HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Peter DeBoer thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
  #101
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
You know what else would be less frequent under Lemaire? Goals.

We added SIX new players this offseason. Chemistry isn't something that just happens 7 days into the season. This is a marathon, and you can't be eliminated in the first 5-10 games.

I can't defend Volchenkov or Harrold in over Fayne, but Lou is as much to blame for giving Volch a 6 year deal and bringing back Zids/Harrold when we were already gushing with D.

People forget that this was an 8-10th place team the first half of 2012 until the Poni/Zids acquisitions. We were playing win one/lose one hockey for 40 games.

If we were losing with Fayne and Josefson in the lineup, would you guys still be complaining about the coaching? I doubt it.

It's October 8th, everyone relax. Can we at least wait until Halloween before freak out?
I'd give him till Halloween to see try and get this team on the right track. If we're way below 500 though, a change needs to be made IMO. And 2 games below NHL 500 with too many shootout/OT losses is not that close to 500 that I have in mind.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  #102
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,049
vCash: 500
One thing that annoys the hell out of me, and this isn't completely on Deboer, but he needs to recognize this and fix it.

Since the start of 11-12, we have been to overtime 37 times. THIRTY SEVEN times! We have only scored 4 goals in OT in those 37 times. Our OT record is 4-5 in that time. So we don't lose many games in the overtime period, but we don't win hardly any either.

If that doesn't say this team is playing for the shootout more often than not, I don't know what does. 15 of these OT games have come since the start of 12-13, and we've only won a single game in OT since. It was the first of these 15 games.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
  #103
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
You know what else would be less frequent under Lemaire? Goals.

We added SIX new players this offseason. Chemistry isn't something that just happens 7 days into the season. This is a marathon, and you can't be eliminated in the first 5-10 games.

I can't defend Volchenkov or Harrold in over Fayne, but Lou is as much to blame for giving Volch a 6 year deal and bringing back Zids/Harrold when we were already gushing with D.

People forget that this was an 8-10th place team the first half of 2012 until the Poni/Zids acquisitions. We were playing win one/lose one hockey for 40 games.

If we were losing with Fayne and Josefson in the lineup, would you guys still be complaining about the coaching? I doubt it.

It's October 8th, everyone relax. Can we at least wait until Halloween before freak out?
yes because I have been complaining about Deboer for years now.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
  #104
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,240
vCash: 500
What a mess this board is, have we ever seen such irrational, knee jerk reactions like this before?

We have a complex system in place from our coach which is a secret to nobody, we have 4 new forwards - that's more than 25% of our forward lineup different from last season

More often than not these first 3 games, guys have often been out of place on the ice and in many cases throwing passes to nobody or coming too close to each other, stuff that is not uncommon when you have a fair amount of new players

Have PDB's lineups been of question? Absolutely, but some of these comments are ridiculous

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:20 PM
  #105
The Great Dame
Blame Pete
 
The Great Dame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Larsson sitting out tonight...

**** YOU DEBOER YOU ****ing ******** MORON

The Great Dame is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:23 PM
  #106
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Those of you that are defending DeBoer, I am curious what your explanation is for Larsson sitting instead of Volchenkov or Harrold. Not trying to start an argument, I'm curious of the rationale that I'm not seeing

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
  #107
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
Larsson sitting out tonight...

**** YOU DEBOER YOU ****ing ******** MORON
He hasn't looked good, but to take him out before a washed up over paid player and a journeyman fringe defensemen? Not a fan

Olesz in for Carter is questionable as well

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
  #108
The Great Dame
Blame Pete
 
The Great Dame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
He hasn't looked good, but to take him out before a washed up over paid player and a journeyman fringe defensemen? Not a fan

Olesz in for Carter is questionable as well
Agreed, Gionta should be sat before Carter.

But yet again, we see DeBoer develops obsessions for bad players like Harrold and Gionta.

The Great Dame is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:31 PM
  #109
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,240
vCash: 500
I'll say it again, Pete's lineup decisions being odd cannot be questioned

But it cannot be ignored that we have a ton of new forwards still trying to learn a system and their teammates to generate chemistry - those things do not happen over night, it actually takes something called work - you know like working towards coming up with a rational thought by taking variables into account rather than a quick thought just to say something

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:33 PM
  #110
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Anyway you slice it, this is unacceptable.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:34 PM
  #111
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Those of you that are defending DeBoer, I am curious what your explanation is for Larsson sitting instead of Volchenkov or Harrold. Not trying to start an argument, I'm curious of the rationale that I'm not seeing
I have no idea. I can't explain it, and it's a dumb decision.

No one is saying he's a flawless coach and I'm not sure why you seem to think those defending him are implying otherwise.

I fully admit that the way he manages this defense makes me want to pull my hair out. But you know what else made me want to pull my hair out? Lemaire playing Mark Fraser 20 minutes a night and wanting a goon in the line up every game.

But to think playing a bad player and scratching a good player is a firing offense is asinine. Show me one NHL coach that DOESN'T play favorites.

No coach was perfect. In 2010 when Lemaire retired 80% of this board was thrilled, and 6 months later people were saying he's the best non-Lou Devils figure in history. Go figure.

