HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 07:07 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

vCash: 500
how bout them Carolina Panthers?

Old
11-10-2013, 08:28 PM
jstaal
go canes go

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Giants should grab Incognito. The Mara Family has never had a problem with criminals as long as they help the team. The o-line is so bad, and he def helps. The playoffs are still a possibility. I bet a lot of teams could care less that he's acted like 90 pct of linemen in the history of football.
Ok, LT , who else are you implying?? The Mara 's are one of the respected families in the NFL

Old
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Thank you NY Giants (and Jacksonville Jaguars). You have won me my survivor pool.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstaal View Post
Ok, LT , who else are you implying?? The Mara 's are one of the respected families in the NFL
Christian Peter. He was 10000000000 times worse than Incognito.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
The Giants still don't take in many guys with huge baggage, man. They take red flag guys in the draft if they pass their interviews, but that's about it these days.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:02 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
how bout them Carolina Panthers?
Yeah, they've looked great. Their defense is top notch and Newton has been great. Up and coming elite team, IMO.

11-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
Yeah, they've looked great. Their defense is top notch and Newton has been great. Up and coming elite team, IMO.
Jets get the privilege of playing them in Carolina... great...

Old
11-11-2013, 12:09 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Yeah, that'll be a tough game. Wouldn't be surprised to see them blown out like they were against the Bengals. Also wouldn't be surprised if they upset and squeaked out a win. The Jets are about as inconsistent a team as I've seen this year, IMO. You really can't guess their games.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:17 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Tough game, but a lot of positives from today for the Jets with the Titans and Chargers going down. Hopefully the Fins go down tomorrow to the Bucs, will be interesting to see how they come out tomorrow with all of the Martin stuff.

Old
11-12-2013, 08:45 AM
shinchanyo

I know when I play COD or xbox in general a lot of friends are threatening each others lives or threatening truly horrendous stuff. Then we laugh. Everyone uses the Nword even in predominantly white middle america towns. Based on what every1 on the team is saying it seems this was all Incognito was doing was basic COD bs playing around. It also sounds like Martin knew this, participated in this and had no problem with this until it seems he got mad over a prank and decided to destroy Incognito in order to punish the dolphins through a bullying scandal.

Or maybe the guys in the locker room are all clueless meatheads perpetuating a cycle of blaming the victim and standing up for the bully. But based on all the info and reactions of those close to the situation and Martin's own actions and inactions throughout the last few years or so I have to think it's the former which would make Martin the real jerk here and I hope he gets sued somehow by Incognito.

Can't pal around and be buddy-buddy then turn around one day and decide to hang your buddy out to dry without even talking to the guy first. Again this is only if all the rumors and explanations are factual which they may not be. Incognito might just be a crazy racist ahole and the whole team might just be a pack of enabling meatheads

Also the Jets had the best week out of any team in the league without even playing. Aside from Marvin Lewis going full retard & handing Balt a victory they gained on every team including two teams losing to Tb and Jax lol

Old
11-12-2013, 08:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I had picked up Jay Cutler a couple weeks ago so I could stash him on IR. It looked like a great move when he came back so quickly and started hot. Then, the ankle. Now I'm left with Matt Ryan, Mike Glennon, and an injured Jay Cutler. The rest of my team is terrific (I'm first at 8-2, most points scored, etc.).

I'm proposing a trade: Ryan and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and Mike James. I know James is injured--I'll cut him if the deal goes through. Other team gets Ben Tate in exchange for giving me the potential upgrade of Luck over Ryan.

The team I'm proposing the deal to also has Robert Griffin and Nick Foles. I thought about going for Foles, but with the rest of my team being so strong, I thought I'd go for what I consider the safer bet in Luck. Thoughts on this deal for me?

I'm also cutting Glennon for Josh McCown. McCown has looked good in limited action this year.

It's just pain.
Old
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I had picked up Jay Cutler a couple weeks ago so I could stash him on IR. It looked like a great move when he came back so quickly and started hot. Then, the ankle. Now I'm left with Matt Ryan, Mike Glennon, and an injured Jay Cutler. The rest of my team is terrific (I'm first at 8-2, most points scored, etc.).

I'm proposing a trade: Ryan and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and Mike James. I know James is injured--I'll cut him if the deal goes through. Other team gets Ben Tate in exchange for giving me the potential upgrade of Luck over Ryan.

The team I'm proposing the deal to also has Robert Griffin and Nick Foles. I thought about going for Foles, but with the rest of my team being so strong, I thought I'd go for what I consider the safer bet in Luck. Thoughts on this deal for me?

I'm also cutting Glennon for Josh McCown. McCown has looked good in limited action this year.
I like it a lot for you, but why would the other guy accept? Even if it makes him a little better, it helps you out more and wouldn't it be more valuable to him to keep a rival down?

Or are his RB corps down the toilet, like he went for two of Spiller/Martin/Rice/Richardson as his top two RB?

