HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim looking for young defenceman

Old
10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Dreger said ducks are talking to toronto, piitsburg, and philly in the tsn article. From those teams im hoping we are targeting coburn, orpik, schenn. I dont know enough rest of defenseman.
The price tag on Coburn or LSchenn is going to be way higher than Meszaros.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
As a fan in Texas, who really couldn't care less about where a player is from, Etem is just untouchable to me because I believe he's quite easily our best forward prospect. I think he's going to out-perform Palmieri by the end of the year.
Pens would take Palmieri off your hands.

Still say Despres for Palmieri is fair. Both longterm solutions. Cheap. And both are around the same stage in development.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:02 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Michael Del Zotto fits the bill, and can be had since NY has McDonagh, Staal, Moore at LD, but he isn't being given away.

Is there a match? Add pieces for combo deal?
Rangers are vs. the cap, fyi, as to salary.
No offense, but when I think of Michael Del Zotto, I don't think of "defensive." By no means am I saying anything less about his defensive abilities, just that his playing style does not really fit what we're looking for.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Pens would take Palmieri off your hands.

Still say Despres for Palmieri is fair. Both longterm solutions. Cheap. And both are around the same stage in development.
I'd love this deal. I proposed it a few months ago. I bet Palmieri could work his way up to Crosby's wing and be nasty with him too.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:07 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
No offense, but when I think of Michael Del Zotto, I don't think of "defensive." By no means am I saying anything less about his defensive abilities, just that his playing style does not really fit what we're looking for.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Sure, MDZ is not the clear cut lights out shutdown d you see in Marc Staal --- few are --- but I think his D is generally all around reasonably solid. Sure you can find the odd lapse or 2, but overall, more of defensive solution than a def. problem.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:09 AM
avsfansince95

you can have matt hunwick

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Not right now. Franson is the Leafs' most consistent dman and it would likely take a lot for them to consider it at this point of the season.
Phaneuf might have something to say about that.

Franson has played extremely well through the first 2 games though.

If Phaneuf is re-inked and Rielly with the team on a permanent basis by next season (at the latest) I see one of Gardiner or Franson likely gone by the start of next season.

There is only so many offensive opportunities to go around. Phaneuf is a lock for his minutes and Rielly is the future. So it will likely come down to one of Gardiner/Franson who need to be played in offensive situations to fully maximize their skillset but only enough minutes for one of them as we'd be better off having a top defensive Dman play in one of their spots like an Alzner, Orpik, Hjalmarsson, Methot, Seidenberg type to help get down our weak 5 on 5 goals against.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

MDZ is not a good defensive player, and only gets worse as teams get to target his pairing in the playoffs.

Buffalo can't help you if the Ducks need a stopper, but if Murray is just looking to trade for the hell of it (and when isn't he?) we've got McBain, and possibly Brayden McNabb.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

The Devils are presently using Peter Harrold over Mark Fayne, for whatever reason. We also have Eric Gélinas who's more then NHL ready and would greatly improve our blueline but there's just no place for him ATM.

Something around Fayne for a forward prospect might be favorable for both teams. You can always take #28 (can't type his name cause I'll get notious, so check roster for more info) off our hands.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

If it's the Leafs.

I would say it is either Holzer or Blacker, both guys have slipped on our depth chart due to Percy, Macwilliam, and Granberg moving to the Marlies this year. Not sure what Anaheim has that we need. Since we also need a solid D man too.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Dreger said ducks are talking to toronto, piitsburg, and philly in the tsn article. From those teams im hoping we are targeting coburn, orpik, schenn. I dont know enough rest of defenseman.

orpik doesnt fall in the young category but seems like what we need with all the youbg talented defensmen we have.
If Dreger is right about it being those three teams...

From Toronto I'm guessing it's Gunnarsson.

Phaneuf, Franson, Rielly and Ranger all seem like unlikely candidates to get traded. And Gardiner and Fraser have already been with the Ducks quite recently, which makes them less likely too.

From Philadelphia it could be almost anyone...

The age aspect eliminates Timonen and Streit. Meszaros is available, and I imagine Coburn, Grossmann, Gustafsson and Bourdon are available too depending on the return.

From Pittsburgh there's Niskanen, Bortuzzo and Despres...

Gunnarsson, Meszaros, Coburn, Grossmann and Niskanen would all slot into the Ducks top 4. But frankly, anyone of them would have to play a bigger role than they are used to with all the Ducks injuries, which could make anyone of them look bad. Knowing Murray, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick up Bourdon or Bortuzzo. Both would upgrade the Ducks in a physical aspect, but neither are top 4 defenseman (yet anyways).

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
mpp9

Quote:
I'd love this deal. I proposed it a few months ago. I bet Palmieri could work his way up to Crosby's wing and be nasty with him too.
Yep. He's a great fit here. DB type of player.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
MDZ is not a good defensive player, and only gets worse as teams get to target his pairing in the playoffs.

He wasn't a good defensive player his rookie and sophomore season. Assuming he still isn't a good defensive player is a terrific way to expose how little you actually know about his game. Personally, I don't think you've watched more than a handful of shifts over the last 2 season's of MDZ.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvs View Post
From Philadelphia it could be almost anyone...

The age aspect eliminates Timonen and Streit. Meszaros is available, and I imagine Coburn, Grossmann, Gustafsson and Bourdon are available too depending on the return.
Bourdon is injured, and may never play again.

Mezsaros obviously needs to be moved, and could probably be had. Coburn--I don't know. That would leave them with Luke Schenn and the old and infirm on the blueline. I'd think he'd only be moved in a bigger deal than either team is likely to want at this stage of the season.

DSP would look awesome in orange, but I doubt there's a deal to be made there.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
caliamad

I dont see how mezaros is an option unless philly can take souray (ltir till jan). Also keeo in mind we already have a lot tweeners... Lovejoy fistric and the kids. We want someone to carry our 2nd pairing.

coburn and fransom seem like the best fits. Ducks would be offering sbisa and a forward I think. Dsp holland maybe even bonino. I doubt etem or palmieri is moved unless its a real good young stud like schenn.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
tony d
The man

Bit surprising Anaheim would want a young defenseman given the fact they have a bevy of them in Fowler and Lindholm. I figure they'd go for a veteran 1.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Bit surprising Anaheim would want a young defenseman given the fact they have a bevy of them in Fowler and Lindholm. I figure they'd go for a veteran 1.
I think Lebrun is inaccurate. What he means is that they don't want a rental. Think Coburn or franson.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
MintoMadDogsKiller18*
Go Leafs Go!

Toronto has lots of young defencemen!

MintoMadDogsKiller18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:51 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
He wasn't a good defensive player his rookie and sophomore season. Assuming he still isn't a good defensive player is a terrific way to expose how little you actually know about his game. Personally, I don't think you've watched more than a handful of shifts over the last 2 season's of MDZ.
MDZ's not consistent enough to be the best defensive player on a top four pairing or go against top lines, which is what the Ducks are asking for. That, plus his cost of acquisition because of his offensive production makes him a non-starter for any team looking for defensive help on their blueline.

And he's still not a great skater or decision-maker. He's gotten both up to "adequate" to go with his offensive and transition abilities, and people wrongly think he isn't physical because of his role, point totals, and early-career minuses, but he's someone who can still be exploited by the type of matchups he's liable to run into in postseason play.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:55 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
Coburn to anaheim for whatever philly wants

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Kevin Danko
Couple of Drinks Bud

vCash: 897
Anaheim and every other team in the league not named the St. Louis Blues.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:03 PM
OCSportsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
The price tag on Coburn or LSchenn is going to be way higher than Meszaros.
I dont think it is the price tag, I believe the Ducks are willing to part with some good players.

Coburn for Sbisa and one of the following (Holland/DSP/2014 1st).
or
Coburn + (I dont know throw something in that would work) for Sbisa and Palms/Etem

If not then what would you take, but we would have to send equal salary back.

With Lindholm/Vatanen/Fowler/Theodore we need the Physical shut down player for the next few years. Maybe even two of them, but we need a good one now.

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:08 PM
muckbin15
parros16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
I dont think it is the price tag, I believe the Ducks are willing to part with some good players.

Coburn for Sbisa and one of the following (Holland/DSP/2014 1st).
or
Coburn + (I dont know throw something in that would work) for Sbisa and Palms/Etem

If not then what would you take, but we would have to send equal salary back.

With Lindholm/Vatanen/Fowler/Theodore we need the Physical shut down player for the next few years. Maybe even two of them, but we need a good one now.
etem is pretty much untouchable. Cali boy will keep fans in the seats when teemu retires

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:14 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
And you beleive that to be the norm rather than the exception do you?
Is that relevant? Beauchemin has ALWAYS been a beast for Anaheim. If Gardiner ever gets to the level Beauch is at now, I will be shocked.

NEWFowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Goon42

edler for bobby ryan!

Goon42 is offline   Reply With Quote