HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bubble Bunch

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Worildly game*

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Shockmaster

Carolina just took the lead 20-16 over Miami with 43 seconds left in the game.

Old
11-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Just outside the Wild Card spot.

Old
11-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Iggy Smalls

Wallace drops gw td against Carolina. I see not much has changed.

Old
11-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

The Steelers just don't know how to tank.

Jason Worilds played the game of his life. He is so much better on Woodley's side. Woodley has too big of a dead cap hit charge to release though IIRC.

Unfortunately Worilds is probably going to be Keenan Lewis 2.0. By that I mean a guy that the Steelers were probably right about when picking in the draft but by the time the switch went on they were both in contract years and priced themselves out of town.

I like the way Cam Heyward is playing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Smalls View Post
Wallace drops gw td against Carolina. I see not much has changed.
That would have been a really tough catch to be fair. Although I get your point. Wallace is a guy that catches the deep ball when he's wide open. He struggles to make the tough catch where he has to go up and fight for the ball etc.

Old
11-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

The steelers seem like they've been mediocre for years. Get embarrassed a couple times a year, but still find a way to win a decent amount of games. Stuck in that awkward spot between being good enough to make/do something in the playoffs and being bad enough to decide to blow it up and get a good draft pick. Frustrating but at least a little entertaining at the same time. I think I'd rather take ~.500 than a completely miserable season, even if it ends up being better in the long run.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:29 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
The steelers seem like they've been mediocre for years. Get embarrassed a couple times a year, but still find a way to win a decent amount of games. Stuck in that awkward spot between being good enough to make/do something in the playoffs and being bad enough to decide to blow it up and get a good draft pick. Frustrating but at least a little entertaining at the same time. I think I'd rather take ~.500 than a completely miserable season, even if it ends up being better in the long run.
That's what happens when you have a great QB and a mostly mediocre rest of the roster.

Man, do I say that a lot about certain Pittsburgh teams.

Anyways, great game by Worilds, at last. Heyward continues to show he is 1000 times better than Hood. Gay with a pick 6, say what??? And Le'Veon Bell.. kid is good. Also, Troy with a big game. If Clark goes next year, so be it.. but we aren't any better off without Troy.

Old
11-25-2013, 08:00 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Troy is still good. He's finally healthy and it shows. Unlike reed, he hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.

Old
11-25-2013, 09:03 AM
TheBeardofJustice

Le'veon Bell is a very exciting runner to watch. He has a strong set of legs. Yesterday, I saw him break three tackles and get an extra 5 yards for the first down. I feel like once he gets a lot more experience, and maybe we upgrade the o-line a little more, we could have a very successful running game.

Old
11-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Good for the Steelers, I know most of you wanted to flush the season and get a high pick but with a bit of luck they might get in that final playoff spot

As for my Pats, take that Peyton!!!! Again!!!

Old
11-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Good for the Steelers, I know most of you wanted to flush the season and get a high pick but with a bit of luck they might get in that final playoff spot

As for my Pats, take that Peyton!!!! Again!!!
I hope they make the playoffs at this point. I just hope they don't have to go back to New England again if/when they get there.

The Steelers/Ravens game on Thursday night will probably swing each teams season one way or the other. I think the winner probably goes on to win the wild card and the loser is probably done but you never know.

The Patriots comeback last night was amazing. I wouldn't have believed a team would be able to comeback from being down 24-0 at the half to Peyton Manning but they did. Peyton looked a little off last night though.

Old
11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I hope they make the playoffs at this point. I just hope they don't have to go back to New England again if/when they get there.

The Steelers/Ravens game on Thursday night will probably swing each teams season one way or the other. I think the winner probably goes on to win the wild card and the loser is probably done but you never know.

The Patriots comeback last night was amazing. I wouldn't have believed a team would be able to comeback from being down 24-0 at the half to Peyton Manning but they did. Peyton looked a little off last night though.
For sure, at this point anyways it looks like it won't be a top 10 pick so might as well go for it. I can't stand the Ravens so I'll be cheering the Steelers on Thursday

It was indeed an amazing comeback, as for Peyton well I won't say what I think of him

Oh and Wes can go...... himself too

Old
11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Brady stole Manning's thunder.

Old
11-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheBox View Post
Brady stole Manning's thunder.
Been a while too. Loved when they showed both players stats over the years and the receivers that Manning had over Brady with Tom still keeping up to Peyton all these years and always having the best of him!

Closed Thread