HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3

Old
10-01-2013, 09:52 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They will, on angle, in proper depth in the crease and by reading the release of the shot rather than reacting to the pass reception before the shot.
So, in other words, if they do everything perfectly and the pucks hit them, they will stop it... LOL.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:54 PM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I agree.

I think we played an exciting game but we were defensively horrible.

I don't think Reimer outplayed Price. When you've got 7 penalties to kill and the only one you don't kill off is a 5 on 3, you're doing well. Give us a 5 on 3 for no reason and see if we score... (And BTW, why the **** is Subban not on the Penalty Kill?) Just doesn't make any sense.

Both goalies were great.

This is unforgiveable.

It is.

Doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

It was entertaining and the flurry at the end made the loss easier to take.

This is also unforgiveable.

And yes, MT should be fired for this and Subban's icetime too.

If you're going to compare the two goalies YES it does matter. Esp when one guy let in a goal on a 5 on 3 and faced 7 PPs.
Where's the rest of my post where I said that Price wasn't to blame for that game.

Just said he wasn't exceptional he still gave up 4 goals... He was not bad either... Just wasn't really a factor... Proof we lost, a goalie can't be a factor in a loss unless it's his fault.

Tonight Price did the job... Nothing more nothing less...

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Hugo Sham

Man if ever a team needed McCarron and Crisp fast-tracked to the pros

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man, you are really full of ****. Make up the dumbest of arguments just because you want to keep slamming Price?
Lol, I'm a Price fan and a Price defender. I'm also a goalie and I absolutely go ape **** on myself when I let in that exact same play.

Watch the video posted prior to this game where Price breaks his stick and tell me that the situation is not almost identical. Price breaks his stick... Why? Because it's a goal he should shop in a situation where he plays it wrong.

He did not play well enough to win us the game. Do I think the game is his fault? Absolutely not. There were enough errors elsewhere that has to do with the make-up and ice management/strategy of Therrien that cost us the game. Do I think that Price was spotless? No! His game was no where near good enough and those 3 goals should have been saves. Have I said he didn't save a few that should have been goals? No. He made some great saves.

That being said. There are things he is doing that is not good enough for his salary level and his experience in the league. He has to read plays better. His angles and depth in the need has to be much better. His anticipation has to be better. And for **** sakes, execute the basic fundamentals of EVERY SAVE.. LOOK THE PUCK INTO THE BODY. He does a mistake that I catch myself doing, he is continuing to stare at the ORIGIN of the shot, rather than the PUCK itself. Watch the saves he makes with his glove that bounce out. You'll notice his EYES continue to STARE in the VICINITY of the OPPONENT rather than TRACK the PUCK into his BODY.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Man if ever a team needed McCarron and Crisp fast-tracked to the pros
I felt our 4th line played a really good game....?

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
So, in other words, if they do everything perfectly and the pucks hit them, they will stop it... LOL.
If they execute proper mechanics of the position. They will be able to stop that shot, yes.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
That's what being a goalie is all about! Especially the way Price plays

It's a tough job.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Drunk World Order

There's a lot I like from today's game the guys stood up and pretty much won all of there fights...we had a ton of chances but could not capitalize ...we messed the net from close many times...that's concerning...The Kid line was by far the best line out there and should have been out there on the PP ...Gionta looked very good too! ...Tinordi is a beast!

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:59 PM
BayouHab

Quote:
Lol, I'm a Price fan and a Price defender. I'm also a goalie and I absolutely go ape **** on myself when I let in that exact same play.

Watch the video posted prior to this game where Price breaks his stick and tell me that the situation is not almost identical. Price breaks his stick... Why? Because it's a goal he should shop in a situation where he plays it wrong.

He did not play well enough to win us the game. Do I think the game is his fault? Absolutely not. There were enough errors elsewhere that has to do with the make-up and ice management/strategy of Therrien that cost us the game. Do I think that Price was spotless? No! His game was no where near good enough and those 3 goals should have been saves. Have I said he didn't save a few that should have been goals? No. He made some great saves.

That being said. There are things he is doing that is not good enough for his salary level and his experience in the league. He has to read plays better. His angles and depth in the need has to be much better. His anticipation has to be better. And for **** sakes, execute the basic fundamentals of EVERY SAVE.. LOOK THE PUCK INTO THE BODY. He does a mistake that I catch myself doing, he is continuing to stare at the ORIGIN of the shot, rather than the PUCK itself. Watch the saves he makes with his glove that bounce out. You'll notice his EYES continue to STARE in the VICINITY of the OPPONENT rather than TRACK the PUCK into his BODY.
Solid, explanatory post, and I thought Price was good. I understand that you thought differently, but this is an excellent counter-point. We do not agree but props on the explanation.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I felt our 4th line played a really good game....?
i'm talking about big wingers who can play in top 9..instead of the chewing gum playing there now

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
...Gionta looked very good too!
I thought so, too. Too bad he didnt cash on on his chances, but he seemed pretty fast and seemed to be working quite hard.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
The only issue Price had on this goal was his hand positioning and that's not something you can fault him on in this situation. He's dropped it to cover the hole at his waist. He's had several shots there before the goal and he knows he needs to compensate for the inch and a half he's lost because of his pads. That goal isn't his fault, his angle was right and he was challenging the shooter based on positioning. It was a perfect shot and he did the best he could based on the game he'd seen so far.

He did what he could, that's a defensive breakdown leading to a prime scoring chance.
Watch it again. You can't tell me that he wasn't off angle on the Phaneuf shot. He was far too much to his blocker side than than his glove side.

Yes, his hand positioning was at fault. That is because he dropped into his butterfly before the shot was released. There's no reason to compensate for that inch and half he lost due to his pads (especially since that is in his five-hole) and there's no reason to drop your glove on a shot that far out, unless you've already read the release as being ice to mid-ice level. The shot was top corner. Meaning his glove has to be upright, with fingers in the twelve-o'clock position, or he needs to remain on his feet.

Now, let me finish by saying ALL of those goals are things that can be worked upon. However, my biggest concern is the amount of shots that hit his glove and popped out. He's lost the number one fundamental. Look the puck into the body.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Any word on Pacioretty's wrist?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't understand how 4 goals is "spotless". Price was a bit shaky but I think he played pretty well...but "spotless"? No way.
Some great moments, lots of saves, looked smooth and pretty calm/controlled, but ultimately it was another one of those one goal games where I think Price could/should have done better on more than one. Could/should still have been good enough to win, though, but special teams sunk us.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
capebretoncanadien

Quote:

You're just out of er bud.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Man, you are really full of ****. Make up the dumbest of arguments just because you want to keep slamming Price?
WTK is not a Price basher. Far from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I still can't get over the diving call on Markov. That was a legitimate cross-check to Markov's back, however he ended up looking while going down. And that must be the slightest amount of embellishment I've ever seen, if I'm supposed to believe that Markov wasn't simply leaning forward and/or a bit tired. Not understanding the too many men on the ice rule, which defines "engaged in the play" by more than simply puck possession was another among a decently long list of beefs. What can ya do.
Can't understand it either.

Later on though he embellished a call (that should've been called against the Leafs but he embellished all the same) that could've easily been a dive.

But yeah you're right. Reffing was pretty terrible tonight. Not an excuse to lose but as an observation it was bad.

Always seems to be bad when we play the Leafs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Where's the rest of my post where I said that Price wasn't to blame for that game.

Just said he wasn't exceptional he still gave up 4 goals... He was not bad either... Just wasn't really a factor... Proof we lost, a goalie can't be a factor in a loss unless it's his fault.

Tonight Price did the job... Nothing more nothing less...
I didn't attack you on this. I attacked you on saying Reimer was better.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

A disappointing start, but on the whole the Habs played well, at least in the 1st & 3rd (the 2nd was pretty bad...we sat back and did nothing)...and yes, I know we'll hear about it for complaining, but I wasn't impressed with the zebras tonite, but oh well...a few thoughts:

FORWARDS:

Eller was a freakin' beast tonite and Galchenyuk & Gallagher are feeding off that energy...best line on either side of the ice tonite and if that Eller shows up this year, can I get an AMEN, brothers & sisters...

Gionta is still a momentum-killer; I luv his hustle & grit to death, but the motherpucker either needs to remember where the net is or stop shooting, cuz he's killing us...one of these days, Pleks & Bourque are gonna take him out back and "Ol' Yeller" his arse, cuz he kills anything that line can get going.

Newbie Smurf and Pushover Smurf should never be on the same line again because they are soo easily overmatched, not even Patches can save them...leave Briere on the line and put DD somwhere else...in the pressbox...on another team...just somewhere else.

Prust, Moen, & Parros played better than I expected them to; God luv George, first game and he beats the piss outta Orr twice and then concusses himself, hope he's OK and is back soon...Prust impresses me the more I see him play; he's more than just muscle, the kid can play...hell, even the old Moen made an appearance...pity it was in a loss.

DEFENSE:

We were pretty weak defensively tonite as a whole; too many blown asignments & mistakes, however I have to apologize to Raphael Diaz, he showed up and played maybe one of the best games I've seen him play, at least early on...Tinordi was OK, showed heart and some good grit, but still needs a bit of work, he did get a bit out of sorts a couple times...Subban was there, but I really feel, especially on the PP, he wasn't used very well; Therrien better realize soon that PK needs to be the straw that stirs the drink now...Gorges was OK as well, but nothing to write home about...Bouillon was out there waaaaay too much and tried to do waaaaay too much; Therrien needs to give up his luv for Cube and come to the realization that he's a #6-7 at best now and should be a pressbox sitter very soon...Markov was, well, freakin' horrible tonite; I don't know if it's rust or whatever, and I'll give him a mulligan on this one, but we can't see too many more of these type of games from him if we want to contend.

Carey let that softie in on the 5 on 3 (which shouldn't have been a 5 on 3, but we'll let it go...this time ;p ), but played well and made a handful of fantastic stops...at first, I thought he shoulda had the Phaneuf snipe, but it was one helluva shot...a couple bad bounces, although he did look a bit stiff on the Bozak break...anyways, Price has a pretty solid 1st start to build on and hopefully he takes off from here.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:05 PM
S Bah

Here's hoping Parros is back within a month and joins Murray in the Battles of the Atlantic, or the Habs are in for a rough ride this year. I wonder if Anaheim would be interested in sending Brad Staubitz back for a 7th round pick in 2014, he can play and throw them as well take them and is a team player.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

I thought the team looked quite good early on but the momentum was killed by all the penalties. The D was very bad and the Leafs played decent and had a lot of scoring chances.

I think Markov and Diaz are horrible defensively, just like last year. I don't see how Diaz plays the penalty kill ahead of Subban. I don't see why Diaz plays at all honestly.

Eller is in beast mode and is our best player, and that's dating back to last year. Sens series is totally different if he is healthy for sure.

Had my doubts about Gallagher but he played well today. Briere was decent and Gionta was OK.

Desharnais was very poor, waste of a roster spot.

Team has got to play better defensively and all will be well. Physically we were okay, but that 2nd fight wasn't necessary at all for Parros. What a letdown that he gets injured in his first game.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTricK09

Price was good. He did his job. But I think he could have and should have made the save on Bozak's goal, although it wasn't his mistake to begin with.

I hope Parros will be ok, I liked him during tonight's game

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Watch it again. You can't tell me that he wasn't off angle on the Phaneuf shot. He was far too much to his blocker side than than his glove side.

Yes, his hand positioning was at fault. That is because he dropped into his butterfly before the shot was released. There's no reason to compensate for that inch and half he lost due to his pads (especially since that is in his five-hole) and there's no reason to drop your glove on a shot that far out, unless you've already read the release as being ice to mid-ice level. The shot was top corner. Meaning his glove has to be upright, with fingers in the twelve-o'clock position, or he needs to remain on his feet.

Now, let me finish by saying ALL of those goals are things that can be worked upon. However, my biggest concern is the amount of shots that hit his glove and popped out. He's lost the number one fundamental. Look the puck into the body.
Well, you can examine any goal and say the goalie could've done this or that...

He let in a 5 on 3, he let in a breakaway goal, one where his blueliner was horrible and basically passed the puck to the Leafs... and then there was the Phaneuf laser.

As a goalie maybe you see things that we don't. And maybe he could've done some things differently. But none of those were bad goals. At first I thought the Phaneuf one was but man... it really is perfectly placed and it's a bullet.

I'm much, much more concerned with our defense. Problem is though that we're going to keep exposing Price to this and he's going to suffer for it. THAT's a problem because he's going to get a lot more blame than he should. He played a good game (borderline great) and his stats look awful - again. Now the Agnostics of the board will be here to tell us how terrible he was.

We HAVE to get a shutdown guy and we have to play more Subban. If we don't do this it's going to be a painful year for us and for Price.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
PricePkPatch

I dont understand why people are crying about Subban almost not playing on the PK. Last time I checked, our PK actually has done okay today. The only PK goal was on a 5 on 3; hardly a sign of a struggling special unit.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

For those who don't think size matters, ask yourself how many times the Habs won one on one or scrums battles tonight and came away with the puck.

You can't win battles with DD and Gionta not to mention we have zero presence in front of the opposing teams net.

We have made some strides, but still have a ways to go.

Now on D we can be bigger once Emelin and Murray are back

PK. Gorges
Emelin Markov
Tinordi Murray

No Boullion or Diaz!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Well, my wife's B-day was awesome. Gonna close in now. Just wanted to check if you guys were alright
BTW, will we be thanking Gryba at the end of the year? Who knows...

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:10 PM
PricePkPatch

The fail part of the Phaneuf goal wasn't Price's positioning. Sure, it might not have been THE SINGLE PERFECT position, but Price had 4 players to worry about.

No, the fail part was the winger's backchecking. If you watch the replay, you see one of the winger (no idea who) who doesn't skate to cover Phaneuf, who is left alone in the upper crease, and has all the time in the world to make the perfect shot. It as a 4 on 3 against us, because someone couldn't be bothered to move his ass and cover a sharpshooter.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote