round gives the team an opportunity to replace some of the forward prospects that graduated to the NHL in 2013-14. Connor Bleackley had a breakout season in his second full year of hockey with Red Deer, finishing the year with 29 goals and 68 points in 71 games. The 17-year-old center is capable of making an impact at both ends of the ice, even if he does not possess a single standout skill. He played a hard-nosed game, and even at a young age was a leader on the ice for the Rebels.

Old
06-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Caser

Quote:
So kamenev is stuck in russi for two years? I thought he was gonna come over here but that means he cant?
Well, he told he will come over immediately, but who will let him do that - you can't just throw away 2 years of contract (ok, in Russia everything is possible, but I think it's not the case this time), so I guess he was just trying to raise his draft stock with talks like that. On other hand, if he really has got SFY's attention, I don't think those contract years will be a problem for Yzerman.

Old
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
So with Tuch, Ho Sang, Barbeshev, and Samheim all on the board at 19 and we don't pick one of them.

Oh HF. I could eat crow but seems like they are way off base yet again.

Old
06-23-2014, 05:42 PM
DFC

Quote:

Sounds like Barbashev with better offense. Wish I was more familiar with him.

Old
06-23-2014, 06:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Bob McKenzie's Draft Ranking show starts in 7 minutes (7:30) on TSN

Here's a stream

http://skysport.tv/update/tsn1.php

Old
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Caser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
No, actually, if comparing to Kamenev, Barbashev is more skilled, is much better at playmaking, also skating is better and is kind of cool headed, so if talking Barbashev Vs. Kamenev, I would take Barbashev any time. Kamenev is much more physical though.

Old
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
DFC

Quote:
Bob McKenzie's Draft Ranking show starts in 7 minutes (7:30) on TSN

Here's a stream

http://skysport.tv/update/tsn1.php
Much appreciated man.

Old
06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
DFC

Quote:
No, actually, if comparing to Kamenev, Barbashev is more skilled, is much better at playmaking, also skating is better and is kind of cool headed, so if talking Barbashev Vs. Kamenev, I would take Barbashev any time. Kamenev is much more physical though.
Thanks. I'm a huge Barbashev fan. Not familiar at all with Kamenev though.

Old
06-23-2014, 06:36 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
kamenev? isnt like barbashev offensively.

or do you mean?Svechnikov

He is like ovie from what I have heard gonna be a beast. Goal scoring machine

Old
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
DFC

Quote:
kamenev? isnt like barbashev offensively.

or do you mean?Svechnikov

He is like ovie from what I have heard gonna be a beast. Goal scoring machine
Yeah, I misread Caser's post.

Old
06-23-2014, 07:00 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
Yeah, I misread Caser's post.
kamenev mixes it up hits the boards will go to net will block shots back check etc.. hard worker 6'2 center good at faceoffs ok passing playmaking best case good second line center worst case very good third line energy checking guy with some offensive skill.

He scored in the hlinka but that is all ive seen him like 7 in 5 games he was good physical I NOTICED him lol.

I was like I thought he was russian lol. He was hitting. Not used to seeing that if you know what I am saying lol.

I thought he was in next years draft otherwise would have brought up his name sooner.

The other guy? I wanted to know what russians watching him thought cause I hear he might be like ovie.

MAN NEXT YEARS DRAFT IS STACKED.

Thanks Days!!! good stuff from bobby mac.

Closed Thread