However, Larsson did get burned pretty badly in the Penguin and Islander games, it's not as though he didn't do anything wrong. I can't explain why he's higher on the chopping block than players who made equally bad mistakes, or why Fayne was out of the lineup to begin with.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
  #112
Khione
Swede or Turnip?
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Duna
Country: Hungary
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
He is ruining Larsson. The guy have zero confidens. Let him play fore **** sack and let him do some misstakes. He is 20 years old. Send him down to ahl if you dont trust him.

Khione is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:07 PM
  #113
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJD Draft Table
Country: United States
Posts: 21,120
vCash: 500
Pete is a young player killer.

Heave him Lou

Devils Dominion is online now  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:11 PM
  #114
zharkenby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
Pete is single handedly ruining larssons career. Not happy about this at all, at this point we may as well trade him and get a real scorer. This is ridiculous

zharkenby is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:11 PM
  #115
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,049
vCash: 500
I just hope if he goes, Stevens isn't the replacement.

Knowing Lou though, I don't think he'd make Stevens the replacement. Too inexperienced.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:13 PM
  #116
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!
 
EliasR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,993
vCash: 500
He got burned by Grabner, the whole team got burned by him. Every single one of Grabner's goal could be placed on the whole team not just Larsson. He could have played it better, true, and he harbors responsibility but the whole team played poorly defensively.

He played well yesterday and definitely did not deserve to be scratched. He plays better when he has confidence but how are you going to have confidence when you worry about mistake you make might get you scratched. I wonder how Lou reacts to this, 3 of their past 4 first round picks are in the press box.

EliasR8 is online now  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:18 PM
  #117
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJD Draft Table
Country: United States
Posts: 21,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasR8 View Post
He got burned by Grabner, the whole team got burned by him. Every single one of Grabner's goal could be placed on the whole team not just Larsson. He could have played it better, true, and he harbors responsibility but the whole team played poorly defensively.

He played well yesterday and definitely did not deserve to be scratched. He plays better when he has confidence but how are you going to have confidence when you worry about mistake you make might get you scratched. I wonder how Lou reacts to this, 3 of their past 4 first round picks are in the press box.
And the other ones we lost or were traded away (granted one was for Cory).

Devils Dominion is online now  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
  #118
B A T M A N
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Johnny Mac two point oh right here.

B A T M A N is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:26 PM
  #119
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,831
vCash: 500
Deboer is awful with personnel decision and gametime on-ice decisions.

His system is good though.

Is it good enough to compensate for losing Urbom, probably Fayne, and pissing off Larsson for though? I dunno

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:27 PM
  #120
Barcelonian Devil
Registered User
 
Barcelonian Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Barcelonian Devil
I think Lou and Pete are trying to avoid having to buy out Volchenkov, remember he's still signed until the end of the 15-16 season, he's playing fine other than his retarded play against calgary that cost the go ahead goal against and we may get a team or two to bite the bait, even if it's just for a late round pick

Barcelonian Devil is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:29 PM
  #121
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
You know what else would be less frequent under Lemaire? Goals.
wow. would lemaire have to come back and walk on water to finally get the respect he deserves? I’m not even entertaining the idea of him coaching again, because I believe him this time when he says he’s retired. that said, if he were to come back, this team would be in the playoffs. no question.

to say we wouldn’t score any goals under lemaire (which youre saying would be understandable anyway because of roster turnover) is downright ignorant and disrespectful to the man.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
  #122
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 50
Larsson scratched for Fayne? It's to the point where I'm only surprised it didn't happen the game before.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  #123
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelonian Devil View Post
I think Lou and Pete are trying to avoid having to buy out Volchenkov, remember he's still signed until the end of the 15-16 season, he's playing fine other than his retarded play against calgary that cost the go ahead goal against and we may get a team or two to bite the bait, even if it's just for a late round pick
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't touch #28, even if he came for free. He's a brutal hockey player when talking about how the "new NHL" is being played.

If he does get bought out this summer, I'll predict right now that he won't get another deal from a NHL team and will bolt back home.

BOOK IT !!!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
  #124
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I'll say it again, Pete's lineup decisions being odd cannot be questioned

But it cannot be ignored that we have a ton of new forwards still trying to learn a system and their teammates to generate chemistry - those things do not happen over night, it actually takes something called work - you know like working towards coming up with a rational thought by taking variables into account rather than a quick thought just to say something
I don't care how much or how little chemistry a team has. If you have a 3 goal lead with 12 minutes left, you have no excuse for losing.

Calling a timeout after the 1st goal would have been smart, but I understand not using it so soon. Not calling timeout after the 2nd goal is a rookie mistake. Not calling it after the 3rd goal is plain stubborn. Not calling it after the 4th goal is straight ignorance and stupidity. This isn't the same coach that got us to the finals. He was stubborn then, but he wasn't stupid. Now he's just a ****ing moron. I'm done defending him. I don't want him here after watching last game.

We blow leads more than any team I've ever seen. It's completely unacceptable.

apice3* is offline  
Old
10-08-2013, 04:39 PM
  #125
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,831
vCash: 500
Pool for when Deboer gets cut? Can be through this and next year obviously.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.