HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

I might feal sorry for leaf fans

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan
Since when do you have Koivu, Ribeiro, Ryder, Bulis, Dagenais under contract?
It is a sure thing! They are RFA and they aint leaving.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab
Im not trolling, Im having a conversation, Is it that hard to understand, maybe you should go buy some candy.
When you back up your debate with 'your team sucks', it can be easily confused with trolling...troll.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:03 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Jealous, wtf would I be jealous for the Leafs prospects, that is the biggest laugh I've gotten on this message board ever, Leafs don't rank up to the habs prospects in any means. Leafs Suck!

Before you make your claim of having the biggest laugh, look back at the last AHL season and you will see the Leafs farm team did better than the Habs farm team.

Not laughing so much now are ya?

Yes, these are our prospects as were yours.
Yes, our prospects acheived more than yours.

So, if you're going to make claims that Leaf prospects don't rank up to Habs prospects, bring some facts and lets talk hockey...you won't last.

You come in here laughing, and we'll send you back to the Habs board crying. It's what we do baby!

Old
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
It is a sure thing! They are RFA and they aint leaving.
Since when could your poor team afford them? Dam habos.

I love the title of this thread too.

"I might feal sorry for leaf fans"

We all pitty you.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
Before you make your claim of having the biggest laugh, look back at the last AHL season and you will see the Leafs farm team did better than the Habs farm team.

Not laughing so much now are ya?

So, if you're going to make claims that Leaf prospects don't rank up to Habs prospects, bring some facts and lets talk hockey...you won't last.

You come in here laughing, and we'll send you back to the Habs board crying. It's what we do baby!

that doesn't say a damn thing, Perezhogin is in Europe and so are a couple others. We didn't have the full effect out there.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:06 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
Since when could your poor team afford them? Dam habos.

I love the title of this thread too.

"I might feal sorry for leaf fans"

We all pitty you.

wtf, we have had them for years and they've gone through FA and we signed them, The way I see it, the habs have cap room and we can do whatever the hell we want, the leafs, well Good Luck with that.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:06 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
Ohh come on. They had to get the Habs prospects used to losing.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:07 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
wtf, we have had them for years and they've gone through FA and we signed them, The way I see it, the habs have cap room and we can do whatever the hell we want, the leafs, well Good Luck with that.
What's wrong with Leafs cap room space. Atleast we've got our stars signed.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
wtf, we have had them for years and they've gone through FA and we signed them, The way I see it, the habs have cap room and we can do whatever the hell we want
Yes you have some more cap space. Also, you haven't signed the vast majority of your keyplayers yet. Byebye salary space...

Old
07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
What's wrong with Leafs cap room space. Atleast we've got our stars signed.
What stars? Sundin

haha, lol, and Last year the habs went to second round just like the leafs and did you see our payroll?

can the leafs do it without buying players? we'll see.

btw, Is this conversation against the rules, If so I will stop immediatelty, I just like arguing with the leaf fans, it makes my day.

I guess I got warnings, Im out.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Quote:
did you see our payroll?
That payroll which was like $10 million higher than the cup winners?

Old
07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
that doesn't say a damn thing, Perezhogin is in Europe and so are a couple others. We didn't have the full effect out there.

Wah wah wah, baby wanna bottle?

Oh, you made the claim that our prospects don't rank up, and then has an EXCUSE when we present the facts.

Next you're going to say that one of your players were injured and blah blah blah.

At the end of the season, our team was superior to yours, you have no argument in that sense.

I feel like I got you backpeddling.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Aki Berg

Quote:
What stars? Sundin

haha, lol, and Last year the habs went to second round just like the leafs and did you see our payroll?

can the leafs do it without buying ****? we'll see.
And got swept like punks. At least the Leafs put up some kind of fight with Philly. Montreal just rolled over and played dead.

Aki says go away troll.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Please stop accusing people of trolling and filling the thread with discussions about it. I am warning people when necesarry.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Berg
And got swept like punks. At least the Leafs put up some kind of fight with Philly. Montreal just rolled over and played dead.

Aki says go away troll.

And on the flipside to that Aki is that the Leafs made a heck of a lot more money than the Habs. In the end this is a business. And in business sense, we always win!

Old
07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
True. But I would really like to hear her explanation on how Ballard "made things the way they were supposed to be."
Lets explain this as if i was a 'hab' fan ...back in the Ballard days the leafs drafted players as 'favors' and drafted people that were not deserving because Ballard wanted it that way, he also forbade the signing of Soviet players (the Leafs otherwise were prepared to draft Federov before the Wings picked him, but were overruled by Ballard) ...he also traded players to 'spite' other players if they did not meet his demands (McDonald/Sittler) ...basically he ruined the organization while he was the owner ...my god, he hired Gord Stellick as GM (John Kordic trade with Mtl for Russ Courtnall)
...therefor if I was a MTL Hab fan I would have loved it when Ballard was the owner of the Leafs and "made things the way they were supposed to be." ...otherwise the Leafs may have actually been contenders before his death. (which is the only time I remember myself cheering at an Obituary)

Old
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan
That payroll which was like $10 million higher than the cup winners?
I'll give you that one, I can't believe I was warned on here, and one of the warnings was for a guy calling me names. It wasn't even my post, like get it straight, I guess a little fun went to far. Im gone, people can't even discuss things rationally these days, pfft. Im outta here.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
What stars? Sundin

btw, Is this conversation against the rules, If so I will stop immediatelty, I just like arguing with the leaf fans, it makes my day.

I'm still surprised no one in Quebec has any faith in the Habs.

I honestly feel sorry for Hab fans, they had to go begging to an American to keep the team in business. It will be sad to see him move it like they did the Expos.

How the once proud franchise has fallen into such a state is truly amazing.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
What stars? Sundin

What stars do you have?

Old
07-14-2005, 09:20 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Quote:
I'll give you that one, I can't believe I was warned on here, and one of the warnings was for a guy calling me names. It wasn't even my post, like get it straight, I guess a little fun went to far. Im gone, people can't even discuss things rationally these days, pfft. Im outta here.
Things like "1967" have no use in any discussion but to troll; they add nothing to the discussion. I had just told you to clean up your entire act, so if you refuse to listen...

You are free to discuss, not to troll. If you have any more remarks or questions, make them via PM.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
I'm still surprised no one in Quebec has any faith in the Habs.

I honestly feel sorry for Hab fans, they had to go begging to an American to keep the team in business. It will be sad to see him move it like they did the Expos.

How the once proud franchise has fallen into such a state is truly amazing.
Im not in quebec and by the way, We are a big hockey market just like toronto and we get over 20,000 fans a night and sell out with 21, 273 a lot. We are successful financially IMO.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:31 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Im not in quebec and by the way, We are a big hockey market just like toronto and we get over 20,000 fans a night and sell out with 21, 273 a lot. We are successful financially IMO.
It's okay. Don't worry. The Habs will be just fine.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
i agree, look at the senators. they are already at just over $23 million and hossa,havlat,white, and fisher arent signed yet and hossa will want the 20%.
No he won't... these are RFA's. Sens are fine.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Aaaahhh !!! Good times, good times. Hockey is back in the air, and the children come out to play.

Kind of returns a sense of normality to the boards.

As recent years history would dictate:

Prior to October - "The Leafs suck, their goalie is old and fragile, our team is much better," and now we get the delightful addition of "lol, you got no cap room, you're screwed."

Usually a mini slump at the begining of the season brings out the best of "Your laffs aren't even gonna make the playoffs", "Serves you right for trying to buy your way in by signing all those guys", "have fun watching our team in the playoffs" and now "so you managed to get everyone in under the cap, but look where it got you"

When things get rolling it becomes: "They can't do this forever", "Your guys look like their slowing down", "they'll have nothing in the tank for playoffs" and now "at the trade deadline, our team will get better than yours, you have no cap room to add players, lol"

Trade deadline:
"You guys soooo overpaid for him", "He's washed up, that's why he was traded", and now "You guys are screwed, he's going to take up a ton of cap room for your offseason".

And when all is said and done, and we've been entertained for the most part by our team we get "LOL, no way you guys repeat next year", "We're set with prospects, you have none, your future is screwed" and now "Bet you regret trading for him now, how are you going to fill in your roster, see, Leafs sux, lol".

Rinse and repeat.

Yes indeed, hockey is back.

Old
07-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
how do you have 5 "I'm outta heres" in the same thread?

Closed Thread