HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 24CH TV show thread - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2013, 03:55 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
LOL Ovy swore so much when he spoke with Markov. He didn't swear at Markov but generally. He complained about the time Markov took him to the boards.

Old
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
PricePkPatch

Man. I know you people love to bash on DD everytime you have the chance.. But seeing his conversation with Briere..

To think it was DD's most important wish to never, ever go back to Hamilton. I suddenly wonder just how horrible he must have felt after Coderre's tweet. And why Patch snapped to his defense.

Old
12-08-2013, 07:08 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
LOL Ovy swore so much when he spoke with Markov. He didn't swear at Markov but generally. He complained about the time Markov took him to the boards.
They're good friends and the Olympics are coming. I'd have a few words too

Old
12-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I haven't played sports anywhere near a pro level. But I've played team sports throughout my life and so many times the guys doing the talking are the least respected.

"Let's go guys! Let's get it done!"... To me this is fluff, not leadership.

His comments and demeanor regarding Subban during the holdout were annoying to say the least. That said a lot more about him than any of this rah-rah stuff he says in the lockerroom. To me he displayed a serious lack of leadership there.

People talk about him being the next captain but based on his play and what I've seen, I don't see him as a good choice.
Nicely said LG.

I had a similar guy in my Football team once, and he was more of a running gag than anything. His never ending ''lets go boys, OK, Lets go boys'' was always cracking me up.

Theres nothing like a good huddle screaming in the face of everyone to fire up your team. Or a big celebration after a play. (Yes, I love showboating.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
The artist formerly known as Crankshaft.

Now known as Crankshart.

Clarkson had engaged into a little stickwork battle with Douggie, play gets whistled down and Prust skating alongside Clarkson, barks out "You don't want to go Douggie, do ya, you don't want to go Douggie?"

The kind of braggadoccio you would have never heard from anyone in a Habs' uni prior to Prust and Crankshart.
Hey, I did that

Old
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Bobby G

Thanks.

If anyone finds the english ones please let me know

Old
12-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
Soft russians are soft...

Old
12-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

LOL when they hand patches a cup and say its bigger

Old
12-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis Jenks View Post
Do you guys think 24ch somehow contributes to our successes? Might be a silly theory but with cameras on all the time the players must be on their best behaviour which might have led to a great locker room environment. just a thought
What you just described is known as the Hawthorne effect.

The Hawthorne effect (also referred to as the observer effect) is a form of reactivity whereby subjects improve or modify an aspect of their behavior, which is being experimentally measured, in response to the fact that they know that they are being studied,[1][2] not in response to any particular experimental manipulation.

Cool eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect

Old
12-09-2013, 08:32 AM
PricePkPatch

I think it's only half of it.

The other half is probably the fact that since we had no way of seeing what was inside the locker room before, us fans were probably buying imaginary stuff some reporters would make up to sell papers.

Now, it's no longer possible. We actually see them, there's no way anybody can make me believe there's a rift between players.

Old
12-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Gary320

I think last year I would have said that.. but this year, probably not since they are more use to the cameras being around. I don't think ice success has anything to do with cameras, this year or last.

Plus, there is tons of footage we DONT see. I'm pretty sure there have been some arguments in the room, but we wont see it because Canadiens have the control of what gets aired. It's possible in 5-6 years or less, if 24CH doesn't exist, one of the camera man will reveal some secrets... Probably not but it's possible.

Old
12-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Hey... What about that Vanessa chic from the last episode? Can she compete with the Subway girl?

Old
12-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think last year I would have said that.. but this year, probably not since they are more use to the cameras being around. I don't think ice success has anything to do with cameras, this year or last.

Plus, there is tons of footage we DONT see. I'm pretty sure there have been some arguments in the room, but we wont see it because Canadiens have the control of what gets aired. It's possible in 5-6 years or less, if 24CH doesn't exist, one of the camera man will reveal some secrets... Probably not but it's possible.
When we were in the midst of the little slump prior to this run, I was starting to wonder if the cameras were a distraction - and that maybe they should go.

But now we're on a nice points streak, and the cameras are still there, so I agree with you, they must be accustomed to them. Like folks on reality shows seem to say - they tend to forget the cameras are there. I don't know I ever could myself, though...

Old
12-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Willis Jenks

Either way, I honestly believe 24ch is having a positive impact on the team whether it's to control media speculation regarding the locker room or it's to encourage players to be at their best. I have a hard time believing Molson would implement something like this for just the revenue. Habs management probably studied the effects shows such as hardknocks have on teams and decided it would help us out.

Old
12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis Jenks View Post
Either way, I honestly believe 24ch is having a positive impact on the team whether it's to control media speculation regarding the locker room or it's to encourage players to be at their best. I have a hard time believing Molson would implement something like this for just the revenue. Habs management probably studied the effects shows such as hardknocks have on teams and decided it would help us out.
No offense to Molson, but I don't. If the impact on the team is neutral, then I don't see why he would refuse to make more money. He's a shrewd businessman.

But I think it was part of the idea he had of making the club more transparent and more accessible to the common people.

Old
12-09-2013, 09:58 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Prust is awesome

http://www.habsolumentfan.com/brando...d/2013/11/9877

Did you just hit me in the ribs? Yeah you did, watch your wrists

haha
I love how he's talking the linesman into not giving the team a face-off violation. Prust: You wouldn't do that to us? Linesman: No, I wouldn't do that to you. You got a freebie. lol

I freakin love Prust.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Gary320

I know we play alot on the "Character" jokes. But alot of the guys are character guys and most are young. Both reasons why their is a great atmosphere.

This show doesn't air if we are back in the era of where we had a Russian, a French clique and the Souray/Rivet/Koivu clique. We haven't had a major 'scandal' since the Kostitsyn/Hamrlik situation, and that was way before 24CH. So I don't think 24CH changes too much. They probably pull more pranks on each other that's for sure.

But as I said, maybe there are arguments... we probably see 30% of what actually goes on in the room.

Old
12-09-2013, 11:07 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I know we play alot on the "Character" jokes. But alot of the guys are character guys and most are young. Both reasons why their is a great atmosphere.

This show doesn't air if we are back in the era of where we had a Russian, a French clique and the Souray/Rivet/Koivu clique. We haven't had a major 'scandal' since the Kostitsyn/Hamrlik situation, and that was way before 24CH. So I don't think 24CH changes too much. They probably pull more pranks on each other that's for sure.

But as I said, maybe there are arguments... we probably see 30% of what actually goes on in the room.
Arguments within the teams happen mainly when the team plays bad, and I think that we can all agree that the team has been playing some pretty damn decent hockey for the last 10-15 games.

One thing that I think really whipped this team was when one of the coaches (I think it was Gerard Gallant) was comparing the stats for the Canadiens and another team (can't remember which team) in episode 7 or 8, and he said "We're a better team than what our numbers show" (or someting like that lol).

If anyone remembers where that was that would be great, but I think that that speach was what woke the guys up.

Old
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Arguments within the teams happen mainly when the team plays bad, and I think that we can all agree that the team has been playing some pretty damn decent hockey for the last 10-15 games.

One thing that I think really whipped this team was when one of the coaches (I think it was Gerard Gallant) was comparing the stats for the Canadiens and another team (can't remember which team) in episode 7 or 8, and he said "We're a better team than what our numbers show" (or someting like that lol).

If anyone remembers where that was that would be great, but I think that that speach was what woke the guys up.
Ya it was Gallant that was a great speech because you can't argue with the facts. That was in episode 9 in the game before the Minnesota Wild.

Old
12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Ya it was Gallant that was a great speech because you can't argue with the facts. That was in episode 9 in the game before the Minnesota Wild.
Yeah, sometimes all you need is for someone to come and tell you that you're better than what you think, and why.

Old
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Kingbobert

are the episodes online anywhere?
just caught up and realised my pvr did not record the last 2 episodes

Old
12-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Uber Coca

I've been wondering too about this ''Hawthorne effect''. I'm sure it's relevant to the team's success in some way.

On the other hand, there's Oil Change that somewhat destroy any evidence of the effect.

Old
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
andrew2

Also, I think a few guys from toronto spoke out and said it was a distraction during their losing streak..

Old
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Oil Change didn't really seem to help the oilers though... Not sure if they are still doing it.

Old
12-09-2013, 03:28 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
What you just described is known as the Hawthorne effect.

The Hawthorne effect (also referred to as the observer effect) is a form of reactivity whereby subjects improve or modify an aspect of their behavior, which is being experimentally measured, in response to the fact that they know that they are being studied,[1][2] not in response to any particular experimental manipulation.

Cool eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect
Or as known in I/O psychology.. any intervention at all will have an effect.

Old
12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
TheGoalJudge

It's funny how Bergevin takes so much **** for always mentioning how much he values character but then everyone on this board sees how valuable it actually is.

Closed Thread