HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Official Aleksander Barkov Calder Watch Thread!

Old
10-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Erikfromfin

vCash: 500
My fault the preseason stats. i apologize must have looked wrong stat then or boxscore was wrong dont punish me. regular season stat is ok tho

There was nobody saying Barkov is youngest goalscorer ever in NHL. everyones whos said this say his Modern NHL youngest goalscorer

Last edited by Erikfromfin: 10-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Erikfromfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 06:37 AM
JPG

I can't believe he just turned 18 a month before the season started.

JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 07:57 AM
wunderpanda
enter PHo Botts

Youngest since expansion era started 1967 and since WW2 Nearly a different league, much like the pre-6 team era is largely forgotten. Great start for Barkov

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 08:01 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Youngest since expansion era started 1967 and since WW2 Nearly a different league, much like the pre-6 team era is largely forgotten. Great start for Barkov
the ww2 league was way more watered down than post the expansions, so yeah

nevertheless, its very impressive and i do honestly believe that the record won't be breaken for a very long time

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 08:39 AM
RainingRats

I'm so impressed with Barkov's hands and composure. And to play the way he did at 18 is so damn impressive. He's going to be better than Huberdeau who will be an All-Star. Finally getting legit offensive talent in our top 6.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
kelsier

When you look at his age and think of what his already achieved you can only wonder what kind of a golden path he has stored for the future. There will never be another Teemu Selänne, but we have something entirely different right here.

kelsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Yeah, and what's cool to think about too is that Sasha will play for five seasons which to us will feel like forever, then you look up and he'll only be 22 years old.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Rats96Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsier View Post
There will never be another Teemu Selänne
It really makes you not only appreciate, but marvel in amazement at what it took to have that kind of year as a rookie. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it.

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:20 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I mentioned this on the main board. Just imagine what our top centers will look like in a few years:

Barkov
6-3/4, 220lbs

Bjugstad
6-5/6, 230lbs (thanks MR)

Shore
6-3/4 200lbs

When was the last time we had that much height down the middle We are going to be a pain to play against once these guys gain some more size and experience!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikfromfin View Post
My fault the preseason stats. i apologize must have looked wrong stat then or boxscore was wrong dont punish me. regular season stat is ok tho

There was nobody saying Barkov is youngest goalscorer ever in NHL. everyones whos said this say his Modern NHL youngest goalscorer
There was someone saying this in the GDT. I went back to look and the post has been deleted. I remember them even mentioning early on in the thread that he only had tonight(Thursday Game #1) to do it because he would have been 1day older then the youngest if he did it in Saturdays game(tonight). Post was deleted though but I know it was there.

It doesn't matter because Barkov's goal is a real accomplishment and those guys who were younger then him when they scored were only here because the NHL were short players because of the war and the implemented draft for the war.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Our beat writers are saying Barch in for Shore, with Thomas in net for tonight's game in St. Louis.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:06 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Our beat writers are saying Barch in for Shore, with Thomas in net for tonight's game in St. Louis.

-ghoste
i hate shore in the pressbox. he should be in SA if thats the case

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats96Yo View Post
It really makes you not only appreciate, but marvel in amazement at what it took to have that kind of year as a rookie. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it.
Was a different game back then though, canīt really compare different eras. His rookie record is one of those that will probably never be broken.

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Android 16

MacKinnon's first assist was a great no look pass by him. His second assist is credited to the guy finishing the play otherwise not really a scoring opportunity. His third assist, same thing as the second one.

Also, I've heard people say that Barkov's first goal was ugly and lucky. But, if that's true than most of the goals that Gallagher scored last year were ugly and lucky too. There's nothing easy about being a net-presence in this league. Barkov's puck was flat on the spin he did. Daley jumped in the net to protect anything from going in since Lethonen was tied up with Boyes who got pushed on top of him. Daley was there but Barkov managed to get the puck past him.

A great goal. Fantastic start by Sasha. Hopefully he can keep up the great play.

We also won't have to wait long before MacKinnon's first goal. He's going to be in the Calder race baring injury; no doubt in my mind.

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
MacKinnon's first assist was a great no look pass by him. His second assist is credited to the guy finishing the play otherwise not really a scoring opportunity. His third assist, same thing as the second one.

Also, I've heard people say that Barkov's first goal was ugly and lucky. But, if that's true than most of the goals that Gallagher scored last year were ugly and lucky too. There's nothing easy about being a net-presence in this league. Barkov's puck was flat on the spin he did. Daley jumped in the net to protect anything from going in since Lethonen was tied up with Boyes who got pushed on top of him. Daley was there but Barkov managed to get the puck past him.

A great goal. Fantastic start by Sasha. Hopefully he can keep up the great play.

