HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

4 year agreement almost done.

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Highwind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill 'Em All
2). what about a d-man? if not aucoin, then who?
Foote would be a much better defenseman to pair with McCabe or any other leaf defensemen for that fact.

McCabe - Foote
Klee (Maybe buy him out and try for Rathje?) - Kaberle
Colaiacovo - Pilar

Looks good to me.

Old
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Scott Morrison on Sportsnet is saying that the individual player cap is 20% of team salary and not of the league cap.

Anyone else hear this?
I can second Leaf Army here ... I heard that same quote ..

Specifically speaking in term of Iginla and that the Flames need to raise they spending and revenue to the ceiling or they will NOT be permitted to offer Jerome the full 20% of 39 mil ..

Old
07-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke
0% chance that it won't be ratified.

$39 mil is a nice number

Antropov ($1.0) - Sundin ($6.8) - Lindros ($2.0)
Stajan ($0.8) - Allison ($2.0) - Murray ($3.5)
Tucker ($1.6) - Steen ($0.7) - Ponikarovsky ($0.5)
Kilger ($0.5) - Wilm ($0.4) - Perrott ($0.4)
(2 of Wellwood/Kukumberg/Ling/Druken/Williams ($0.8))

Aucoin ($3.5) - McCabe ($3.5)
Kaberle ($2.3) - Pilar ($0.5)
Colaicovo ($0.8) - Klee ($1.9)
(1 of Hedin/White/Bell/Kronwall/Harrison ($0.4))

Belfour ($4.6)
(1 of Tellqvist/Racine/Aubin ($0.4))

Total: $39.0 million

Good luck with that. Why do Toronto fans think they can sin everyone?

Old
07-13-2005, 03:02 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Here is some advice for those who decide to come by trolling slamming the Leafs that have no clue how this CBA is going to benefit the Leafs:

Old
07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

because the Leafs aren't going to suffer one bit.

And I could understand why a Bruins fan might be upset; Jeremy Jacobs has made Siberia a more desireable location than Boston!

I would say the same thing to the Black Hawks fans, but there aren't any here.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

you forgot to buy out kaberle and belfour
and sign rafalski and khabibulin

Old
07-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I can second Leaf Army here ... I heard that same quote ..

Specifically speaking in term of Iginla and that the Flames need to raise they spending and revenue to the ceiling or they will NOT be permitted to offer Jerome the full 20% of 39 mil ..
I really like the idea of limiting teams to signing players to 20% of their total salary. I think it makes it a lot of sense.

However, I think it should only apply to UFAs. I think Calgary should be able to sign an RFA Iginla for whatever they want to. And if it raises their overall salary, then they're allowed to spend more on a UFA if they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Here is some advice for those who decide to come by trolling slamming the Leafs that have no clue how this CBA is going to benefit the Leafs:
Absolutely true. I think this new CBA could be the best thing to happen to the Leafs in decades.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
because the Leafs aren't going to suffer one bit.

And I could understand why a Bruins fan might be upset; Jeremy Jacobs has made Siberia a more desireable location than Boston!

I would say the same thing to the Black Hawks fans, but there aren't any here.
Upset? The Bruins benefit the most from the lockout. Atleast we let go of the old players who didn't deserve long contracts. The Bruins havea young core (Thornton, Samsonov, Raycroft, Bergeron, Boynton, Toivonen), many prospects coming up (Stuart, Alberts, Jurcina, Hilbert, Boyes, Statsny). Also, Bruins will have MORE cap space than the Maple Leafs.

People here say it's the best thing that has happened for the Leafs in decades. The exact same thing can be applied to the Boston Bruins.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:14 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Except that TSN speculated that the players have a grudge against Jeremy Jacobs and Bill Wirtz. They also hold in high regard Larry Tannenbaum and Ed Snider. These are the polar opposite of the NHL spectrum. Leafs and Flyers wanted settlement in February and the Hawks and Bruins owners wanted Blood. Good luck with getting any heart and soul to sign there. BTW, Thornton wants out. He's good as gone and an RFA.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:18 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

- The ability for teams to buy players out of their contracts at two thirds of their value. This is meant to help teams fit under the cap but the clubs won't be able to re-sign those players.

i don't like that one
buying out nolan would mean saving only about 3.7 million
his contract with 24% rollbacks would be 4.5 million ?

not a big saving
at least they could spend it on someone without back spasms

Old
07-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I really like the idea of limiting teams to signing players to 20% of their total salary. I think it makes it a lot of sense.

However, I think it should only apply to UFAs. I think Calgary should be able to sign an RFA Iginla for whatever they want to. And if it raises their overall salary, then they're allowed to spend more on a UFA if they wanted.

Absolutely true. I think this new CBA could be the best thing to happen to the Leafs in decades.
Absolutely on both points ..

The Leaf lunch guys talk about the 20% heavily with Helene Elliott of the LA times .. I think they understood it right and just like you stated it .. Although Scotty Morrison had it a little differently ..

In terms of our Leafs .. You still have 18 mil team dif floor to Ceiling .. Thats a lot of money to spend extra .. With liberalized UFA and franchise players hitting the markets at ages when they could be forces for years to come ..

In fact the TSN gang actually suggested that the leafs may even say good bye to Ant, Poni and other RFA with all the buyout players and players to pick to pay the money now ..

Old
07-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Blasted ..

NO way .... I praise you for that creativity ..
I know, I know.

I've been one of the few that have been wanting to see Sundin return to left wing for some time now, like his early days. With Lindros at centre, you're not losing any face off ability, and he has an uncanny knack for firing a bullet on net from the centre slot. With Wellwood on the other wing and the game opened up, I think his creativity will shine, especially with Lindros at centre.

I just hope that Quinn at least tries it in pre-season (assuming of course Lindros signs here).

Old
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
In fact the TSN gang actually suggested that the leafs may even say good bye to Ant, Poni and other RFA with all the buyout players and players to pick to pay the money now ..
They wouldn't even have to buy them out, just don't make them an offer.

Buy-out everyone, including Mats and do a complete rebuild.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

this calls for celebration!

Old
07-13-2005, 03:37 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

What's the scuttlebutt on Revenue Sharing?

Old
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
What's the scuttlebutt on Revenue Sharing?
Last I heard, the top 10 were to fork over anywhere between 5-7 million each to those 10 on their knees with outstretched hands.

Old
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Good luck with that. Why do Toronto fans think they can sin everyone?
Everyone?

I put the Leafs signing 4 free agents.

There's going to be about 430 free agents on the market.

Is 4 out of 430 "everyone" ?

Old
07-14-2005, 12:53 AM
EazyB97

I'm loving that line-up. Wouldn't mind slipping in a newer tender. I'd still love to see Fendandez between the pipes. Maybe sent Nolan to Minny, grab Fendandez off them and send some cash that way to help them with Nolan? Then Buy-out Eddie and have a junkload more money? Alright, now i'm just being ridiculous, at least your suggestions were possible.

Ps- I also want to see Lindros and a Rookie on the first line. I think if we the Big E, we need to put him in an offensive role, on a non-checking line. In Philly his whole line was based around physical pressure, in NYR it was similar and he wasn't depended on as much. Hopefully in Toronto, with Sundin being a big body, but talented presence, they can operate in a much less "injury prone" manner.

Old
07-14-2005, 08:42 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Except that TSN speculated that the players have a grudge against Jeremy Jacobs and Bill Wirtz. They also hold in high regard Larry Tannenbaum and Ed Snider. These are the polar opposite of the NHL spectrum. Leafs and Flyers wanted settlement in February and the Hawks and Bruins owners wanted Blood. Good luck with getting any heart and soul to sign there. BTW, Thornton wants out. He's good as gone and an RFA.
Pierre Lebrun on theScore last night when they got around to Boston and all their cap room said, "But hey do you want to play in Boston?"

Sounds like there must be something to it, as this anti-Bruin isn't just one source. They'll keep their restricted players, but don't expect UFAs to be knocking on their door while Jacobs is their lord and master.

Closed Thread