HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2014, 07:14 AM
  #1
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,514
vCash: 50
Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

New Jersey (after four straight losses, yes we're ****ty again):


Devils expected lineup:
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Ryane Clowe-Adam Henrique-Michael Ryder
Patrik Elias-Danius Zubrus-Damien Brunner
Tuomo Ruutu-Jacob Josefson-Stephen Gionta

Andy Greene-Damon Severson
Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Eric Gelinas-Jon Merrill

Cory Schnieder (possible starter), Scott Clemmensen (possible backup)


INJURED: Martin Havlat (unspecified body injury), Jordin Tootoo (lower-body injury)
Scratches: Adam Larsson


Ottawa (all the best to you guys away from the rink after the recent tragedy in Ottawa):


Senators possible lineup:

Clarke MacArthur-Kyle Turris-Mark Stone
Bobby Ryan-Mike Zibanejad-Alex Chiasson
Mike Hoffman-David Legwand-Chris Neil
Milan Michalek-Zach Smith-Curtis Lazar

Chris Phillips-Erik Karlsson
Patrick Wiercioch-Cody Ceci
Mark Borowiecki-Eric Gryba

Robin Lehner (starter)-Craig Anderson (backup)

INJURED - Marc Methot (back)
Scratches - Colin Greening, Eric Condra, Jared Cowen


No other speeches, videos or drawings, just win please


Last edited by NJDevs26: 10-25-2014 at 01:35 PM.
NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 07:24 AM
  #2
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Either turn it around or we'll get a new coach soon. Henrique, Elias, Ryder, Clowe are not producing at the moment. If Pete cant get them going, Pete gets to go himself.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:13 AM
  #3
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,607
vCash: 500
Henrique has 7 points +4 in 7 games and he isn't producing?

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:32 AM
  #4
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,607
vCash: 500
Fact of the matter is the team is playing very well aside from the bad penalties, which seem to be getting straightened out...
The problems you are seeing is straight up a weak group of forwards. This coaching staff has had this team in position to win just about every game they have played that is about all they can do. No coach is going make Clowe, Zubrus or Jagr faster. No coach is going to make Cory not give up a critical soft goal..no coach is going to get one of these scrubs to score in shootout as far as I know no coach can teach skill? Does anyone truly believe a new coach can do more with this roster?
Look at this top 6 for christsake! Jagr is done, Zajac is a second liner, Zubrus at best is a 3rd liner, Elias is looking more and more done by the day, Havlat is a saviour? My god that is terrible and those are the forwards who get the most iced time because it's the best of the garbage.


You can't get blood from a stone and that is what many of you are looking for.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:33 AM
  #5
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,893
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Henrique has 7 points +4 in 7 games and he isn't producing?
What have you some for me lately! Lately as in the last game around here

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:36 AM
  #6
tr83
Status Whoa!
 
tr83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Another game...oh golly

tr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:37 AM
  #7
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
While the people of Ottawa deserve to see a home win tonight, we simply can't afford a loss.. Really need to start righting the ship a bit here

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 08:38 AM
  #8
liquid1988
Registered User
 
liquid1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Exit 105 GSPW
Country: United States
Posts: 2,842
vCash: 500
I have a feeling this will not end well. These guys are going to be locked, stocked and ready to play after that shooting. They haven't played in a few days and we are coming off of a tough game from last night. We already looked tired last night, can't imagine how we will look tonight but still....GO DEVILS! NEVER LOSE FAITH!

liquid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 09:43 AM
  #9
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Fact of the matter is the team is playing very well aside from the bad penalties, which seem to be getting straightened out...
The problems you are seeing is straight up a weak group of forwards. This coaching staff has had this team in position to win just about every game they have played that is about all they can do. No coach is going make Clowe, Zubrus or Jagr faster. No coach is going to make Cory not give up a critical soft goal..no coach is going to get one of these scrubs to score in shootout as far as I know no coach can teach skill? Does anyone truly believe a new coach can do more with this roster?
Look at this top 6 for christsake! Jagr is done, Zajac is a second liner, Zubrus at best is a 3rd liner, Elias is looking more and more done by the day, Havlat is a saviour? My god that is terrible and those are the forwards who get the most iced time because it's the best of the garbage.


