HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #2 : Kings @ Jets - 10/4/13 - 3-5L

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2013, 10:32 PM
  #26
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
3 or 4 rookies with less than 30 NHL games combined playing the bottom 6? No way that would happen under Sutter, plus you just gutted your depth.
It couldn't be any worse than our bottom 6 now. And we still have good depth with them in the big club. Sadly it won't happen since itsapapparent he doesn't like giving them a real shot.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:35 PM
  #27
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Clifford had little to do with us losing this game. Clifford took regular shifts on the pk and played only 10mins 3 secs. 3rd least on the team. If your looking to blame someone i think Muzzins -3 with a point so he was on the ice for 4 of the jet goals in 19min 35 secs would be a better target
I don't think anyone is blaming Clifford for losing this game. The problem with Clifford is that he has regressed to the point where he brings nothing. He has been in a rut for a long time now, and the first few games show no sign of him coming out of it. Clifford is also a microcosm of a bigger problem, the bottom six is a black hole of offensive production

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
  #28
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Poorman is a ******
He's a very bitter man since he lost his Loveline suit against KROQ. He's had a man crush on Bernier since day one and to this day believes he was robbed of his destiny to be the future Kings goalie.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:40 PM
  #29
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Clifford had little to do with us losing this game. Clifford took regular shifts on the pk and played only 10mins 3 secs. 3rd least on the team. If your looking to blame someone i think Muzzins -3 with a point so he was on the ice for 4 of the jet goals in 19min 35 secs would be a better target
Muzzin did not have a strong game, but he has more built up equity with his solid play from most of last season. Muzzin was an asset most of last season.

Either way, with how poorly the team played these last 2 nights we will all happily take 2 points, especially with the road struggles from last year.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:42 PM
  #30
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 2200
Although, we have better options down in manchester, Clifford and Fraser are decent 4th liners playing on the 4th line. Yeah, they haven't had their best games thus far, but it's only been 2 games.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:42 PM
  #31
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,790
vCash: 500
This may be another year of poor road play, these guys are not getting up for these games.

Kings get two days to practice, work out some sloppy play.

Plus it's a Home game Monday wooohooo.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:44 PM
  #32
ICdave
HFB Partner
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 500


Audio form: Scrivens, Williams and Coach Sutter.

To listen click here.

ICdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:45 PM
  #33
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
I know its only the second game but man I seriously think we're gonna have trouble scoring again. Our bottom 6 is no good.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:45 PM
  #34
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I don't think anyone is blaming Clifford for losing this game. The problem with Clifford is that he has regressed to the point where he brings nothing. He has been in a rut for a long time now, and the first few games show no sign of him coming out of it. Clifford is also a microcosm of a bigger problem, the bottom six is a black hole of offensive production
I think people are expecting to much out of Clifford. Hes only 22 playing 10 - 12 mins a game bouncing around all the lines. He isnt out there to score goals. He plays physical. Last year he had his highest point total and he was 5th in the league in hits. This is his game. How is this regressing He also was a plus player for the first time in his carrer Hardly regressing I noticed today hes playing on the pk. This is important mins aposed to when he first got here he wouldnt get them defensive type mins. He also was in a fight again last game. I agree there is a lack of goal scoring in the bottom six but i wouldnt say its clifford fault as much as the system the kings play with the defense first mind set.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:45 PM
  #35
KingsHockey24
Registered User
 
KingsHockey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
Overall thoughts from the game:

Jeff Carter, Ben Scrivens, Anze Kopitar, Slava Voynov and Mike Richards all played pretty well.

Matt Frattin, Kyle Clifford, Jarret Stoll, and Dwight King were all invisble.

Dustin Brown, Jake Muzzin, and Jonathan Quick all played poorly.

And the rest played average games.

Getting pretty sick of Daryl playing Muzzin as the 6th D Man over Martinez as well. The past two games Muzzin has payed pretty bad; the +/- of -4 shows that.

I'm also hoping next game Carcillo will play and Cliffy will play on the 2nd/3rd line. The kid needs more ice time.

KingsHockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:48 PM
  #36
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,790
vCash: 500
I thought Frattin played well, the Kid plays really good on the PP.

Decisive with the puck, he would have had one hell of a scoring chance on that shot his stick exploded.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:51 PM
  #37
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Muzzin did not have a strong game, but he has more built up equity with his solid play from most of last season. Muzzin was an asset most of last season.

Either way, with how poorly the team played these last 2 nights we will all happily take 2 points, especially with the road struggles from last year.
i realize ur not a fan of cliffords game but i think ur trying to blame him for something thats simply not his fault and not his game. What do u expect out of him? Hes there to play phyiscal not to score goals. Last years 5th in the league in hits should get him some respect which it oviously doesnt with you. If you want to look at the problem with the bottom six look at stoll lewis king its more there job to put pucks in the net not the 4th line.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:51 PM
  #38
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Don't even know why we play Muzzin. All he has over Martinez is that he is better in the offensive zone. But the Kings don't need his offence. They need Martinez's ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone much more on that 3rd pairing because Muzzin is pretty poor at it

If Muzzin was playing with Doughty instead of Regehr, then he wouldn't need to move the puck out of the zone so often, so then you could play him over Martinez, but since Sutter loves Regehr, that ain't going to happen, so at least put Martinez on the 3rd pairing

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:52 PM
  #39
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
Don't even know why we play Muzzin. All he has over Martinez is that he is better in the offensive zone. But the Kings don't need his offence. They need Martinez's ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone much more on that 3rd pairing because Muzzin is pretty poor at it

If Muzzin was playing with Doughty instead of Regehr, then he wouldn't need to move the puck out of the zone so often, so then you could play him over Martinez, but since Sutter loves Regehr, that ain't going to happen, so at least put Martinez on the 3rd pairing
I don't even know why your username is named after Muzzin lol.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  #40
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
struggles against Minnesota and Winnipeg worries me dearly

KingPuckChoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  #41
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 View Post
Overall thoughts from the game:

Jeff Carter, Ben Scrivens, Anze Kopitar, Slava Voynov and Mike Richards all played pretty well.

Matt Frattin, Kyle Clifford, Jarret Stoll, and Dwight King were all invisble.

Dustin Brown, Jake Muzzin, and Jonathan Quick all played poorly.

And the rest played average games.

Getting pretty sick of Daryl playing Muzzin as the 6th D Man over Martinez as well. The past two games Muzzin has payed pretty bad; the +/- of -4 shows that.

I'm also hoping next game Carcillo will play and Cliffy will play on the 2nd/3rd line. The kid needs more ice time.
ty i agree clifford needs more ice time especially if people are thinking he needs to score more.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:55 PM
  #42
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
ty i agree clifford needs more ice time especially if people are thinking he needs to score more.
Lol. You think Clifford needs more playing time???

Just what has Clifford done to deserve more ice time?

Clifford should just remain a 4th liner for now.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:56 PM
  #43
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I don't even know why your username is named after Muzzin lol.
I like Muzzin, i just think he is used incorrectly and i think Martinez is better.

My perfect world lines would be,

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Greene-Martinez

oh and Brown having just 1 hit is very very poor

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:56 PM
  #44
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Willie had a tough game.

His footspeed is way down. He will pick it up and get it back together. He has to or he will drop down the list.

Overall the only problem I have with tonights game is the lack of hustle and effort in critical areas. We looked big and slow and the Jets looked big and hungry. They got allot of home ice advantage calls but then that is to be expected. They played a good game and so did we for short stretches.

I can tell you that if we can't rise to the occasion for more then short stretches then we are going to have a bumpy start.

The thing to me is this, allot of teams the Jets included have taken a page out of our own handbook and are relying on fresh big legs who are hungry and surrounding them with solid capable vets.

We have to return to being the blueprint and stop relying on our talent. It will come I don't have any doubt at all about it. The question is how long will it take before personal responsibility is brought back to our exceptional team play.

100% no reason to worry at all or to make any drastic changes yet. It is early on and we will pick it back up. If not we will see the kids on the team sooner rather than later which I think would be premature.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:01 PM
  #45
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Lol. You think Clifford needs more playing time???

Just what has Clifford done to deserve more ice time?

Clifford should just remain a 4th liner for now.
5 th last year in the LEAGUE in hits
highest point of his carrer
plus player
playing pk this year and they havnt scored when he was playing.
I will also say he did that playing less then 12 min a game.
He had more points then king playing less mins also more hits

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:03 PM
  #46
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Audio form: Scrivens, Williams and Coach Sutter.
I only listened to Sutters post game comments and am not sure he was watching the same game. The opening questions about the Kings playing back /back, tired, Jets coming on strong during the game.

He didn't think they were tired, thought it was a close game and the kings played pretty good. And doesn't think they need to make any changes.

How can he not see how ineffective the bottom 6 is? What exactly is he watching? They need more esp from the 3rd line. I watched both the Leafs games and Bolland and Mason Raymond (leafs 3rd ) were great, contributing Game tying, GWG.. After how impressive the prospectswere in camp, I really thought he'd keep Pearson up on the 3rd at least. The only thing I think of when those lines are on is how long until one of the top 2 lines are back. I have no confidence in them.

And I think despite the fact he always denies it, Quick shouldn't play back to back. Most other coache do the intelligent , logical thing, the use their backup goalie.
And Greene needs to get control, his parade to the penalty box was costly.
Oh well, onto the home opener vs Rags on Monday.

Maybe they can refocus over the weekend.
And I'm glad , finally, at the end of the 3rd he put the right PP unit back together, Kopi, Carter , Richards are better together then apart and hopefully he'll keep them back together instead of using the 1st and 2nd lines intact.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:03 PM
  #47
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Lol. You think Clifford needs more playing time???

Just what has Clifford done to deserve more ice time?

Clifford should just remain a 4th liner for now.
Clifford never did anything last year to earn his prime ice time besides Kopitar or Carter, it still happened.

Wouldn't shock me to see him moved up, maybe trying Clifford on a scoring line for the 27th time will be more successful than the previous 26 times.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:10 PM
  #48
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Clifford never did anything last year to earn his prime ice time besides Kopitar or Carter, it still happened.

Wouldn't shock me to see him moved up, maybe trying Clifford on a scoring line for the 27th time will be more successful than the previous 26 times.
niether has king and he played more then anyone on scoring lines. If they move him up and they proberly will at some point they need to keep him up. Moving him up and down like a yo yo will do nothing. They should get his mintues up to 14 mins ( meaning keeping him on the 3rd line for a month) an then revaluate him. He is a more offensive player then king as well as playing more phyical. Sutter changes his lineup to much and no player gets consistancy playing with the better players.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:10 PM
  #49
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
5 th last year in the LEAGUE in hits
highest point of his carrer
plus player
playing pk this year and they havnt scored when he was playing.
I will also say he did that playing less then 12 min a game.
He had more points then king playing less mins also more hits
The fact that he had his best year in scoring (7g & 7a) and played better than King don't mean squat. We have better option in Frattin. And if he doesn't pan out, then hopefully, and I do mean HOPEFULLY, we can give Pearson a chance. If Sutter wants to move Clifford up to 3rd line from time to time, I'm fine with that, but for now, he's a serviceable 4th liner.

I just can't understand how you think Clifford deserves to play on a 2nd line, but you don't think that Nolan should even play on the 4th line. Can't agree with your thinking there.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:19 PM
  #50
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The fact that he had his best year in scoring (7g & 7a) and played better than King don't mean squat. We have better option in Frattin. And if he doesn't pan out, then hopefully, and I do mean HOPEFULLY, we can give Pearson a chance. If Sutter wants to move Clifford up to 3rd line from time to time, I'm fine with that, but for now, he's a serviceable 4th liner.

I just can't understand how you think Clifford deserves to play on a 2nd line, but you don't think that Nolan should even play on the 4th line. Can't agree with your thinking there.
I didnt say he derserves second line i said he deserves more mins. I want him on the 3rd line for a month no yanking up and down with stoll and ideally toffoli moving lewis to 4th line. I think he derserves it more then king thats where my issue is. I agree Frattin is a better option totally for now. He derserves to play King mins. I think having toffoli up playing 3rd line would be the offensive upswing we need. Lewis would then move to 4th line pushing nolan out. I honestly dont see Nolans upside. He played his way into the doghouse last year being healthy scratched. Perhaps may have a 4th line of king lewis nolan at times. If frattin doesnt make 2nd lw hopefully whoever they put will get a fair shot at it ( i wouldnt mind pearson at all) but imo clifford playing there 2 games or 3 is not a fair shot. Players need more then that to get used to playing more mins and new linemates.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.