HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greetings from the other side of Town!!

Old
10-06-2013, 01:30 AM
nfld77

vCash: 500
Greetings from the other side of Town!!

Ha ha, when it comes to the Habs and the Bruins, it's like opposite sides of the town for a lot of fans.. Well not really when it comes to myself and a lot of our members here ** not fair to mention names as I'm sure I'll forget someone}. I like to think although we go for opposite teams of one of the greatest rivalries ever, we can still treat each other with respect and treat the Rivalry especially with respect because it deserves that. I've been a fan for over 50 years and have pretty much seen and heard it all. Where I live, I'm surrounded by mostly Leaf/Hab fans. Next to that are Bruin fans. You can pretty much guess what its like when we all get together. But after so long, you soon learn this scratching and clawing at each other gets us nowhere. I'm not gonna change the way I feel about Bruins and you guys will always be Hab fans. No fun if we all go for same team anyhow. We have some members on the Bruins board that hate the Habs and show it and I know it's the same here, you hate Boston and you make sure everyone knows it. But I hold a lot of respect for many members here and viseversa. It's a lot better.

I just wanted to say how impressive some of your kids are. As you know, when it comes to sophomore seasons, you never know how some players will react. I'm sure that's how you guys/gals feel about Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Well I know it's only 2 games into the season but these 2 along with Eller are playing extremely well, that's if they're playing like their points are showing. And what I've watched so far of the Habs, they're gonna be really good players. Also I really hold a lot of praise for Markov and make no secret of it. Between the time he missed injured and the emergence of Subban, {another great young player} I think he's fallen between the cracks when it comes to the respect he deserves. From the season 2009/10 to 2011/12, 246 games, Markov played just 65 games..Last season, he played all 48 games and so far he's healthy this season which is great to see. I tell you, I'd rather a Markov at 50% health than a lot of defencemen out there at 100%.

The very best of luck and health to all Hab fans and their families. I always say this, every time I visit your board, I'm treated with respect and I always try to give that back. I don't make believe I'm a Habs fan, I'm what I always was, I diehard Bruin fan and that's not gonna change no more that any of you are gonna cheer for Boston. I don't visit your board for that. I cherish the friends I have here and I'm sure they feel the same way. We've kicked tires for awhile now. It's not all about the team you root for, we have 30 teams in this great league. It's easy to have a hockey chat with anyone. now as you know, all fans or so called fans don't see it that way. some spend more time trashing other teams or steadily praising up their own team as if there's no other team out there. fans of every team have them. But as Canadians, we know our hockey better than anyone. So why would we spend useless time crapping on teams when we have SO much knowledge of this great game.Ok, nuff from me for one night,

I truly appreciate the time I spend on this board. Beside our Bruin board, I spend more time here than any other HF board although HF isn't my main site. We have our own small site with about 200 members. Ok, Take good care of each other and hopefully we talk soon!!!

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:48 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

thanks

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
nfld77

Your welcome sir but it's a little disheartening when this post gets one comment and a poll asking "Which team do you hate most Bos/Tor{which I never read} gets 130 comments..It's really too bad this is what the greatest game on earth has come too. And certainly not just here but fans of all teams. The vast majority of fans would rather crap on fans of other teams than they would have a decent hockey chat..really too bad.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Admit it you like the Habs just a little bit
It's hard to argue that your team gels exceptionally well and is very well coached. I bitterly hate your team but I can respect some fans like yourself. Enjoy the season

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Lshap

Just wanted to thank the OP for a terrific post. It's great seeing someone who understands that being a passionate fan has nothing to do with being obnoxious.

You're welcome on this board anytime.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

I loved the post! You're a great hockey fan!

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

nfld77 is one example that there's hope after all....

Seriously, there's a lot of Bruins fans out there who do seem to be really nice people. Obviously, we still love to hate each other based on this rivalry but most people are respectful on both sides. Problem is that it's the others, from both sides, who have that tendancy to bring that level down and it's a shame.

Yet, I have nothing against keeping that rivalry at the highest point possible. We do not have to love each other and we shouldn't. Still, respect has to be there no matter what. Would be fun to keep it that way but I am daydreaming.

Kudos to you and the multiple Bruins fans who also do seem to have that kind of open mind. But then...we still didn't play each other...all that is going to change....I'm pretty sure....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
groovejuice

You're the Raymond Bourque of Bruin fandom. Come back soon.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

You seem like a nice guy, maybe someone I'd have a beer with. But unfortunately I've read too many post from your fellow Bruins fans that make me question their civility. Namely a lack of "If I were in their shoes, how would I react" type of civility.

Truth be told, there are some poster here who are the same, but I've learned to ignore them.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:34 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Seriously, there's a lot of Bruins fans out there who do seem to be really nice people. Obviously, we still love to hate each other based on this rivalry but most people are respectful on both sides. Problem is that it's the others, from both sides, who have that tendancy to bring that level down and it's a shame.

Yet, I have nothing against keeping that rivalry at the highest point possible. We do not have to love each other and we shouldn't. Still, respect has to be there no matter what. Would be fun to keep it that way but I am daydreaming.

Kudos to you and the multiple Bruins fans who also do seem to have that kind of open mind. But then...we still didn't play each other...all that is going to change....I'm pretty sure....
That's the thing right there.

Great post OP, thanks for sharing that with us.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Your welcome sir but it's a little disheartening when this post gets one comment and a poll asking "Which team do you hate most Bos/Tor{which I never read} gets 130 comments..It's really too bad this is what the greatest game on earth has come too. And certainly not just here but fans of all teams. The vast majority of fans would rather crap on fans of other teams than they would have a decent hockey chat..really too bad.
I notice you went and complained about the lack of response back on the Bruins board.
Maybe there are trust issues when opposing fans post on another board. You probably could have posted your very thoughtful greetings in the "hate Bos/Tor" thread and it would have generated a better response.
You also posted a new thread very early in the morning. People were sleeping. You got a lot of views but maybe no one had anything to contribute other than "thanks". Not sure what kind of responses you were looking for.
There are people you can have great hockey discussions with on this board and on the Bruins board. There are a lot of morons and trolls too. Remember the good ones and dismiss the rest.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Thank you, nfld77!

Much respect to someone who takes the time to discuss the good he sees in another team, even if that team is a rival one.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:30 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

This weekend, my cousin married a die-hard Bruins fan from Boston. His best man as well as all of his groomsmen were big Bruins fans. So were a couple of the bridesmaids.

We had a blast discussing hockey and talking about the Bruins/Habs rivalry. Every single one of those Bruins fans were great guys/gals.

I am a firm believer that the internet, specifically internet forums like this one, create a lot of animosity that really does not happen in the real world when people interact face to face.

Cheers to the OP for this thread. Good luck this season (but not too much )

PS. I did bet one of the bridesmaids that McCarron would kick Lucic's ass in a fight his first season as a Hab.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:00 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

PS. I did bet one of the bridesmaids that McCarron would kick Lucic's ass in a fight his first season as a Hab.
For a bet like that it better involve you at least rounding third and trying to steal home.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:41 AM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Good rivals are an asset to any team.

What made the 70s Habs so good was the competition with the 70s Bruins (according to Dryden in "The Game")

Great post. A classy guy like you is welcome back anytime (just don't bring your friends )

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:12 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Whitesnake, wow it's great to finally talk to you again. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you and you family are healthy.

I'm overwhelmed by the response I received here. I just goes to prove that ,we, as rivalries can carry on a sensible conversation. I sincerely appreciate all the comments. I hope both our teams can stay healthy and look forward to our 1st game against each other!!! Cheers and all the very best Hab fans..

Old
10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Whitesnake, wow it's great to finally talk to you again. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you and you family are healthy.

I'm overwhelmed by the response I received here. I just goes to prove that ,we, as rivalries can carry on a sensible conversation. I sincerely appreciate all the comments. I hope both our teams can stay healthy and look forward to our 1st game against each other!!! Cheers and all the very best Hab fans..
To be fair, the bold is not what you said on your board.

Still, we all do appreciate the kind words.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote