HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Current Leafs and ratification

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Suntouchable13

vCash: 500
Current Leafs and ratification

Who, if any, of the current Leafs will vote no on the upcomming ratification vote? I will go with McCabe and Nolan. McCabe, because of the comments he made early in the lockout, and Nolan because he is most likely to be bought out and he will never make anywhere near 6 mill a year under the new CBA.

Two more questions: Is this even worth speculating? Maybe I am making a mistake by even starting this thread.
And, do you think that if you talk to McCabe now he would admit that what he said earlier was a mistake, and he takes it all back?

Old
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
berney fkaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware of the Leafs
Who, if any, of the current Leafs will vote no on the upcomming ratification vote? I will go with McCabe and Nolan. McCabe, because of the comments he made early in the lockout, and Nolan because he is most likely to be bought out and he will never make anywhere near 6 mill a year under the new CBA.

Two more questions: Is this even worth speculating? Maybe I am making a mistake by even starting this thread.
And, do you think that if you talk to McCabe now he would admit that what he said earlier was a mistake, and he takes it all back?
Nolan will more than likely get bought out, but voting no is not going to make him anymore money.

Old
07-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware of the Leafs

how is Nolan going to be making more money by the leauge not playing than if he is playing? Even if he gets bought out and signs somewhere else he'll be making more than sitting home.

I have no idea who will vote what, but your agruement for why Nolan would vote no doesn't hold water.

Old
07-14-2005, 02:48 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by berney fkaj
Nolan will more than likely get bought out, but voting no is not going to make him anymore money.
You're right, and in fact if he gets bought out at 2/3 the original contract and then signs a new deal he might make as much as the original contract.

Old
07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

last night i was shaking my head with a talk 640 update saying might the leafs buy out nolan and even sundin

Old
07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
last night i was shaking my head with a talk 640 update saying might the leafs buy out nolan and even sundin

We're hearing a lot of "updates" that are likely nothing more than people making stuff up. A lot of things might happen. The Messenger might invite Frankie to come visit him in Kelowna. timlap might get rich. Pretty safe to say "might" in a news update. )

Old
07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

did any catch 640 leafs lunch today?
they were to talk about what the leafs moves might be

Old
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
J-HoFan

Send a message via MSN to J-HoFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
how is Nolan going to be making more money by the leauge not playing than if he is playing? Even if he gets bought out and signs somewhere else he'll be making more than sitting home.

I have no idea who will vote what, but your agruement for why Nolan would vote no doesn't hold water.
I think his point was the Nolan may vote no in the hopes that the deal is not ratified, and perhaps in newly drawn up deal he would have a better shot at making more money.

Old
07-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
what mccabe said wasnt a mistake
he was just trying to support his fellow players and union
would you rather he say something like "we wont sit out, we want a cap" and get his ass kicked by linden in some back alley?

Closed Thread