We also won't have to wait long before MacKinnon's first goal. He's going to be in the Calder race baring injury; no doubt in my mind.

A goal is a goal is a goal. They all count the same, and they all pass the goal line. Barkov had a good hockey goal. He went to the net and put the puck in it off a rebound -- how many, many goals are scored in the NHL. Was it a pretty snipe? No, but we all know he is more than capable of doing so. Barkov can score 30 garbage goals for all I care. I love that he goes to the net and picks up the trash -- we've never had that on this team. Need more of it. I love it.

People will always find a reason to complain or discredit a goal. If he had a clean snipe, there would be posts saying the goalie should have saved it and that it just looked pretty. If there was a screen, somebody would post that the goalie had no chance and it was easy. It was a garbage goal and people posted it was ugly and Lehtonen was interfered with.

You can discredit any goal if you really want to.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post

And NHL is also writing this and Monahan's goal in the article with Barkov..I mean who cares? They did not get the record but Barkov did! Should be all about him!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:41 PM
thomast

That was big goal for the cats. It gave Panthers momentum. It's always a good thing when young kid steps up when team needs him. Great sign for his very promising NHL career. I know that Barkov is very loyal kid. Unless Panthers are the bottom team for next 7 years i wouldn't be suprised if he plays his entire career there.

thomast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
That was big goal for the cats. It gave Panthers momentum. It's always a good thing when young kid steps up when team needs him. Great sign for his very promising NHL career. I know that Barkov is very loyal kid. Unless Panthers are the bottom team for next 7 years i wouldn't be suprised if he plays his entire career there.
He strikes me as that type.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Miami Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by I May Be Wrong View Post
A goal is a goal is a goal. They all count the same, and they all pass the goal line. Barkov had a good hockey goal. He went to the net and put the puck in it off a rebound -- how many, many goals are scored in the NHL. Was it a pretty snipe? No, but we all know he is more than capable of doing so. Barkov can score 30 garbage goals for all I care. I love that he goes to the net and picks up the trash -- we've never had that on this team. Need more of it. I love it.

People will always find a reason to complain or discredit a goal. If he had a clean snipe, there would be posts saying the goalie should have saved it and that it just looked pretty. If there was a screen, somebody would post that the goalie had no chance and it was easy. It was a garbage goal and people posted it was ugly and Lehtonen was interfered with.

You can discredit any goal if you really want to.
Spot on. Positioning is everything in hockey. Where are most goals scored in the NHL? In the front of the net. Go to the front of the net and good things will happen. It certainly doesn't hurt that he is an absolute moose and pretty much impossible to knock off the puck. He was in the right place at the right time and buried it. Can't ask for more

Miami Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Rats96Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
Was a different game back then though, canīt really compare different eras. His rookie record is one of those that will probably never be broken.
Oh yeah, there were soooo many rookies scoring 70+ goals a year back then

It's all relative, didn't think I needed to point that out.

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats96Yo View Post
Oh yeah, there were soooo many rookies scoring 70+ goals a year back then

It's all relative, didn't think I needed to point that out.
Itīs a different era, didnīt think Iīd have to clear that out again
In the 80īs and early 90īs 80 goal seasons were the norm for top scorers. When Selanne did it, it was on par with other scorers during that time. Great season for a rookie, much like when Ovechkin had his rookie season in the NHL.

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:50 AM
urho

How did he play the 2nd game? I watched about 1,5 periods, until then he was doing okay... But then again, in 7-0 game there can't be many who had a good game, right?

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
MMANumminen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
Itīs a different era, didnīt think Iīd have to clear that out again
In the 80īs and early 90īs 80 goal seasons were the norm for top scorers. When Selanne did it, it was on par with other scorers during that time. Great season for a rookie, much like when Ovechkin had his rookie season in the NHL.

There are 3 (THREE) players in the history of NHL who has scored 80 goals

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...l-players.html

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 10-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
MMANumminen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
How did he play the 2nd game? I watched about 1,5 periods, until then he was doing okay... But then again, in 7-0 game there can't be many who had a good game, right?
You really can't evaluate a kid based on his second game in the NHL, but i think he looks exceptional. He had one really sneaky takeaway from behind someone's back. The way he skates and is so smooth with the puck and hard to knock down really reminds me of Datsyuk.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANumminen View Post
The noob and ignorance is strong here

There are 3 (THREE) players in the history of NHL who has scored 80 goals

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...l-players.html
Ok so don't take him literally....I got his point, Hull and Gretzky were regularly having70-80 goal seasons back then. Practically every team had a 50 goal scorer. Not having a guy score 30 goals on your team was unheard of. Mogilny had 76 the same year Selanne did IIRC. Not 80, but same difference.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote