HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bring Back Kovalev!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Capitano

vCash: 500
All I do know is that Kovy is probably kicking himself for turning down the deal BG offered him after last season...

I do think we need a first line player though. I'd take Demitra personally if we could get him.

Cap

Old
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanMontrealExpat
Also, I see that Ozolinsh is also a free agent. In a wide-open league, he also brings something that relatively few defencemen bring, and at a reduced price. I think also that in the new league, the powerplay will become even more important, so that one anchored by Markov, Souray, Brisebois and a guy like Ozo, with a good combination of skill upfront, would win the Habs a lot of games, especially if Theo can get back to being reasonably stingy in nets. Possible chemistry between Kovy, Markov, Ozo and Perezhogin would also bring something to the team. Ozo, while not known as a banger, is a very strong individual. I recall seeing a funny quote about that... I'll see if I can unearth it.
Love that idea. Ozo and steady 'one-on-one' defenceman would be a dream come true.

As for Kovalev, I would absolutley welcome him back. In his last 4 seasons, the guy has 0.97 ppg average (293 in 302 games), and that includes over 80 games on the Rags and the 13 games for us where he played a grand total of 1 period with Koivu and Zed. And everyone knows what he can do in the playoffs.

I really think if Kovalev was never traded back to the Rags we'd never have got him for Balej and a pick. That team is a disease. I'm really against using stats to prove a point, but just look at his 2002-03 season:

Pitt- 54 games - 64 points
NYR- 24 games - 13 points

He goes from 1.20 ppg to 0.54 ppg just like that.

In Montreal, there will be a system and more importantly, motivation. I would love to have him back.

Old
07-15-2005, 01:17 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Losco
Love that idea. Ozo and steady 'one-on-one' defenceman would be a dream come true.

As for Kovalev, I would absolutley welcome him back. In his last 4 seasons, the guy has 0.97 ppg average (293 in 302 games), and that includes over 80 games on the Rags and the 13 games for us where he played a grand total of 1 period with Koivu and Zed. And everyone knows what he can do in the playoffs.

I really think if Kovalev was never traded back to the Rags we'd never have got him for Balej and a pick. That team is a disease. I'm really against using stats to prove a point, but just look at his 2002-03 season:

Pitt- 54 games - 64 points
NYR- 24 games - 13 points

He goes from 1.20 ppg to 0.54 ppg just like that.

In Montreal, there will be a system and more importantly, motivation. I would love to have him back.

You have made solid points. Ozo, though, I'm not too fond about. He's an errant defenceman, prone to making a Patrice-like pass in his own zone. He would just get cooked here by the fans.

Closed Thread