HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Harry Reid On Funding Childrens Cancer Treatment: "Why Would We Want To Do That?"

Old
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
I'm convinced that Ann Coulter is a professional troll who realized that she could make a truckload of money by riling up the right-wing rubes. I think people like Hannity and Beck genuinely believe the nonsense they spout, but with Coulter, I think it might just be a troll job.
I think the opposite. I think she makes her real buck knowing that she drives liberals up the wall with her insane ********. Controversy sells. Although personally I don't think that convincing the world you're an idiot is a very good job, but eh, she's making her buck.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Doppler Drift

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I think the opposite. I think she makes her real buck knowing that she drives liberals up the wall with her insane ********. Controversy sells. Although personally I don't think that convincing the world you're an idiot is a very good job, but eh, she's making her buck.
Pays well, and it appears to be a rather large market with no sign of saturation to this point. (Beck, Coulter, Jones, etc).

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:32 AM
mongolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
When it comes to bat guano loony it's pretty tough to beat this person.

And I have no doubts what so ever that she believes every word she writes or speaks.
Completely agreed. Fortunately Coulter only writes for the masses...unlike Bachmann that can actually influence law.

mongolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
I'm convinced that Ann Coulter is a professional troll who realized that she could make a truckload of money by riling up the right-wing rubes. I think people like Hannity and Beck genuinely believe the nonsense they spout, but with Coulter, I think it might just be a troll job.
I think there is some truth to this. I've heard stories that she's actually told people she doesn't believe half of what she says, and someone did once flat out ask her on a TV show if she was just an act, and it was almost a "Toto just pulled back the curtain" moment because she appeared speechless, then just plowed ahead with whatever she was talking about.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 01:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
When it comes to bat guano loony it's pretty tough to beat this person.

And I have no doubts what so ever that she believes every word she writes or speaks.
It's frightening that this woman (and other pols like her) are making decisions for the country.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Ugmo

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bachmann is one of the least effective House members, so it might indeed be more apt to compare her to Glenn Beck et al., as it appears she causes more damage through her public statements than her achievements as a legislator.

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 02:06 PM
qc

vCash: 2000
Don't worry, one more year til the ***** is gone. She's at least smart enough to not seek re-election.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 06:39 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bachmann is one of the least effective House members, so it might indeed be more apt to compare her to Glenn Beck et al., as it appears she causes more damage through her public statements than her achievements as a legislator.
She openly admitted once she does little for her district.

She's also now under investigation for campaign fraud. Of course, she's a Republican, which practically ensures she will never be punished.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote