HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim looking for young defenceman

Old
10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I realize that Fowler's turning 22 later this year, but he's approaching 200 games to his career. Wouldn't you agree that he hasn't progressed to play a bigger role after an impressive rookie year? Maybe the scouts were onto something when concerns were raised and his stock dropped on draft day?
I am not a Ducks fan...but this is funny. Fowler:
was drafted 12 overall
IS 4th in career points from his draft year...only Hall, Seguin and Skinner are ahead
If he gets 20 points this year, STILL no one else will pass him from his drafty year
IS 1st in D-man points from his draft year...more than double the next D-man
WAS the 3rd D-man drafted...has 80 points
The 3rd highest scoring D-man from his draft has 12 points in 105 games.
In his "impressive" year, he was -25, last year -4

Maybe we should have some tolerance for a 21 year old D-man who so far, is in the top 5 drafted players from his draft class.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Me and ALOT of season ticket holders whom I meet regularly for tail gating parties would be pissed off. If that trade went through I would boycott going to Ducks games and ask Murray to be fired. Etem is a well known name in Anaheim and apparently everywhere else in the hockey world. Hell just look at the pages of trade proposals? Etem's name is almost on every page.
Classic, don't ever change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Strange, where in my post did you see my desire to put Gibson at RW? Gonna go out on a limb and say I know a little bit about Gibson.....maybe a little more than you!
Well considering the speculation in this thread is around Anaheim being willing to move a forward (not a goaltender), I dunno. Anaheim aren't going to trade their only potential franchise goalie when Hiller is a UFA at end of the year and Fasth has 1 year after that and both of them are in their 30's.

As for knowing more about Gibson, good for you, I bet that's a great conversation starter, hey it got us talking huh?

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 09:50 AM
B4NND1T*

tanev and a 2nd for etem?

B4NND1T* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Robot View Post
Immediately able to help
Second pair or better
Defensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I'd say the bolded are what is actually NEEDED. The price the Ducks will need to pay/be willing to pay would be based on how many of those things are included.
As a couple others have said, this sounds like Nikita Nikitin. He's a Swiss Army knife kind of player if not excellent at any one thing. 27-YO making $2.15 in the last year of a deal.

Old
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammettf2b View Post
hmmm... I would have thought they would want a veteran
jml!!!

But clearly they'd want Toronto to eat salary...

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Vokouna Maattata
#PouliotWatch2015

Quote:
I KNEW Etem would be brought up in this thread. I say hell no and trade us Bennett and unite the california kids IN California. The pieces going your way are negotiable.
Okay, that seems fair. You keep your good F prospect, and we trade our only one? Pefect logic. Pens aren't going to trade Bennett, he's the only F prospect worth noting. It doesn't matter where he was born. At all. If that were true, Gibson for Despres would be a fantastic deal.

The whole premise of keeping a player because he was born there is beyond dumb. Pens traded Malone, and nothing bad happened. The idea that fans have of keeping homegrown players or trading for players from their city is dumb. Pens fans are guilty of it with Umberger, Malone and Gibson (the last one makes sense). Just as an example, if the Pens had Gibson, but also had Markstrom and Lehner, I'd trade Gibson for a position of need.

Bennett isn't moving, but this isn't what this thread is about. Just in terms of the Pens, for Despres, one of Palmieri, Etem or Silfverberg must be coming back. If not, he won't be traded to you. You won't be getting an elite prospect for 2 lesser prospects or a lesser prospect and a 2nd.

Last edited by Vokouna Maattata: 10-04-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Vokouna Maattata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Whitaker View Post
Something around Brendan Smith and Peter Holland?
We already have way to many Forwards as is, And Holland and Babcock aren't willing to give up on Smith quite yet. We need better defensive help not more forwards.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Canadian Canuck
Horvat=King

Frank Corrado and 3rd 2014 for Emerson Etem

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:45 AM
predshabs

Is Silfverberg available? If so do the any of the Predators Defenseman that interest you for him, we could add something else if need be.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Montreal has plenty. Take your pick !

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Okay, that seems fair. You keep your good F prospect, and we trade our only one? Pefect logic. Pens aren't going to trade Bennett, he's the only F prospect worth noting. It doesn't matter where he was born. At all. If that were true, Gibson for Despres would be a fantastic deal.

The whole premise of keeping a player because he was born there is beyond dumb. Pens traded Malone, and nothing bad happened. The idea that fans have of keeping homegrown players or trading for players from their city is dumb. Pens fans are guilty of it with Umberger, Malone and Gibson (the last one makes sense). Just as an example, if the Pens had Gibson, but also had Markstrom and Lehner, I'd trade Gibson for a position of need.

Bennett isn't moving, but this isn't what this thread is about. Just in terms of the Pens, for Despres, one of Palmieri, Etem or Silfverberg must be coming back. If not, he won't be traded to you. You won't be getting an elite prospect for 2 lesser prospects or a lesser prospect and a 2nd.
To your 2nd paragraph. Fans have a high expectation for Etem he was born here in SOCAL which is a professional hockey rarity. This isn't canada nor Minnesota. When a 1st round pick that is drafted by it's hometown team people get attached. Hell I am and most ducks fans. He was on season tickets as well as in the media. He has a huge spotlight here, and most ducks fans find him untouchable. He is a face of the franchise as soon as marketing kicks in on him. You aren't getting Etem period. Because you're east Coast you don't know what a viable commodity is especially after having a 4th line role and busting you're ass for a top 6 role being a
California kid being drafted by a California team.

Last edited by Ducksgo*: 10-04-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Stormcrow

I could possibly see Toronto offering up either Granberg or Blacker but I am not sure what a fair player coming back from Anaheim would be.

I don't really think that the Ducks would want Liles even if the Leafs took back some salary.

Peter Holland would be interesting coming back but I have no idea what the value is. He looked really promising in the AHL but doesn't seem to be able to translate that into the NHL. Maybe a change of scenery and some more AHL time for him to develop would work out.

Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
shogun99

What would Anaheim offer for Klefbom? Edmonton would want a goalie or center prospect in return.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
caliamad

Dreger said ducks are talking to toronto, piitsburg, and philly in the tsn article. From those teams im hoping we are targeting coburn, orpik, schenn. I dont know enough rest of defenseman.

orpik doesnt fall in the young category but seems like what we need with all the youbg talented defensmen we have.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Stormcrow

Blacker+ for Holland?

(ps if this was offered before I am sorry, I haven't read the whole thread)

Old
10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
First of all young D means established to me. Prospectwise we have enough. I doubt that one of Bonino, Palmeri and Etem gets traded.

Bonino is instrumental for the PP
Palmeri has signed a great contract for the Ducks
Etem is the future face for SoCal hockey

On the block for me are:
Sbisa - stopped progressing
Hiller - one of the goalies will go, Fasth is as good and Andersen + Gibson are pushing
Devante Smith-Pelly - needs a fresh start
Holland - has to make the next step, not sure if Anaheim is the place
The first rounders 2014

I also have Cam Fowler on my list if the returning player is good enough. I'd give up Fowler if for example Bogosian or McDonagh would come the other way. But then, this kind of trades do not happen. I think Cam also stopped to progress.
Unless that + with Fowler is astronomical, then I don't see that ever happening.

I could see Del Zotto moved. We just have such a surplus of LHD that something has got to give.

10-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Blacker+ for Holland?

You don't have to everyone's asking for Etem. This thread is dead in the water bro as soon as Etem was mentioned.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Stormcrow

I figured that Etem would not be available but I think Holland needs a change of scenery.
What would Anaheim want for Holland?

Old
10-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

With the Ducks not really having the cap space to take on Niskanen for a draft pick, or Laganiere , I am not so sure there is a meaningful deal for the Pens here, if it is to be a forward coming back.

Even if we talk a guy like Etem. He is a talented kid but doesn't address any needs for the 2013/2014 Pens.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
sd1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Quite well, actually. You may have noticed Beauchemin was 4th in Norris voting last season.
And you beleive that to be the norm rather than the exception do you?

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
With the Ducks not really having the cap space to take on Niskanen for a draft pick, or Laganiere , I am not so sure there is a meaningful deal for the Pens here, if it is to be a forward coming back.

Even if we talk a guy like Etem. He is a talented kid but doesn't address any needs for the 2013/2014 Pens.
True...but Despres for Gibson fills gaps for both teams.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:46 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
i mentioned on the ducks board i wouldn't mind cody franson is he still expendable for the leafs
Not right now. Franson is the Leafs' most consistent dman and it would likely take a lot for them to consider it at this point of the season.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Blacker+ for Holland?

Both players will no longer be exempt from waivers next year so it makes some sense.

But I 'd have to think Holland has more value and upside.

To date Blacker has failed to show that he can even be a top AHLer and is very quickly approaching bust status.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
To your 2nd paragraph. Fans have a high expectation for Etem he was born here in SOCAL which is a professional hockey rarity. This isn't canada nor Minnesota. When a 1st round pick that is drafted by it's hometown team people get attached. Hell I am and most ducks fans. He was on season tickets as well as in the media. He has a huge spotlight here, and most ducks fans find him untouchable. He is a face of the franchise as soon as marketing kicks in on him. You aren't getting Etem period. Because you're east Coast you don't know what a viable commodity is especially after having a 4th line role and busting you're ass for a top 6 role being a
California kid being drafted by a California team.
As a fan in Texas, who really couldn't care less about where a player is from, Etem is just untouchable to me because I believe he's quite easily our best forward prospect. I think he's going to out-perform Palmieri by the end of the year.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Robot View Post
Question about the situation in Anaheim. You guys are hurting on defense because of injuries so you need someone short term but you have a good amount of defensive prospects so you are good for the long term. Usually if you are looking for a good young defenseman its more than just a short term injury replacement so in this case you would have been looking for a young defensive second pair guy regardless, if i'm understanding this right.

Needs to be.
Young
Immediately able to help
Second pair or better
Defensive
Reasonable cap hit.

Cant think of anything thats available that fits the description
Michael Del Zotto fits the bill, and can be had since NY has McDonagh, Staal, Moore at LD, but he isn't being given away.

Is there a match? Add pieces for combo deal?
Rangers are vs. the cap, fyi, as to salary.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote