HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumour TSN: Khabibulin to Detroit, CuJo to vancouver?

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2005, 05:31 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Khabibulin to Detroit? I can't see TB letting this happen. First they get screwed out of defending their Stanley Cup title the year after they win, and now they're going to lose their starting goaltender? I hope Tampa retains him. Like someone said before, Detroit should first try to find a way to score goals in the playoffs.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
youre kidding right? nazzy IS the heart and soul of that team. They would not be same team without him. I would let Bert go instead.
I'd keep Bert. Bert brings more to the table. And he can score, and play make just as well as Nazzy. He had an off year.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Tampa will probably re-sign him... he's a key part of their team, and they could afford to pay him the max there.

But Khabibulin is the type of player this off-season that should get the max contract on the market. There is a big drop off in goal after Khabibulin in FA, and there are a few teams out there that have goaltending concerns that could create a bidding war for Khabby.

In the end he'll be in Tampa IMO, but I wouldn't be all that suprised to see a few teams give him the max contract offer, after buying out or restructuring other areas of their team.

Besides Detroit and Vancouver, the Rangers, Senators, and possibly the Coyotes (depending on his relationship with the front office there), could all be interested in him.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:44 PM
JonathanTwinkleToews
is a Canuck fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
Senators could all be interested in him.
I'm actually more interested about Hasek. He said he'd play again, if the CBA was reached before January 2006, so unless he pulls a 180, he's back with the Senators.

But regardless of whether or not the Canucks sign Khabibulin, this will probably be the first time in a LONG time that the Canucks will sign an impact free agent. So excited.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:46 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyz15
I cant see Detroit getting this guy under the cap

After his playoof performance he deserves to be the highest payed goalie after Brodour

Only if he takes a big pay cut
you buyout, shanahan, whitney, hatcher, legace i hear might be bought out if we make a big pitch for a goaltender, and then we got a ton of money to sign a ufa or 2, an resign our youngsters.. it woldnt be too hard for the wings, tho itll be challanging, were just gonna have to buy some older UFA defensemen and forwards that are willing to take less and play for a contender.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:47 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
I'd keep Bert. Bert brings more to the table. And he can score, and play make just as well as Nazzy. He had an off year.
Just curious, why is there so much speculation that the nucks are only able to retain one of them? Is it because they wont be able to afford them both?

Old
07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
gobolt7

Nik Khabibulan is one of the next in line after to Marty St. Louis to get resigned. He will be playing in Tampa in the upcoming season.

The fact that Healy was spouting this garbage just makes me feel all the more confident that he will re-sign.

Old
07-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Isles72

didnt someone here say that Khabby is building a house in the Phoenix area ?

Old
07-13-2005, 06:00 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Just curious, why is there so much speculation that the nucks are only able to retain one of them? Is it because they wont be able to afford them both?
no it was first all the "Bert wants to be traded" talk...

and now this statement by Naslund's agent suggesting he's going to look at all options.

and people take that and figure we'll end up losing one or the other.

The canucks payroll situation is fine.... they have room to sign Naslund - even at the contract max, and retain their team... they even have enough to add a $2mill or so FA with all that... and there are enough contract options with buyouts, and no qualifying certain players, that the team can create more room if needed.

Old
07-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
Vancouver gave up something like 1 more shot per game over Ottawa.
Also, Vancouver finally got one decent season out of Cloutier... I think they'll be willing to see if lightning can strike twice.
But Cloutier got injured in the playoffs, and hasn't shaken the tag of a being a playoff choker. I'm sure we all remember Lidstrom's shot from center in 2002, or the 15 goals allowed on the last 60 shots in the Minnesota series. No matter how good he is in the regular season, until he has a year where he plays a full series and gets at least a 0.900 save percentage he won't be regarded as a top goalie.

Old
07-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72

Doesn't mean jack. He played there before and probably established family roots in AZ. Mike Peca still lives in the Buffalo area, and I doubt that he'd ever play for the Sabres again.

Old
07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Sotnos

Quote:

No, he bought a new house there. He's kept a house there since he left.

Old
07-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:

Yeah, JR still has a house in AZ. I don't see any rumours of him going to Pheonix...only a few of him being bought out and then going to Boston.

Old
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybruin
If the Canucks pick up Cujo Im quitting the team
Why? Cujo has been great for the team in the playoffs. The numbers dont lie, it's not really his fault the other guys couldn't score goals.

Old
07-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Aerolanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybruin
If the Canucks pick up Cujo Im quitting the team
You were on the team?

-------------------------

I don't know Nonis' style, but if he is anything like Brian Burke, CuJo will not become a Canuck.

Old
07-13-2005, 10:38 PM
ScottyBowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
That was no rumour, that was Healy making things up. Miller and McGuire laughed it off, saying they need to get under the cap and not spend more.

May as well close this thread.
No so fast.

It was also suggested in yesterday's Detroit news.

Mike Illitch will spend anything and buyout anyone if it means improving this team. Don't be surprised if the Bulin wall is in Detroit.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/05...D14-244521.htm

Old
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBowman
No so fast.

It was also suggested in yesterday's Detroit news.
Still doesn't mean it's anything more than idle speculation with nothing behind it.

If they do ditch the 04-05 contracts, there will be a LOT of teams interested in Khabi, the first of which will be the last team he played for.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
blitzkriegs

I'd like to see if VAN decides NOT to qualify/resign Cloutier in favor of bringing in another goaltender.

Then, if the AlMighty Burke of Anaheim signs his playoff go-to goaltender of years past...

Old
07-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Still doesn't mean it's anything more than idle speculation with nothing behind it.

If they do ditch the 04-05 contracts, there will be a LOT of teams interested in Khabi, the first of which will be the last team he played for.
I think Tampa's GM is smart enough to know that a good golatender, above all else, wins championships. IMO Khabby will be the priority signing whenever his contract expires.

Old
07-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I think Tampa's GM is smart enough to know that a good golatender, above all else, wins championships. IMO Khabby will be the priority signing whenever his contract expires.
His contract is expired now in fact ..

Old
07-14-2005, 02:25 AM
MattintheHatt

Quote:
^ true true. Man if Nazzy does go with the ducks and burke, wow talk about a twist right there. he would get booood so bad when in vancouver. I cant see it though, fedorov and nazzy? eeek

i thought he wanted to play in sweden. But i guess its all about the $?
Nah from what I've read into Naslund really didn't like playing in sweden as much as he thought he did. Same deal with Forsberg. I guess they realized that NHL hockey is the best

I think Naslund will resign with the Canucks...he's got a lot imbedded in the team and the city Especially if Bert stays.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Coffey77

I doubt Khabibulin is going anywhere, let alone Detroit.

Old
07-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
I'd like to see if VAN decides NOT to qualify/resign Cloutier in favor of bringing in another goaltender.

Then, if the AlMighty Burke of Anaheim signs his playoff go-to goaltender of years past...
Why would the Ducks want Cloutier when Giguere is better and Bryzgalov as a backup?

I don't see Khabibulin going anywhere. Like panasonic youth said, with everyone else restrictec, Khabibulin should be the first priority.

Old
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Chilly Willy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
How about Cujo stays in Detroit and Khabibulin goes to Vancouver instead, I think I like that deal better.

Yeah, i'd rather take our chances with Cloutier than get Cujo.

Old
07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

how about believing it when its done, TB would be crazy to give Khabibulin up he is the the best goalie in NHL behind Brodeur, if not as good the Dves do play a trapping systm which im sure helps Brodeur.

Closed Thread