HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thomas Vanek (Home), Steve Ott (Away) named as Captains, Christian Ehrhoff as A

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2013, 09:05 AM
  #251
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
Did I miss something? When did we become cup contestants...

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:25 AM
  #252
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
When preseason started.
When the real fake bullets start to fly!

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:32 AM
  #253
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
When the real fake bullets start to fly!
Don't worry, right after the first loss they'll be back in the mix for the 1st overall pick.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
  #254
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Briere/Drury were the same way.
I guess I missed when Briere or Drury were starting fights or licking visors. Briere agitated some, but the differences between them are nowhere near the differences between Vanek and Ott. Like I said - I doubt it matters much anyway.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
  #255
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I guess I missed when Briere or Drury were starting fights or licking visors. Briere agitated some, but the differences between them are nowhere near the differences between Vanek and Ott. Like I said - I doubt it matters much anyway.
Well, there was the report out of Ottawa of the two of them having a fight at the game day skate the day they were eliminated in the SCF on home ice. Oh, you meant fighting OTHERS, not each other.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
  #256
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Well, there was the report out of Ottawa of the two of them having a fight at the game day skate the day they were eliminated in the SCF on home ice. Oh, you meant fighting OTHERS, not each other.
never heard that one... (you meant ECF?)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:04 AM
  #257
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
never heard that one... (you meant ECF?)
Yeah, the ECF. One of the Sens players talked about how it was easy to beat them when they were already fighting themselves. There was some unsubstantiated/unsourced posts that morning that things happened at the Sabres skate and the jist of it was Briere and Drury had a confrontation with one another.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:10 AM
  #258
cybresabre
Zemgus!
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 7,450
vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Here's the thread that had the link to that unsubstantiated rumor:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=383190

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
  #259
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yeah, the ECF. One of the Sens players talked about how it was easy to beat them when they were already fighting themselves. There was some unsubstantiated/unsourced posts that morning that things happened at the Sabres skate and the jist of it was Briere and Drury had a confrontation with one another.
i must've missed it while drowning in my Brian Campbell hate

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  #260
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
The Letters of C and A on guys Jersey mean nothing, but who deals with the refs. Its just a tradition thing to have. Any guys with true leadership qualities won't care if they have a letter or not, they will help out regardless.

I'm 100% sure that the players are not making it as much of a big deal as some of the fans on these boards are. Sometimes fans take ANYTHING that a sports Organization does way too personally.

If the players are okay with this, why shouldn't the fanbase be okay with it?

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  #261
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 1237
The whole "blogs are not going to be used as sources" thing is funny in retrospect.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:50 PM
  #262
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
The Letters of C and A on guys Jersey mean nothing, but who deals with the refs. Its just a tradition thing to have. Any guys with true leadership qualities won't care if they have a letter or not, they will help out regardless.

I'm 100% sure that the players are not making it as much of a big deal as some of the fans on these boards are. Sometimes fans take ANYTHING that a sports Organization does way too personally.

If the players are okay with this, why shouldn't the fanbase be okay with it?
Because we know more than Ron and he should listen to us

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
  #263
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post

If the players are okay with this, why shouldn't the fanbase be okay with it?
Because there is no combination that everyone would agree with.

Some individuals would complain no matter who was picked.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
  #264
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,474
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
The Letters of C and A on guys Jersey mean nothing, but who deals with the refs. Its just a tradition thing to have. Any guys with true leadership qualities won't care if they have a letter or not, they will help out regardless.

I'm 100% sure that the players are not making it as much of a big deal as some of the fans on these boards are. Sometimes fans take ANYTHING that a sports Organization does way too personally.

If the players are okay with this, why shouldn't the fanbase be okay with it?
We don't know what the players think about it

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
  #265
Deevo
Registered User
 
Deevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
EDIT: wrong thread

Deevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.