HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's a Fun Hypothetical....

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Here's a Fun Hypothetical....

The Avs are one team a lot of people think are in a little bit of trouble with the cap. In order to keep Forsberg and Foote at the salary they'd command along with the high salaries of Sakic, Hejduk and other players they're already commited to, they might have to buyout a high priced player.

If I recall, they have a certain player we used to think pretty highly of on our blueline who makes a pretty penny. There's a chance that defenseman might be bought out.

Do we bring Blakey back in that instance? Only a month ago he played on a Kings' Alumni team in a charity game here in town with Evans, Foxy and DT. Guess he must still love Manhattan Beach.

This isn't that far-fetched people.... we'll have to see.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Like I said before, I'd welcome Blake back, but until the day he dons a Kings jersey again, he will get my boos.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I would welcome Blake back also...no doubt.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Mxpunk

Do you really think he'd come back? Didn't he have a problem with Leiweke? That's what I heard, but I don't have all the details...

I think I'd rather spend some money on an exciting offense!

Old
07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I would welcome Blake back also...no doubt.
Ditto.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Do you really think he'd come back? Didn't he have a problem with Leiweke? That's what I heard, but I don't have all the details...
It's Blake. He left for the money before, he'd come back for it again. Plus his wife and family are still here, and Nelson Emerson, his best friend is on the coaching staff.....he'd come back.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I think the Av's will keep Blake but let Foote walk. I would really be surprised if Blake isn't wearing an Av's jersey next season.

Old
07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
I think the Av's will keep Blake but let Foote walk. I would really be surprised if Blake isn't wearing an Av's jersey next season.
Why? Keep the cheaper, better defenseman, and let the more expensive, aging vet go.....

Old
07-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Captain Ron

Blake was my favorite player back in the day. I would love to see him come back to the Kings.......and add some awesome offensive players too.... we should have the cap room for that.

Old
07-14-2005, 01:26 AM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
The Avs are one team a lot of people think are in a little bit of trouble with the cap. In order to keep Forsberg and Foote at the salary they'd command along with the high salaries of Sakic, Hejduk and other players they're already commited to, they might have to buyout a high priced player.

If I recall, they have a certain player we used to think pretty highly of on our blueline who makes a pretty penny. There's a chance that defenseman might be bought out.

Do we bring Blakey back in that instance? Only a month ago he played on a Kings' Alumni team in a charity game here in town with Evans, Foxy and DT. Guess he must still love Manhattan Beach.

This isn't that far-fetched people.... we'll have to see.

There is some validity to this. Colorado is in a interesting position. They have to sign Forsberg and Hedjuk and Foote. I think Blake is expendable. If he comes back at a reasonable price, which he should because he is almost 36 years old, we should get him. It doesn't have an impact on the young guys. Primarily because Miller will be gone within the next year.

Blake-Norstrom
Miller-Visnovsky
Gleason-Dempsey

is a solid core of guys.

I would want to make sure Blakey has a clean bill of health as well. He and Taylor are good friends so it may be a Luc type of situation to bring him back and have him finish his career here.

Old
07-14-2005, 07:17 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i think our D is solid...a dominant D man would be nice, but i would much rather pursue hedjuk or tanguay if the AVS are desperate enough to dump payroll....seems to me like one of the two may become expendable...especially since there is no way the AVS would let forsberg walk...i think

Old
07-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i think our D is solid...a dominant D man would be nice, but i would much rather pursue hedjuk or tanguay if the AVS are desperate enough to dump payroll....seems to me like one of the two may become expendable...especially since there is no way the AVS would let forsberg walk...i think
Totally agree...I'm comfortable with our defense as well, and I think the Kings truly need an offensive force up front....Blake would be nice, but I think that there are more important holes to fill than on defense....

Closed Thread