HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ITT We praise Bishop and are cautiously optimistic about Lindback

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  #176
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,433
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
If Lindback did move during the off-season who do we get as back up for next season?
Vasilevskiy.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 11:39 AM
  #177
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 500
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/shor...tout-20131212/
Quote:
“I feel like we are playing the score pretty well, and obviously Bish is the backbone of our success, and I feel that we hang in there and we find ways,’’ St. Louis said. “That’s what we have done.’’

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 12:14 PM
  #178
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,433
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Not related to Bishop, but for some reason I love this quote from Kuch:

“Coach has said he wants me to shoot the puck ... I was looking at the goalie and saw the spot ... and I don’t know, I just shoot the puck.’’

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:48 PM
  #179
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 500
Bishop Stats

17 wins (tied for 2nd)
3 shutouts (tied for 1st)
1.97 GAA (tied for 4th)
.933 S% (5th)

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:52 PM
  #180
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,433
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Bishop Stats

17 wins (tied for 2nd)
3 shutouts (tied for 1st)
1.97 GAA (tied for 4th)
.933 S% (5th)
Not bad. Gotta say Lindback's been good the past few games too, although the team did him ZERO favors last night.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  #181
The YzerJesus
#teamwhitewalker
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Bishop Stats

17 wins (tied for 2nd)
3 shutouts (tied for 1st)
1.97 GAA (tied for 4th)
.933 S% (5th)
Eh. He's alright.

Can you imagine the kind of disaster we would be in if our goaltending still sucked?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 04:45 PM
  #182
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 500
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...d=55&id=523195

Coop on getting Lindback into more games:

Quote:
"The one thing is Bishop has played extremely well for us, but so has Lindy. It's not like Lindy's been letting us down, he's been great. I think Bishop got the last 2 games before the break, he get's the one coming out of the break, and now all of a sudden we give another one to Bish and now we're in Vancouver and Lindy's not playing for 2 weeks. That's not what we want to do. He deserves to play. We need to keep him into it. I want to get Lindy at least one game a week. This is the plan. This is how it's going. Our team has been on a roll with both goalies playing so there's no reason to stop now."

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:42 AM
  #183
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Bish surely has to be the leading candidate for the Vezina at the halfway point.

Save% = 1st
SO = 1st
Wins = 2nd
GAA = 2nd (not including Talbolt)


What do you think? Should also be in the conversation for the Hart, but I think it's fair to say Crosbys leading that race at this point.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:47 AM
  #184
TheGreatOutlaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
The more and more I watch Bishop I wonder how was he left off team USA. He is the first legitimate goalie TBL has had since their last CUP run. I can't wait to see how the team adjust when Stammer is back. I took a break posting due to personal issues going on, but the Bolts have been bringing me joy with their team efforts recently.

TheGreatOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:04 AM
  #185
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Which game do you think Lindback gets, Edmonton or Winnipeg? Calgary would've been the perfect game for him with how inept their offense bas been lately. I think it'll be Winnipeg just cause Bishop got a shutout so can't see him going to Lindback after that.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:14 AM
  #186
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Which game do you think Lindback gets, Edmonton or Winnipeg? Calgary would've been the perfect game for him with how inept their offense bas been lately. I think it'll be Winnipeg just cause Bishop got a shutout so can't see him going to Lindback after that.
I'd prefer him to get the start in Edmonton but it's really hard not to start a goalie who just got a shutout, especially on so far from home on the road. Lindy to start against the Jets.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:14 AM
  #187
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,598
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Which game do you think Lindback gets, Edmonton or Winnipeg? Calgary would've been the perfect game for him with how inept their offense bas been lately. I think it'll be Winnipeg just cause Bishop got a shutout so can't see him going to Lindback after that.
Hopefully Winnipeg. Edmonton's offense can be lethal

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:10 AM
  #188
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,078
vCash: 546
While checking the standings I just realized: We have the 2nd least goals against in the entire league (tied with St. Louis with 95 GA - only behind Boston and LA with 89 GA respectively).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...ainst&type=LEA


LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:59 AM
  #189
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
While checking the standings I just realized: We have the 2nd least goals against in the entire league (tied with St. Louis with 95 GA - only behind Boston and LA with 89 GA respectively).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...ainst&type=LEA

And the 8th highest goal differential with +21

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 12:22 PM
  #190
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,598
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
And the 8th highest goal differential with +21
Guys! We have an .889 win percentage when we score first. We should just score first all the time

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:06 PM
  #191
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
While checking the standings I just realized: We have the 2nd least goals against in the entire league (tied with St. Louis with 95 GA - only behind Boston and LA with 89 GA respectively).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...ainst&type=LEA

People thought I was crazy when I said things would change under Cooper. I got laughed at for saying this defense, while not ideal, can do the job. Someones exact words on here to me were "it'll be another long season and a lottery pick".

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:10 PM
  #192
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,598
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
People thought I was crazy when I said things would change under Cooper. I got laughed at for saying this defense, while not ideal, can do the job. Someones exact words on here to me were "it'll be another long season and a lottery pick".
Scariest part is, the defense will improve over the next 2-3 years. We'll have younger talent coming in with more speed and skill than the older guys have now. I am so excited to see this team in 2 years. Hopefully Marty will still be here in a Selanne situation.


Last edited by MattM92: 01-05-2014 at 01:18 PM.
MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
  #193
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
People thought I was crazy when I said things would change under Cooper. I got laughed at for saying this defense, while not ideal, can do the job. Someones exact words on here to me were "it'll be another long season and a lottery pick".
I some times go onto Facebook and talk about the lightning when I feel like arguing with idiots. Before the start of the season it was. "Cooper is going to fail! We should hire Boucher back! Our defense sucks! Another lottery pick here we come!" and since then it has changed to. "We should trade away our young kids for veterans and go for the cup!!!"

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 03:09 PM
  #194
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
I'll admit I didn't expect our D to be as good as it has this year. I also didn't think Cooper would fail but would take a little longer to turn it around. The question is who's most responsible? Bishop has been unbelievable at times, Gudas became a beast and jumped about 4 years ahead in development in 1, Carle has become a competent defender and is no longer a liability in his own end, Brewer in his diminished role has looked fresh and strong and Hedman has become a monster back there. We've also got a lot more responsible from our forwards. Obviously the coach has a lot to do with players developing but the players need to step up on their own too. Think this season became a perfect storm of things clicking at the right time.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
  #195
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
The question is who's most responsible? Bishop has been unbelievable at times, Gudas became a beast and jumped about 4 years ahead in development in 1, Carle has become a competent defender and is no longer a liability in his own end, Brewer in his diminished role has looked fresh and strong and Hedman has become a monster back there. We've also got a lot more responsible from our forwards. Obviously the coach has a lot to do with players developing but the players need to step up on their own too. Think this season became a perfect storm of things clicking at the right time.
All of this, and with nice contributions from Sustr and Salo.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
  #196
robertguess2013
Registered User
 
robertguess2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 7,236
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
People thought I was crazy when I said things would change under Cooper. I got laughed at for saying this defense, while not ideal, can do the job. Someones exact words on here to me were "it'll be another long season and a lottery pick".
Everyone still thinks im crazy? Yeah I say like a fox I have seen it before happened faster cause stevie had lived through it before for like 8 seasons. Thats what it took the last time to build a stanley cup contending GIANT. Pretty interesting. He tells people what to work on.

My thing has been the patience. I told you all at times we would be looking good and at times we would make the most bone headed mistakes we are ever going to witness We have seen this. The really good sign is its january. I said to myself and others that is the time to look at this teams growth overall. How the gel? How the grow as individuals at both ends and as an overall team.



I didnt expect to say this but I see a legit team getting the best player in the game back for a cup run. I still think we need another D guy a true shut down for that run but the rest? Man I am happy. I like the progress yep still see the mistakes that a lot of people overlook for some of our kids and veterans but the confidence? That is through the roof. It really might turn into a blessing that we lost stamkos for so long.

Don't get me wrong I DONT LIKE IT lol. Yet it allowed us to give a ton of kids a lot of time with his and other injuries they never would have gotten. It sped up a process by more than I can measure by what I am seeing. It has a fan base saying hey this first line is so good lets not play stamkos with marty INSANITY to me but funny in its own way lol.

Well anyway I am not down on one kid. I am higher on some than I was. Brown for sure and also seeing connolly's growth start finally in minors is awesome.

We have a good future many problems still but good problems in that we have too much talent and probably have some hard choices each year moving forward.

Can this team fight for a cup? I honestly believe so with bishop and stamkos back. If we had say girardi I think we are as good as anyone in hockey and will prove it.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
  #197
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,957
vCash: 500
Getting Bowness helped. His coaching blended with Cooper's style has produced wonderful results

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 06:26 PM
  #198
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,078
vCash: 546
I too have seen it coming!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 07:07 PM
  #199
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I'll admit I didn't expect our D to be as good as it has this year. I also didn't think Cooper would fail but would take a little longer to turn it around. The question is who's most responsible? Bishop has been unbelievable at times, Gudas became a beast and jumped about 4 years ahead in development in 1, Carle has become a competent defender and is no longer a liability in his own end, Brewer in his diminished role has looked fresh and strong and Hedman has become a monster back there. We've also got a lot more responsible from our forwards. Obviously the coach has a lot to do with players developing but the players need to step up on their own too. Think this season became a perfect storm of things clicking at the right time.
Its both individual effort and the concept of team. Its night and day. Watch a Rangers game next time they're on national TV, watch how they pinch, watch when they take the corners, and watch what kind of support the defenders get there. That was us last year, mostly a disaster. You take guys like Brewer and Salo and make up for the lack of speed with support. Then, you pile on Ben playing so very well, and you feed off that, knowing your goaltender can make a timely stop if you make a mistake.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 07:10 PM
  #200
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
Everyone still thinks im crazy? Yeah I say like a fox I have seen it before happened faster cause stevie had lived through it before for like 8 seasons. Thats what it took the last time to build a stanley cup contending GIANT. Pretty interesting. He tells people what to work on.

My thing has been the patience. I told you all at times we would be looking good and at times we would make the most bone headed mistakes we are ever going to witness We have seen this. The really good sign is its january. I said to myself and others that is the time to look at this teams growth overall. How the gel? How the grow as individuals at both ends and as an overall team.



I didnt expect to say this but I see a legit team getting the best player in the game back for a cup run. I still think we need another D guy a true shut down for that run but the rest? Man I am happy. I like the progress yep still see the mistakes that a lot of people overlook for some of our kids and veterans but the confidence? That is through the roof. It really might turn into a blessing that we lost stamkos for so long.

Don't get me wrong I DONT LIKE IT lol. Yet it allowed us to give a ton of kids a lot of time with his and other injuries they never would have gotten. It sped up a process by more than I can measure by what I am seeing. It has a fan base saying hey this first line is so good lets not play stamkos with marty INSANITY to me but funny in its own way lol.

Well anyway I am not down on one kid. I am higher on some than I was. Brown for sure and also seeing connolly's growth start finally in minors is awesome.

We have a good future many problems still but good problems in that we have too much talent and probably have some hard choices each year moving forward.

Can this team fight for a cup? I honestly believe so with bishop and stamkos back. If we had say girardi I think we are as good as anyone in hockey and will prove it.
Robbo, I said this same thing and someone said it was crazy too, but its true. You have to learn to operate as a unit, to be great players without 91 in the lineup. Pittsburgh went through the same thing with Crosby. Strong, competitive teams have to be a sum of parts, and I know even if we have differences of opinions on other things, we can both agree on that. We're a unit, we're a team, guys can mostly play on any line, you learn to come together and be one cohesive unit and a lack of 91, lack of 77 at times has made that happen a little faster than expected.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.