HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal has poor odds for #1

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2005, 04:02 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
You mean Gainey?
The Sacred Pretzel.

Old
07-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Hey! My friend lost one ball, and he still lives, man.
Yeah, but what are his chances of ever getting Crosby...? Pretty slim, I'm betting.

Old
07-14-2005, 08:00 AM
flick0069

Draft Order:
1. Mtl ( 2.1%) 2. Chi ( 4.3%) 3. Min ( 4.4%) 4. Atl ( 4.7%) 5. Pit ( 7.3%) 6. Wsh ( 2.6%) 7. Buf ( 8.1%) 8. Col ( 2.9%) 9. CBJ ( 9.1%)10. Car ( 6.7%)11. Stl ( 3.6%)12. Ott ( 3.7%)13. Tam ( 3.8%)14. Cgy ( 8.0%)15. LAK ( 8.7%)16. Nsh ( 9.5%)17. Det ( 5.3%)18. SJS ( 5.6%)19. NJD ( 5.9%)20. NYI ( 6.3%)21. Fla ( 6.7%)22. Tor ( 7.1%)23. Van ( 7.7%)24. NYR ( 25.0%)25. Dal ( 11.1%)26. Phi ( 12.5%)27. Phx ( 28.6%)28. Bos ( 20.0%)29. Ana ( 50.0%)30. Edm (100.0%)

that's better1

Old
07-14-2005, 08:23 AM
E = CH˛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
D-natu-Guy!'s back, emmčne ton 6-pack pi embarque dans barraque !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
You know what really has to start a slow burn around the NHL with this whole draft lottery fiasco? The team that originated the mess, the one that screwed up the entire economics in the first place, the team that was the root cause of the NHL missing an entire year is the one with the most possible chance of winning the lottery.

Personally, I think the Rag$ should pick last based on principle alone. The fact that Sather (who, when in Edm actually said that if he had the budget of the Rag$ he'd win the Cup every year, *snort*) is so out to lunch that he can't put together a real team with THAT budget is no excuse at all for jipping the rest of the teams out of a larger chance at Crosby.

Good thing the league offices are in NY and the Rag$ have big (read: influential) backers.

ACF
Isn't it covenient that the sytem chosen gives the rags the best chance. If I didn't know better I'd think Bettman came up with that deliberately

Indeed why go back 3 years and use 3 balls ? Why not 4 balls so that teams who made the playoffs 2 out of 3 times (like Dallas and Mtl) aren't put in the same basket than teams who made it 3 times out of 3 ?

Why not weight it on the last year alone or the past 2 years, or the past 3, 5, 10, 100 years ? Why should a 3 year weighted lottery make more sense ?

No one can predict what the standings would have been or what they will be next season.

The current system is NOT fair since the slate is wiped clean, few teams will have the same look and past woes have been compensated for already with the Nash, Ovechkin, Stall, etc.

Thus trying to weight the draft in a way that is fair for everyone is an impossible task. Case in point the Calgary, Washington, Mtl and Dallas discrepancies with the current proposal. Why teams like Mtl, Was have as good of a chance than Det, Col, NJ but Calgary has a better chance than others ? Is Buffalo that much worse than the habs or Isles ? The system doesn't make any sense. Any proposal that puts certain team at an uncalled for disadvantage compared to others can't be a good system. No weighted system can be perfect. Thus the only system that can be fair and logic is 30 balls, one for each team.

I don't complain from a habs fan perspective so much as a NHL fan who thinks that this method is ridiculous and bush league. I really don't care about the results themselves. It's just that it's a dumb system, but what's done is done and I don't have any power over it...

Old
07-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Poochie_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
You mean Gainey?
meant god hahaha meaning : it would be too good to be true

Old
07-14-2005, 10:22 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Well unless if the deal was too good...but it would be risky for a team to trade Crosby when he is just starting an nhl career. He has the potential to be a GREAT PLAYER
It's not risky if the Habs offer solid NHLers and some prospects of value.

Old
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
It's not risky if the Habs offer solid NHLers and some prospects of value.

The Avs have been doing it every season or so. Why not Gainey? He's got the tools and the gonades.

Closed Thread