HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
  #326
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 267
Ubaldo hates the Rockies, zero chance of it happening.

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #327
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,306
vCash: 500
No. He whined about his teammates getting big long-term deals and pouted his way out of Denver, then proceeded to do little of consequence with Cleveland. We don't need prima donnas like that on this team.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
  #328
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No. He whined about his teammates getting big long-term deals and pouted his way out of Denver, then proceeded to do little of consequence with Cleveland. We don't need prima donnas like that on this team.
Don't forget drilling Tulo on the back with a fastball next time he faced us.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
  #329
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Really sad story about Dorsett. Not just the headline - his quotes.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ll-concussions

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:15 PM
  #330
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Really sad story about Dorsett. Not just the headline - his quotes.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ll-concussions
That was brutal.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 09:02 AM
  #331
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12

Tony Romo helping the cause


Mike Ditka Loyalty


Something for the cheeseheads


John Brown University, where they throw out toilet paper after the first basket


Jared Allen...awesome DE...lousy QB


DeAngelo Williams = Great Guy.


hay hay...

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 01:15 PM
  #332
18007
Phat
 
18007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post

Tony Romo helping the cause
this one's hilarious. Watch Allen.

18007 is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 10:10 PM
  #333
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Lawson with the DAGGER.

Over 20 points in every game on the year for Ty, Nugs finally gonna get that first W.

famicommander is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
  #334
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Fun game. I think the hockey crowd for the Avs is so much better than the Nugs though. Even in the 5th row, people were talking trash and throwing popcorn and crap at each other. I dunno why I keep giving the NBA chances.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 11:10 PM
  #335
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 267
Is it true some boys in burgundy were in the house?

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
11-08-2013, 12:42 AM
  #336
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Really sad story about Dorsett. Not just the headline - his quotes.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ll-concussions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
That was brutal.
between the fact that 4 out of 5 of these guys go bankrupt after retirement and have a 90-year old man's brain at age 50, I don't think there's many careers with a worse risk-reward payoff than NFL players.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 08:32 AM
  #337
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Is it true some boys in burgundy were in the house?
Yep Giguere was there and O'Reilly was with his girlfriend courtside (the one with him in the yoga pic someone posted in another thread). O'Reillytried a half court shop and didn't even come close. There was one guy with Giguere too but I didn't hear who he was.

The weird thing is when O'Reilly ran off the court, he looked like he had just broken in a horse or something. He runs like a cowboy.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 10:15 AM
  #338
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 267
O'Reilly tweeted something about hoping his pants didn't rip so maybe he was having a wardrobe malfunction? Lol McGinn was making fun of his shot attempt. Some good tweets last night.

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
11-08-2013, 10:52 PM
  #339
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Nuggets had a weird game. Down 17, then up 11, then lost by 11 after a terrible fourth quarter. Lawson had 29 points but none in the fourth; nobody else would help him. Mozzy only got 5 minutes which was strange, considering how much better he has looked than McGee this year.

Next game is @Utah, and we should be getting Chandler back.

Colorado State basketball started tonight, though. They beat UC Colorado Springs in Fort Collins, 99-70. Next they are on the road against #15 Gonzaga.

CU's basketball team is losing too, which is wonderful news. Hate the whole city of Boulder and I always root against CU.


Last edited by famicommander: 11-08-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo
famicommander is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:20 PM
  #340
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Nuggets had a weird game. Down 17, then up 11, then lost by 11 after a terrible fourth quarter. Lawson had 29 points but none in the fourth; nobody else would help him. Mozzy only got 5 minutes which was strange, considering how much better he has looked than McGee this year.

Next game is @Utah, and we should be getting Chandler back.

Colorado State basketball started tonight, though. They beat UC Colorado Springs in Fort Collins, 99-70. Next they are on the road against #15 Gonzaga.

CU's basketball team is losing too, which is wonderful news. Hate the whole city of Boulder and I always root against CU.
It's ok little brother. You'll grow up someday. Maybe.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
  #341
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Shouldn't you be busy eating granola and recycling or something?

famicommander is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
  #342
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Shouldn't you be busy eating granola and recycling or something?
Not even original. Weak.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
  #343
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Yes, because referring to an in-state rival as "little brother" is the most blindingly original thing to ever grace the pages of this forum. Get the hell over yourself.

famicommander is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:49 PM
  #344
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Yes, because referring to an in-state rival as "little brother" is the most blindingly original thing to ever grace the pages of this forum. Get the hell over yourself.


Irony

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-09-2013, 04:16 PM
  #345
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 12,646
vCash: 50
CU will kill CSU in basketball this year, not even worried about them.

I follow recruiting a lot, and it's great to see that CU is going after JUCOs for the first time in a long time. Get them MacIntyre.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-09-2013, 05:31 PM
  #346
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
CU's basketball team is losing too, which is wonderful news. Hate the whole city of Boulder and I always root against CU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
It's ok little brother. You'll grow up someday. Maybe.
Both of your schools suck at sports, so stop bickering. It's embarrassing.

jfisher6 is offline  
Old
11-09-2013, 06:00 PM
  #347
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Both of your schools suck at sports, so stop bickering. It's embarrassing.
Outside of football you have no idea what you're talking about. I find trying to come off as having an understanding of something and not to be embarrassing.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-09-2013, 06:15 PM
  #348
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 267
Ok, what championships in any sport have CU or CSU won this century?

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
11-09-2013, 06:26 PM
  #349
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 12,646
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Ok, what championships in any sport have CU or CSU won this century?
Ski in 2013.

Their cross country team is one of the best in the nation. Both men and women are winning conference championships, and Men's cross country team won national championship in 01,04,06. Women has won national championship won in 00, and 04.

Both basketball teams are trending up.

Outside football, CU has been great.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-09-2013, 06:39 PM
  #350
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Ski in 2013.

Their cross country team is one of the best in the nation. Both men and women are winning conference championships, and Men's cross country team won national championship in 01,04,06. Women has won national championship won in 00, and 04.

Both basketball teams are trending up.

Outside football, CU has been great.
Two members of the CU cross country team were in the last summer Olympics as well.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.