HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #3 | Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
well you are wrong. I've seen personally few posters here say that and worse multiple times here and in mainboard.
Find me a quote from this board where someone says that they think Mike Babcock is one of the worst coaches in the NHL.

People criticize him, for sure, but I've never seen anyone here go there. And I read this board all the time.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Find me a quote from this board where someone says that they think Mike Babcock is one of the worst coaches in the NHL.

People criticize him, for sure, but I've never seen anyone here go there.
well I dont have time to search for exact quote but basic search gives me plenty of cases where you guys think Babcock is doing one of the worst job.

for instance 'worst in line management, worst in player development, worst in mix matching, worst in keeping promises'

That's pretty close enough since the point is 'when a person praises him, then he can point out the flaws'. Babcock rarely gets praise by same individuals unless those individuals are proven wrong by the result and they have no choice but to accept it.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
lol let's be honest. A lot of people who post here regularly in this board think Babcock is one of the worst coach in the league. Also you never really give credit Babcock as 'one of the best coach' or whatever. Instead you focus on how idiot you think he is.

I have complete opposite idea from you regarding his coaching style. I think his weakness, at times, is sticking to set line combination resulting to less creativity at times. But that is everyone's preference and since it's been working I have no question at all.

Last night, Babcock switched line for whatever reason and we won. Last playoff, he made decisions for whatever reason and Wings did far better than anyone of you expected. He is already doing a great job. You guys have very limited scope and just dont see the forest but focusing on a tree.
A lot of people that posts here think Babcock is one of the worst coaches? Sounds like someone is making up flat out lies. But hey if you aren't lying you should have no problem providing posts to prove such a claim.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
well I dont have time to search for exact quote but basic search gives me plenty of cases where you guys think Babcock is doing one of the worst job.

for instance 'worst in line management, worst in player development, worst in mix matching, worst in keeping promises'

That's pretty close enough since the point is 'when a person praises him, then he can point out the flaws'. Babcock rarely gets praise by same individuals unless those individuals are proven wrong by the result and they have no choice but to accept it.
I think you are taking what people are saying out of context. People have criticisms of Babcock, and some of his coaching tendencies. That doesn't mean they think he is one of the worst coaches in the league.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty confident that no one that posts here thinks that.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:59 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
I think you are taking what people are saying out of context. People have criticisms of Babcock, and some of his coaching tendencies. That doesn't mean they think he is one of the worst coaches in the league.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty confident that no one that posts here thinks that.
Perhaps not 'worst' but the complaining is absolutely over the top and unwarranted. You get words like 'moron' and 'idiot' and 'I hope the Wings tank so we can get changes' suggesting he shouldn't even have a job.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Perhaps not 'worst' but the complaining is absolutely over the top and unwarranted. You get words like 'moron' and 'idiot' and 'I hope the Wings tank so we can get changes' suggesting he shouldn't even have a job.
Playing the worst player on the team and arguably one of the worst in the league(non-goon) Top 6 minutes, PP, PK and not holding that player accountable for stupid penalties, poor play etc. is idiotic.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Mort Divine

Quote:
It isn't unwarranted. Over the top at times, sure. Not unwarranted though.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:05 PM
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
Unwarranted? Dan Cleary was playing on the top line last night and we aren't even three games into the season.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Yemack

Quote:

taking out of context? heh c'mon he rarely gets credit for his work. How can it be out of context? Remember when dan cleary signed, that's what I would call over the top reaction. btw I thought you were going to abandon Wings and cheer for Sabres?

btw I wont invest my valuable time (believe or not, I'm working/studying atm) finding multiple quotes dating back weeks. If you want real quote fast, just goto Mike Babcock BS artist and help yourself. because I just found 1.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:07 PM
WingedWheel1987

How exactly did the Cleary haters overreact to his signing? I thought he was old and washed up and was going to take away a roster spot from either Tatar and Nyquist and end up playing in the top six.

After game 2/82, those Cleary haters look like they should get their own reality TV show on TLC, so they can con morons out of money by pretending they can converse with dead relatives. I'm sensing a presence in the room...a real gud presence.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
golffuul

Tatar/Kindl in....Samuelsson/Lashoff out.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=404

Old
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
taking out of context? heh c'mon he rarely gets credit for his work. How can it be out of context? Remember when dan cleary signed, that's what I would call over the top reaction. btw I thought you were going to abandon Wings and cheer for Sabres?

btw I wont invest my valuable time (believe or not, I'm working/studying atm) finding multiple quotes dating back weeks. If you want real quote fast, just goto Mike Babcock BS artist and help yourself. because I just found 1.
I don't understand. If a lot posters say he is one of the worsts coaches why would it be some difficult as to have to go back weeks to find quotes to back up your statement. So far all you can say is be doesn't get credit. It what was does not getting the amount of credit you feel he deserves equal being one of the worst coaches? Don't lie and misrepresent because you have a different view point, thanks.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
How exactly did the Cleary haters overreact to his signing? I thought he was old and washed up and was going to take away a roster spot from either Tatar and Nyquist and end up playing in the top six.

After game 2/82, those Cleary haters look like they should get their own reality TV show on TLC, so they can con morons out of money by pretending they can converse with dead relatives.
cute but if anyone is overreacting after game 2 out of 82. It's not me.

I've been preaching let's wait and see how it all shake up from preseason. Let's not be ironic here.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
Tatar/Kindl in....Samuelsson/Lashoff out.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=404
Why would Kindl even be brought up?

Oh and the 4th line will outplay the 3rd big time tonight.

Over/Under on Tatar's TOI is set at 10 minutes.

WHAT SAY YOU!?

Old
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
I don't understand. If a lot posters say he is one of the worsts coaches why would it be some difficult as to have to go back weeks to find quotes to back up your statement. So far all you can say is be doesn't get credit. It what was does not getting the amount of credit you feel he deserves equal being one of the worst coaches? Don't lie and misrepresent because you have a different view point, thanks.
I dont know why you are obsessed on this 'liar' moniker. I just said I dont have time and for quickies you can help yourself in thread I provided.

I dont want to make this thread about me but about if Babcock receives undeserved amount of criticism in game 2 of the season. If you want to focus your opinion on me being a liar, send me a pm and we will talk.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
cute but if anyone is overreacting after game 2 out of 82. It's not me.

I've been preaching let's wait and see how it all shake up from preseason. Let's not be ironic here.
We already know how it's going to shake out. Cleary is going to get hurt. Cleary is going to keep playing and Babcock will attempt to get the Wings new arena named, "The house that Cleary built with some assistance by a few Swedes."

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 10-05-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old
10-05-2013, 06:19 PM
golffuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
By "brought up" do you mean like from the AHL or as part of a conversation?

I was just showing lineup changes for tonight.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
We already know how it's going to shake out. Cleary is going to get hurt, Cleary is going to keep playing and Babcock will attempt to get the new Wings stadium named, "The house that Cleary built with some assistance by a few Swedes."
Like I said, let's wait and see instead of wasting everyone's time and making life miserable for everyone involved.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
RedWingzz
Detroit Vs Everybody

Quote:

WHAT SAY YOU!?
I'll say he plays 10:42

Old
10-05-2013, 06:21 PM
RedWingzz
Detroit Vs Everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
By "brought up" do you mean like from the AHL or as part of a conversation?

I was just showing lineup changes for tonight.
No, he just means why even mention Kindl? It's obvious he's playing and Lashoff isn't.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Yemack

Quote:

WHAT SAY YOU!?
There sure will be some interesting discussions going on about Tatar after this game. Though I wont be able to partake in it since I got so much work to do.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:23 PM
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
Like I said, let's wait and see instead of wasting everyone's time and making life miserable for everyone involved.
I would like to think my winning personality is what gets a lot of people out of bed in the morning.

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 10-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old
10-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
I dont know why you are obsessed on this 'liar' moniker. I just said I dont have time and for quickies you can help yourself in thread I provided.

I dont want to make this thread about me but about if Babcock receives undeserved amount of criticism in game 2 of the season. If you want to focus your opinion on me being a liar, send me a pm and we will talk.
I like how you move the goal posts away from your original claim to 'undeserved criticism.' Don't misrepresent the board and what people are saying because you aren't to have issues with criticism of a public sports figure. It's cool to have differing opinions on the state of affairs in regards to the team. It would be pretty boring around here if we all agreed. Just don't see the point of making things up.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:28 PM
WingedWheel1987

My reaction to Tatar being in the lineup tonight.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
btw I thought you were going to abandon Wings and cheer for Sabres?
I had a PTO. But I came back here for less money, and followed my heart

Closed Thread