HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3

Old
10-01-2013, 10:33 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

vCash: 500
Back from the game, very surprised at the (lackluster) level of intensity from Plekanec and Gionta, Desharais and Pacioretty were handcuffed.

One thing is clear, the leafs bunch handled their emotions miles ahead from the Habs, hooking penalties have no place at this level.

Carey Price was 'New Carey' for the first 30, and old Carey in the last 30, don't drop your shoulders ...

My 2 cents ...

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If im a journalist: "Michel, DD sucked and was by far the worst player on the ice, why the hell is he the most used forward for the Habs?"
Wish we had a journalist like that. **** these boring questions followed by boring answers in broken English by MT.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Markhov and Desharnais must have some serious compromising pictures of MT.
There's absolutely no other explanation for his obsession of those two.

LoonieDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchyfan

Markov with embellishement...mhm right...close their eyes at the end of the game...give a penalty to Prust and a powerplay to the leafs when its the other goon who jumped on Prust...

Yes some leafs players like to taste refs nuts

Galchyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Yeah how the hell did Prust get a fighting penalty without even throwing a single punch.
You could see Prust did a bit of goading there with McLaren. Plus the goalie thing. The legality of it might be wrong, but at the same time, you could see Prust was trying to get him to take a penalty. I think the obviousness deserved a penalty. Leafs got away with some crap in that last minute though.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It's pathetic, MT did a terrible job tonight. I just hope one of the journalists ask him why Eller played less than his little munchkin.
Or why Gallagher was the least used forward after Parros. Seriously, that's just the first game and this team showed a lot of encouraging things but MT will really need to do a better job at managing the guys' ice time. It's just plain awfull.

Impossible Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Was able to see the game after all.

Hab haters will disagree but thevreffing was incredibly biased. How do the leafs get a pp while they had too many men and fraser had his gloves off first?!

But thats clear as day to any honest fan. Lets move on.

I dont think the habs would definitely win if the refs were fair; lets give credit where credit was due. The leafs played well, but imo the habs were neck and neck with them.

The DD line was aatrocious, but whats more disappointing was MTs ridiculous use of them (especially when the EGG line was outplaying everybody).

The injuries are just unfair. Parros injury sucked especially since he showed what a difference he makes, beating up Orr twice. This team has no luck.

Anyone blaming price: welcome to my ignore list. He was solid.

For myself, my only worries are MTs icetime distribution and injuries.

There are LOTS of positives to take form this game. Bring on the flyers, the sky isnt falling people
We seem to be snake bit when it comes to injuries already this year. Reffing was horrible but it always is but as you said, there were a lot of positives. We should also remember that the Leafs are a pretty good hockey team. At this point their defense looks better than ours and so do their first two lines... but we have a better third line

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
Let me state I have always been a Price fan.................
Carry is good........
But never great............................................. .
He wants to be a redneck and part-time NHL............
Let us then trade him to Nashville....Edmonton
138 posts... man you guys are coming out of the woodwork tonight. You're the 3rd one added tonight. Good work!

And another one's gone and another one's gone...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I agree, this is were an Ignia as a stop gap may have been a better choice. What I love is seeing DD fighting for the puck with the D and Patches actually believing he will get a pass.
That too. He almost seems so sure he'll get one. When he gives up in hoping that's usually when DD wins the battle and gets the puck back to him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

At least our young guys are stepping up... despite their dick head coaches refusal to play them the minutes they deserve in favour of a couple of lazy vets.

Honestly can't wait for the day when we are free of Desharnais, Gionta, Boullion, and Diaz... and honestly Therrien is starting to wear on me already. His abundant player favoritism and coaching errors are a real easy way to lose the room.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bieber fever

mannnn feel bad for Parros.

price was shaky all game

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ppil

Really too bad for Parros, but seriously, I wouldn't take a plane with Pacioretty... That guy got the worst luck... And the sad part is that he is our best offensive player, and knowing that he always play even if he is hurt, seeing how he had a brace on his left wrist and that he was playing the remaining of the game with one hand on his stick, it's probably worst than it looked...

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tyson

Based on what I saw from DD last year, I will be shocked if he improves. He is too small and too soft. He is an AHL #1 center, not an NHL one.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Well, it's only one game, but it's entirely apparent we're not going anywhere with this D.

Markov has lost a step and when he tries to do too much, I.E. Bozak goal, he just looks like a ****ing idiot. That play cost us the game. Last man back, on the blueline, bouncing puck, you throw it down the boards.

Our D cannot have too many offensively inept D that can't play in their own end. Gorges, Bouillon, neither of them know what to do offensively and they are not good enough or strong enough defensively. Diaz is opposite, he's OK offensively, can move the puck and has good vision, but he's a tragedy in our D Zone. Long story short, when all you have is Subban and Tinordi on the back-end that exhibits traits of a winning D, you're in trouble.

Hard to be on Price's side tonight. Got beat cheating on the 5-on-3. Phaneuf goal he was incredibly committed to one side and went down before reading the shot. Bozak goal he was deep and not paying any attention, he's always playing deke on breakaways. Fourth goal was Bouillon's fault for not taking the pass and playing in no-man's land the entirety of the 2-on-1.

Desharnais continues to lose every puck battle. No surprise there. Too bad Therrien doesn't see this. He needs to go ASAP. There's better options.

Also, fighting needs to go. Watch MMA. Football is a physical sport and nobody lands punches. Guess what? It's incredible more popular than the NHL. Parros, speedy recovery, too bad your injury comes from a prehistoric barbarian act that adds nothing to the game but a testosterone charge for those barely able to get off their couch and muster the energy to grab another chip.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Calm down guys. You guys have a very good team, (I hate them, but as a Leaf fan, I am obliged to) you guys will do fine tonight. Carey Price was solid tonight, and if he does this all season, you guys will be fine

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

with a road trip coming up, it's apparent Therrien should have used the past 2 days on something other than team bonding exercises. Bottom 6 showed up, the rest were still in the pre-season.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Grant McCagg

Some positives to be taken from this game.

Eller looks to be over his injury and poor preseason. Excellent effort tonight.
Same with Gallagher - had some worries going into the season but if he and Eller play like that the points will come. Chucky wasn't in on the scoring, but did lots of little things well and was strong defensively. Liked his little battle with Ranger.

I liked Tinordi's game for the most part - one of the better dmen. He's really come on with his fighting skills since his London days. I want him to stay in the lineup. I also thought Gorges looked better than last season.

Parros looked like he took it on the chin pretty hard..like the hardest upper cut he ever took. He has a concussion without question - won't be expecting him back for awhile. too bad - he actually was winning his second fight with Orr. when the last time a Hab beat up one of the league's heavyweights? Hope he's going to be okay and returns soon - he's going to help this team.

I really hope Bouillon gets a short leash this season - unfortunately he's an MT fave. He's turning 38 in a couple of weeks..he's defied the odds as an NHL dman for 14 years. Surely when Murray and then Emelin return he's a spare part.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Defense will kill us this year. No matter how GREAT they are suppose to be from some posters in this board....Not tough enough, keep losing their battles. Aging and slowing from Markov to Bouillon. Even if Murray add up, he's not going to be much faster....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:36 PM
BayouHab

Eller has been one of our most valuable players for some time now. It makes zero sense that any center would have more minutes than him.

I hate to say it, but maybe it's time for Markov to have 3rd pairing duties. Play him on the PP as well, but limit full strength time.

Baffled as to why PK was being sat during some PP and PKs. Absolutely astounding.

Price was excellent. Diaz had some great breakout passes. Tinordi played well, and was completely interfered with on one of the goals.

Gutted for Parros. He had a great game. My goodness, what a 4th line that was, with Prust, Parros, and Moen. Moen was all over the place.

We move on, folks. The Leafs are a playoff team. We will beat them a few times this year, for sure.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
sampollock

thing is same old, to small

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
mannnn feel bad for Parros.

price was shaky all game
Pardon? He played just about a spotless game based on what he was given. Very composed and really played his game.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, it's only one game, but it's entirely apparent we're not going anywhere with this D.

Markov has lost a step and when he tries to do too much, I.E. Bozak goal, he just looks like a ****ing idiot. That play cost us the game. Last man back, on the blueline, bouncing puck, you throw it down the boards.

Our D cannot have too many offensively inept D that can't play in their own end. Gorges, Bouillon, neither of them know what to do offensively and they are not good enough or strong enough defensively. Diaz is opposite, he's OK offensively, can move the puck and has good vision, but he's a tragedy in our D Zone. Long story short, when all you have is Subban and Tinordi on the back-end that exhibits traits of a winning D, you're in trouble.

Hard to be on Price's side tonight. Got beat cheating on the 5-on-3. Phaneuf goal he was incredibly committed to one side and went down before reading the shot. Bozak goal he was deep and not paying any attention, he's always playing deke on breakaways. Fourth goal was Bouillon's fault for not taking the pass and playing in no-man's land the entirety of the 2-on-1.

Desharnais continues to lose every puck battle. No surprise there. Too bad Therrien doesn't see this. He needs to go ASAP. There's better options.

Also, fighting needs to go. Watch MMA. Football is a physical sport and nobody lands punches. Guess what? It's incredible more popular than the NHL. Parros, speedy recovery, too bad your injury comes from a prehistoric barbarian act that adds nothing to the game but a testosterone charge for those barely able to get off their couch and muster the energy to grab another chip.
This, I am all for good hits and rough play, but when I see some guy jump Tinordi for a legal hit in pre-season... it needs to stop.

But buttman is all about doing nothing, so it won't change for years.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Calm down guys. You guys have a very good team, (I hate them, but as a Leaf fan, I am obliged to) you guys will do fine tonight. Carey Price was solid tonight, and if he does this all season, you guys will be fine
Thx for your concern but it's not about being fine this year or not. it's the fact we have players that don't want to show emotion or anything that piss us off.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Get rid of DD asap.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Bournival-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen

Problem solved.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Can't.. It's the same crap from last year.
Therrien's inability to see crap when it's right in front of it.
Playing David Desharnais that much, along with crap like Daniel Briere ahead of Eller & Gallagher.
Markhov is a shell of himself.

LoonieDeals is offline   Reply With Quote