If you can get away with it I like it a lot, I mean Tate is on the waiver wire in my league (only 6 teams though).

After winning last week against the #2 (moving me in to 2nd 7-3) in my league despite having J. Charles, Gronk, and Gostkowski on byes and everything going wrong (Dalton hail mary, Vinatieri getting nothing, Spiller sucking again), I've picked up a serious case of fantasy hubris and am assuming that I will make the final.

My question is then, is my team good enough to beat the best team in my league (points leader, 8-2), or do I have to move some depth for top-end players?

My team:

QB Stafford
QB Newton
RB Charles
RB Lacy
RB Morris
RB Spiller
RB Brown (pending waivers)
WR Marshall
WR Garcon
WR V. Jackson
WR Fitzgerald
TE Gronkowski
TE Gates
K Gostkowski
D Streaming (Bengals pending waivers)

vs

His team:

QB P. Manning
QB Kaepernick
RB Lynch
RB Forte
RB Bell
RB James
WR Green
WR D. Jackson
WR Gordon
WR Allen
WR Harvin
TE Cameron
TE Davis
K Crosby
D Seahawks

Having V. Jackson and Fitzgerald riding the pine every week feels like a waste, but OTOH it gives me the opportunity to play matchups. But I can't help but feel that he has the better team apart from Flex (Morris vs Bell) and TE (Gronk vs Cameron).

Old
11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The other person has, in addition to Mike James: Trent Richardson, MJD, Law Firm and Andre Ellington.

We play in a deep league with 2 RB spots and 2 flex spots, so pretty much every team has 5 RBs on their roster. Ben Tate, by virtue of being the starter, is already in a better spot that the Law Firm. Richardson has been ****, MJD plays for a terrible team and James is done for the year. Ellington is a home run hitter, but inconsistent and in a time share. Tate probably becomes her best and most consistent RB for the final few weeks.

Did I mention the "other team" is owned by my fiancee?

As for you--I actually prefer your roster to his. Manning is banged up, Kaepernick isn't that good to begin with and I like your RBs.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

I won an Antrel Rolle jersey at the stadium on Sunday. They were doing some trivia thing at the Bud Light gate when we were walking in and I answered the question:

Which quarterback led the Giants to the playoffs in 1997?

Danny Kanell

Old
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Danny Kanell, right?

Old
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Danny Kanell, right?
Nailed it.

Ed Reed released by the Texans today.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

I'd bring Reed in for a workout.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:06 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Bowe arrested for possession of weed and speeding LOL.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:20 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Was thinking that too.

Funny thing is, this past Sunday I can't even remember who was playing opposite Rolle. I'm assuming it was Mundy, but whoever it was definitely had a quiet game.

Not necessarily a bad thing as an NFL safety

Old
11-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
The other person has, in addition to Mike James: Trent Richardson, MJD, Law Firm and Andre Ellington.

We play in a deep league with 2 RB spots and 2 flex spots, so pretty much every team has 5 RBs on their roster. Ben Tate, by virtue of being the starter, is already in a better spot that the Law Firm. Richardson has been ****, MJD plays for a terrible team and James is done for the year. Ellington is a home run hitter, but inconsistent and in a time share. Tate probably becomes her best and most consistent RB for the final few weeks.

Did I mention the "other team" is owned by my fiancee?

As for you--I actually prefer your roster to his. Manning is banged up, Kaepernick isn't that good to begin with and I like your RBs.
Ah, then the trade makes more sense! The question is, does the fact that it is with your SO make your trading partner more cooperative, or more likely to cut off its nose to spite the face so to speak?

Thanks for the input! Yeah I've had the feeling that my roster is pretty damn good, but I'm only 4th out of 6 in total points in my league which has had me worried. The Doug Martin injury was at least a blessing in disguise as it finally removed him from my lineup. I was starting him every week, and he was a constant letdown.

Old
11-12-2013, 01:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I had Marques Colston as my week-in, week-out disappointment. I finally cut bait two weeks ago. I think I picked up Kendall Wright in return. Of course Colston just had a big game...

Depending on how Wright does this week, I may or may not cut him and pick up Michael Crabtree. I feel like he could be a good option during my playoff run.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Could see Rex being on the phone immediately with Idzik to put in a claim. Hope its a Jets reunion.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, Reed could be a good complementary piece for the Jetsies. I like Antonio Allen, but someone else to play CF would be nice. Allen can struggle in coverage.

One of the writers on Yahoo sports said that the Texans will replace Reed with Jawanza Starling, some dude on the Giants' practice squad.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:31 PM
McRanger

Weird to see Reeds career winding down.

Feels like just yesterday I was watching him in the orange bowl dominating on those ridiculous Miami teams.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Yeah, Reed could be a good complementary piece for the Jetsies. I like Antonio Allen, but someone else to play CF would be nice. Allen can struggle in coverage.

One of the writers on Yahoo sports said that the Texans will replace Reed with Jawanza Starling, some dude on the Giants' practice squad.
This dude?

Closed Thread