You can't get blood from a stone and that is what many of you are looking for.
6 in first and 5 in 2nd game, our 2nd line centerman is bound to rack up points. We need Henrique to be the clutch, take elias' role, for its quite clear that patty aint going to get an extension. To me Henrique could be more, right now he is a good component when his linemate is creatingthe chance, henrique is clever enough to read the play. But i want so see him make the big plays, get past elite defense. If he wont start doing it soon then how else do you get him to play better than tto change the coach and the system?

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 10:25 AM
  #10
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 23,900
vCash: 500
We suck.


But if we win, we still suck(only a bit less).

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 10:38 AM
  #11
hockeyr5
Registered User
 
hockeyr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 500
Just win win win

hockeyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:02 AM
  #12
KarlssonnSchultz
Registered User
 
KarlssonnSchultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
What are the chances Schneider starts again?

KarlssonnSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:19 AM
  #13
RNCDevil
Registered User
 
RNCDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Brycey Poo View Post
6 in first and 5 in 2nd game, our 2nd line centerman is bound to rack up points. We need Henrique to be the clutch, take elias' role, for its quite clear that patty aint going to get an extension. To me Henrique could be more, right now he is a good component when his linemate is creatingthe chance, henrique is clever enough to read the play. But i want so see him make the big plays, get past elite defense. If he wont start doing it soon then how else do you get him to play better than tto change the coach and the system?
Mostly from the blue line. That is where they are building from. I just hope Lou drops weight and picks up assets in the Spring.

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:24 AM
  #14
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
Mostly from the blue line. That is where they are building from. I just hope Lou drops weight and picks up assets in the Spring.
Only addition needed on our blueline is a 30 yr old gritty stay at home D.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:38 AM
  #15
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 500
We really really really need a win tonight but it's going to be rocking in that arena tonight given the recent events.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:44 AM
  #16
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
Mostly from the blue line. That is where they are building from. I just hope Lou drops weight and picks up assets in the Spring.
I really hope we don't have to wait until spring to drop weight and pickup assets.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:47 AM
  #17
goawaygary*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Tough tough spot for the Devils tonight. Honestly won't utter a cross word if they lose, even if it's another shootout loss. Ottawa will be playing with game 7 SCF emotion.

goawaygary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:48 AM
  #18
JK3
BOTTOM 12
 
JK3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I really hope we don't have to wait until spring to drop weight and pickup assets.
Exactly, I'll never understand why Lou never got rid of anyone at the deadline the last two years.

JK3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 11:49 AM
  #19
goawaygary*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
I think that if the Devils didn't gag it up vs NYR and won the shootout last night, this is probably a Clemmensen game. But now we're kinda needing a win so, gotta go with Cory

goawaygary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 12:09 PM
  #20
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear
 
The 29th Pick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bergen County N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
We suck.


But if we win, we still suck(only a bit less).
hey...no negativity today...I'm not gonna tolerate it from you or anybody.. see

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 12:13 PM
  #21
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear
 
The 29th Pick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bergen County N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Exactly, I'll never understand why Lou never got rid of anyone at the deadline the last two years.
me neither, he just never "dumps" players for picks or for fear of them walking, its just not his style

plus he's changed over the last few years, he has a longer leash on people..like his heart grew 2 sizes in the last decade or something

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 12:35 PM
  #22
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User
 
jkrdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlssonnSchultz View Post
What are the chances Schneider starts again?
90%, clemmensen is basically only in the team for mop up duty.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 12:41 PM
  #23
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User
 
jkrdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 29th Pick View Post
me neither, he just never "dumps" players for picks or for fear of them walking, its just not his style

plus he's changed over the last few years, he has a longer leash on people..like his heart grew 2 sizes in the last decade or something
You also have to look at the teams situation at the deadline itself. At both point at the deadline we were just outside playoff spot only to go on a bad run following the deadline to knock us out of contention.

2011 they did sell of Langenbrunner and then Arnott at the deadline. They hung onto Greene, but the re-signed him.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 01:21 PM
  #24
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Great Again
Country: United States
Posts: 24,054
vCash: 500
Don't expect much tonight except a tired Devils team chasing the Sens all game long.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 01:40 PM
  #25
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil
 
Fayne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 12,977
vCash: 500
Can't wait to watch the slow forwards try to skate tonight.
Zubrus is my favorite.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.