HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3

Old
10-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I dont understand why people are crying about Subban almost not playing on the PK. Last time I checked, our PK actually has done okay today. The only PK goal was on a 5 on 3; hardly a sign of a struggling special unit.
Doesn't matter. He should be on the penalty kill.

For Pete's sake the guy's name is PK!!!!

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlan View Post
Watching habs play the leafs is almost unbearable. The reffing is so one sided it's quite sickening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Montreal typical...

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Galchyfan

vCash: 600

Was watchin this on my olds fb pages XD

Galchyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:13 PM
sampollock

thing is, this

this team has scoring, but the guys that can do that, all small.

so the 4th line is tough, the top two are not, same as last year.

MB is screwed, as he is have the top 6, as smurfs, no playoffs, unless he makes changes,

as there is no time to see what happens, get behind in the conf, and they are done

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
dukeofjive

team is in building mode why are people so *****y seriously

dukeofjive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Habsoil

I like our team, if only we could fined a coach now!

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Eller was outstanding. Price was fantastic. The defense as a whole was mediocre, and no one could hit their shots.

If Eller and Price can continue to play at a high level, and the defense shapes up, we are in for a real treat this year!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thewall

after one period Scheifele is close to 7 mins and trouba is close to 9 mins of ice time.. meanwhile.. Gallagher plays 12 mins during the whole game...

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Was anybody else wanting to see parros drop the gloves and chase kessel? I hope he's okay he is quickly growing on me

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Andy

What frustrates me most is that I feel like this team could be really good had Bergevin done a couple of shrewd moves. Briere wasn't the answer. Unless DD goes there is no need for him. There is not much missing, especially when Emelin comes back. The team needs another solid minute-eating D and a centreman to replace Desharnais. Lecavalier really would have been a perfect fit.

That being said I don't think we're a bad team. However, we could use what Cole brought, Speed+Size combo, he was a pain in the ass in the offensive zone, even when he wasn't scoring.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aingaran

It's only 1 game.
Really liked what I saw from Eller line. They should get 19-22 minutes.
Lots of mistakes by the Habs.. All easily fixable IMO.
It's upto MT & MB to fix the problems.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, it's only one game, but it's entirely apparent we're not going anywhere with this D.

Markov has lost a step and when he tries to do too much, I.E. Bozak goal, he just looks like a ****ing idiot. That play cost us the game. Last man back, on the blueline, bouncing puck, you throw it down the boards.

Our D cannot have too many offensively inept D that can't play in their own end. Gorges, Bouillon, neither of them know what to do offensively and they are not good enough or strong enough defensively. Diaz is opposite, he's OK offensively, can move the puck and has good vision, but he's a tragedy in our D Zone. Long story short, when all you have is Subban and Tinordi on the back-end that exhibits traits of a winning D, you're in trouble.

Hard to be on Price's side tonight. Got beat cheating on the 5-on-3. Phaneuf goal he was incredibly committed to one side and went down before reading the shot. Bozak goal he was deep and not paying any attention, he's always playing deke on breakaways. Fourth goal was Bouillon's fault for not taking the pass and playing in no-man's land the entirety of the 2-on-1.

Desharnais continues to lose every puck battle. No surprise there. Too bad Therrien doesn't see this. He needs to go ASAP. There's better options.

Also, fighting needs to go. Watch MMA. Football is a physical sport and nobody lands punches. Guess what? It's incredible more popular than the NHL. Parros, speedy recovery, too bad your injury comes from a prehistoric barbarian act that adds nothing to the game but a testosterone charge for those barely able to get off their couch and muster the energy to grab another chip.
Epic post

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
thing is, this

this team has scoring, but the guys that can do that, all small.

so the 4th line is tough, the top two are not, same as last year.

MB is screwed, as he is have the top 6, as smurfs, no playoffs, unless he makes changes,

as there is no time to see what happens, get behind in the conf, and they are done
Sure, small guys Patch, Eller, Galch, Bourque... can't score.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Defense will kill us this year. No matter how GREAT they are suppose to be from some posters in this board....Not tough enough, keep losing their battles. Aging and slowing from Markov to Bouillon. Even if Murray add up, he's not going to be much faster....
well, it comes down to coaching...I don't like how he's using the d (they're not holding the line to force a dump in), and I think Beaulieu should get a call up sometime this season.

they're not top 10, but they're not at the bottom.

when:
pacioretty dd briere
bourque pleks gionta

are your top 6, well **** me.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Flyinghab

We have bigger problems than Price right now. I knew after last season our defence was borderline average but it looked awful tonight. Could be a long season boys!

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:23 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
where was Plekanec?
Plekanec had the Kessel line and played them well...not his fault he has momentum-killer Gionta on the wing (although I thought Bourque played OK on the other wing).

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Watch it again. You can't tell me that he wasn't off angle on the Phaneuf shot. He was far too much to his blocker side than than his glove side.

Yes, his hand positioning was at fault. That is because he dropped into his butterfly before the shot was released. There's no reason to compensate for that inch and half he lost due to his pads (especially since that is in his five-hole) and there's no reason to drop your glove on a shot that far out, unless you've already read the release as being ice to mid-ice level. The shot was top corner. Meaning his glove has to be upright, with fingers in the twelve-o'clock position, or he needs to remain on his feet.

Now, let me finish by saying ALL of those goals are things that can be worked upon. However, my biggest concern is the amount of shots that hit his glove and popped out. He's lost the number one fundamental. Look the puck into the body.
I've watched it about ten times now and he's playing it perfectly for a left-handed shot. TSN even gives you the image of the shot from the angle of the puck.

There is absolutely a compensation that needs to be made based on the equipment. Price is lower and more compact than he's been in years. He's cheating lower with his pads because he needs to get them down faster to cover his five-hole, this is opening up room at his waist. It's not just playing style, it's the equipment itself that's not covering as much space, take a look at what his pads covered last year and what they do now around his hip. I went through this exact same situation when I switched over to the Rbk pads.

He's dropped his glove because there had already been shots in that area and he was cheating low. That's where his problem was and I wouldn't fault him for it. We may just have to agree to disagree.

I'm totally with you that he needs to work on his glove control though. He needs to be controlling the rebound and not just stopping the puck. He's over thinking the play right now IMO. As you said.... follow the puck, and good things will come.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bieber fever

is DD even NHL level ? seems like the guy who's not good enough to be in top 6 and no good defensivly enough or tough enough to be in the bottom 6 . he reminds me Boyd

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What frustrates me most is that I feel like this team could be really good had Bergevin done a couple of shrewd moves. Briere wasn't the answer. Unless DD goes there is no need for him. There is not much missing, especially when Emelin comes back. The team needs another solid minute-eating D and a centreman to replace Desharnais. Lecavalier really would have been a perfect fit.

That being said I don't think we're a bad team. However, we could use what Cole brought, Speed+Size combo, he was a pain in the ass in the offensive zone, even when he wasn't scoring.
DD and Briere moves set this team back.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

When I thought Pacioretty was gone long-term, it made me realize how thin the team is upfront on the wings.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Bargainbin4Pres

That DD horridness tho.

Bargainbin4Pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Commander Clueless
Fear the Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
You guys think they are planing the parade in the leafs board?
No, we are not. We do not plan the parade anymore.

Mostly because it's already been planned for over a decade and we see no reason to change it.

Intense game tonight. Those last couple minutes were nerve-wracking. Both teams seemed a little loose defensively but honestly they seem that way to me every time they play each other for some reason.

I hope Parros is okay. That was ugly and unfortunate.

Lars Eller was beastly.

Commander Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
dukeofjive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmatic Dan View Post
No, we are not. We do not plan the parade anymore.

Mostly because it's already been planned for over a decade and we see no reason to change it.

Intense game tonight. Those last couple minutes were nerve-wracking. Both teams seemed a little loose defensively but honestly they seem that way to me every time they play each other for some reason.

I hope Parros is okay. That was ugly and unfortunate.

Lars Eller was beastly.
classy post love it

reimer is a boss

dukeofjive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:28 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Doesn't matter. He should be on the penalty kill.

For Pete's sake the guy's name is PK!!!!
Hmmmm, maybe all their initials tell us how they are to be used.

Raphael Diaz, RD, Right Defense
Brian Gionta, BG, Backup Goalie

This could work.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:30 PM

This team can't win with DD, Briere, Gionta in top 9. Trade them all. Play Collberg and Bournival. Pick up Joel Rechlicz until Parros is better. Play Beaulieu instead of cube.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote