HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leipold: aiming for about 28 million

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2005, 03:09 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Leipold: aiming for about 28 million

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....507230351/1028

With all of our RFA's signed(Sullivan was again mentioned,) we're at about 20 million...some free agents will be added, but Leipold wants to stay around the midpoint in order to receive revenue sharing, which makes sense. Shero doesn't think they'll go right up to their 28.6 million budget...to leave some flexibility for "Sullivan-type deals to bolster the team mid-season" which also sounds good to me. I expect us to be working with about 5 or 6 million to spend on free agents...and there's a lot that can be done with that, these days.

Old
07-23-2005, 09:55 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
That's to be expected. Leopold said on the radio yesterday that they would be looking to add one or two grade 'A' player via free agency. Two 3 mil a year players would bring two borderline All-Stars. That leaves us the funds and the ability to bolster our D-core by adding one more tough, rugged Dman as well as adding a really nice center.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind another offensive defenseman (like a Kaberle). I just have a feeling that the PP will be arguably the most important aspect of hockey for the first 20 games. If the NHL really plans to crack down on obstruction, there is going to be a ton of penalties through the first few months. The teams that can capitalize on those PP's and avoid giving up too many goals on the PK will have a huge advantage at the quarter pole. In these endurance races, getting a nice headstart can mean less wear and tear on the body as the season progresses.

Old
07-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That's to be expected. Leopold said on the radio yesterday that they would be looking to add one or two grade 'A' player via free agency. Two 3 mil a year players would bring two borderline All-Stars. That leaves us the funds and the ability to bolster our D-core by adding one more tough, rugged Dman as well as adding a really nice center.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind another offensive defenseman (like a Kaberle). I just have a feeling that the PP will be arguably the most important aspect of hockey for the first 20 games. If the NHL really plans to crack down on obstruction, there is going to be a ton of penalties through the first few months. The teams that can capitalize on those PP's and avoid giving up too many goals on the PK will have a huge advantage at the quarter pole. In these endurance races, getting a nice headstart can mean less wear and tear on the body as the season progresses.
Wouldn't it be great to get a Hamrlik to come to Nashville.

07-23-2005, 07:33 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That is an excellent point - I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. Rafalski will look good in a CBJ uni filling this role nicely for us!

Just another reason why I like playing you guys the most - got some smart posters on these here HF boards

Old
07-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
That is an excellent point - I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. Rafalski will look good in a CBJ uni filling this role nicely for us!

Just another reason why I like playing you guys the most - got some smart posters on these here HF boards
What are you kidding me? We are all a bunch of toothless hicks down here. We know nothing about hockey. Our team is moving to Winnipeg where they know hockey even though we have had better attendance than the jets did at times.

Old
07-23-2005, 10:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf

hey now...we may have forged an uneasy alliance while on the same side during the lockout...but the game is back on...and we're forced to go back to hating you for the dirty jackets fan that you are!

Old
07-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
What about Demitra and Norstrom ... That could be great bolster for us. I think that "home stay" defensmen like Mathias is better for us than offensive DEF (Kimmo, Zidlicky, Hamhuis .... )

Old
07-24-2005, 02:12 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba64
What about Demitra and Norstrom ... That could be great bolster for us. I think that "home stay" defensmen like Mathias is better for us than offensive DEF (Kimmo, Zidlicky, Hamhuis .... )
I'd love Demitra, but I've always felt he was more of a winger.

Norstrom would be a great fit though.

We are going to have to fight tooth and nail with a dozen other teams to land those two. I'm not sure we have what it takes.

Closed Thread