HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Dean Brown ruined last night's game.

Old
12-05-2013, 05:24 PM
pt_mck

vCash: 500
Brown sucks he's worse with gordo

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Gothenburg 40*

vCash: 500
I like Dean Brown and his catch phrases ("SCORES!!!", "there's a rhubarb in front of the crease", etc). Let's be honest, commentators are going to annoy people who get annoyed easily, whether they rule or not. And Denis Potvin is an Ottawa boy who just happens to be one of the best to ever play the game. I hope they are the exclusive playoff commentators for Ottawa from now on.

Gothenburg 40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 10:22 AM
DrunkUncleDenis
HasManCrushOnSmith

vCash: 3924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenburg 40 View Post
I like Dean Brown and his catch phrases ("SCORES!!!", "there's a rhubarb in front of the crease", etc). Let's be honest, commentators are going to annoy people who get annoyed easily, whether they rule or not. And Denis Potvin is an Ottawa boy who just happens to be one of the best to ever play the game. I hope they are the exclusive playoff commentators for Ottawa from now on.
I've always really enjoyed Dean. He began to annoy me when he became more pedantic and sarcastic a few years back. He and Galley were so good together. Now that the team sucks, Dean has a right to be sarcastic, and even though he has become more and more of a homer, I've come to love those two goofs together.

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 10:31 AM
DrunkUncleDenis
HasManCrushOnSmith

vCash: 3924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I'd prefer the opposite - broadcast the play by play, including colour commentary in the rink realtime at high volume.
This would actually be badass. SOOO many people would be pissed though

I remember those Leaf playoff series' where you could go to CTC and watch the game from the video board which they lowered closer to centre ice. They piped in the local broadcasters on the PA. It was so cool to be in a building with thousands listening to the broadcast. If that happened with the game actually being played there, it'd be wild.

For better or worse, the in-game experience would definitely be different.

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote